NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Advertisement
Would hate to be the QB that ends up in Carolina. You talk about an empty cupboard. Hate that the Bears made this come up instead of my Lions.
We just traded our WR corps to Chicago and Ian Thomas is our starting TE... so yeah. At least we have a good OLine.

Advertisement
We just traded our WR corps to Chicago and Ian Thomas is our starting TE... so yeah. At least we have a good OLine.
Tremble is solid and this draft is deep in tight end talent. Wouldn’t be shocked if Carolina used a day 2 pick to give their qb a security blanket.

I mean, Stroud has more of an NFL body than Bryce Young, and I think he’s a terrific prospect, but not for what they paid. You don’t think there’s any chance they go for AR do you? That would be hysterical.
Doubt it.

Richardson probably would’ve still been available at 9 if that’s who they were picking.

I’m guessing they felt they had to move up ahead of the Texans & the Colts to get either Stroud or Bryce Young.

Advertisement
Doubt it.

Richardson probably would’ve still been available at 9 if that’s who they were picking.

I’m guessing they felt they had to move up ahead of the Texans & the Colts to get either Stroud or Bryce Young.
Taking a guy that can't play for 2 or 3 years may be the right move with 0 weapons. I couldn't imagine an already 50% passer getting better in this situation. Stroud seems like a fit for Reich system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1678490160772.png

The best fit for AR is in
- Houston, behind Davis Mills (although I don’t think they’ll draft him)
- Seattle, behind Geno Smith
- Washington, with Eric Bieniemy
- Tampa, with Dave Canales

Stroud likely gets drafted to Carolina
Bryce Young goes to Houston at #2, or the Colts at #4
Will Levis gets picked by either the Raiders or the Falcons, (it remains to be seen how much they believe in Ridder)
Will Levis is a bum.

Will Levis is a bum.
Insanely overrated by scouts IMO.

The biggest appeal to his game is the fact he played in the McVay/Shanahan Offense in college & therefore is ahead of the learning curve in terms of verbiage & understanding play calls in that systems, but as far as ability & upside I think he’s quite a ways away.

Advertisement
Back