NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Moore won’t do much because Fields is what he is - a below average qB and probably not their QB of the future.

And no way panthers pick stroud. Maybe they really love a guy like Anderson…i dunno
Fields carried that terrible offense. He was the only reason they ever scored.

He may make it and he may not, but the only way to know is to put real players around him.

Advertisement
The best team in the NFC North about to go on a serious run. Prepare for the upcoming Chicago Bears decade.
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Would hate to be the QB that ends up in Carolina. You talk about an empty cupboard. Hate that the Bears made this come up instead of my Lions.
So there’s still a chance the 313/248 Lions could draft a certain quarterback from Gainesville, Florida?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get the point if you don't think there is a franchise QB In this draft, but how 2 first, 2 second and a above avg WR is overpaying for the #1?
Everybody loves 2nd and 3rd RD picks untill they get to day 2 of the draft and you don't like a single player left and just want to trade down to get more shots
This is cheap if they can get an above avg QB like Cousins or Carr (couple of years ago

Chicago could not ask to be in a better position with the way all this played out.

If Fields is not the answer they got the ability to get Caleb Williams next draft, still have extra picks and Moore.

If i we’re Chicago I might even move back again.

Advertisement
Bears got a great deal. What bothers me is losing Moore. But I could see them not wanting to have to overpay him. I applaud the Panthers for doing whatever it takes to get their guy, even if he busts. It's much preferred to their previous scrap heap QB approach.

For the record, I actually agree with the notion that there is no franchise QB in this draft. But I'm no fan of Young so Stroud would be my pick even though he comes from a QB bust factory. Watching Stroud, he seems more competent & resilient than his predecessors so here's hoping.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back