NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Advertisement
?

anyone who goes after lamar ALSO has to give up 2 first round picks because it was a non exclusive tag put on him
True, as that is the case now unless a trade is worked out but Baltimore would likely try to fetch more than the 2 first round picks IMO.

?

anyone who goes after lamar ALSO has to give up 2 first round picks because it was a non exclusive tag put on him
Carolina gave up 2 1sts 2 2nds and a #1 WR for an unproven player. Wtf part of that doesn't make sense when they could have had a 26 year old MVP that would be the best player in division?

Advertisement
True, as that is the case now unless a trade is worked out but Baltimore would likely try to fetch more than the 2 first round picks IMO.
With non-exclusive tag they would only be entitled to 2 1sts if they don't match an offer. They would have to negotiate a separate trade if they wanted more.

With non-exclusive tag they would only be entitled to 2 1sts if they don't match an offer. They would have to negotiate a separate trade if they wanted more.
Yes. That’s what I meant. Baltimore probably feels that he’s worth more than 2 first round picks.

Has Lamar Jackson ****ed every wife of every team owner?

It is wild that no one has just taken him off of the Ravens hands at this point. Bryce Young or CJ Stroud just went for the iron price. Neither one of those guys are winning MVP anytime soon. No disrespect, they are nice prospects. I'm just saying there are levels to this. Lamar Jackson makes you a contender for all but maybe the most dilapidated of programs, IMO. I get the criticisms, but its a bad look after looking at the stupid money that was given to Deshaun Watson and Kyler Murray, and now this price for the #1 pick...many teams can solve a lot of their problems with Lamar. Hefty investment, sure. But saves you a lot of time getting to the point.

?

True… it’s expensive, but I think he’s worth it. You INSTANTLY have, at worst, the 2nd best QB in the Conference…. barring injury, having him gives you the best QB in the NFC. You become instant SB contenders. Besides, What rookie QB you’re gonna draft that’s gonna be able to say that from day 1? **** the 2 first draft picks, if you can get a QB the caliber of Lamar, at this point in his career.. it’s a steep price, but with the stoke of a pen, You become a perennial playoff contender team.

Advertisement
True… it’s expensive, but I think he’s worth it. You INSTANTLY have, at worst, the 2nd best QB in the Conference…. barring injury, having him gives you the best QB in the NFC. You become instant SB contenders. Besides, What rookie QB you’re gonna draft that’s gonna be able to say that from day 1? **** the 2 first draft picks, if you can get a QB the caliber of Lamar, at this point in his career.. it’s a steep price, but with the stoke of a pen, You become a perennial playoff contender team.
you were agreeing to a statement that said "Giving Lamar 200 mil would have been a lot cheaper. Yikes!!!"

I stated it would not have been cheaper

both scenario's cost 2 1st round picks

so then it comes down to paying lamar 200 million (and he wants guaranteed)

vs

dj moore and a 2nd round pick (when the panthers had two 2nd round picks) + bryce young or cj stroud on a rookie deal

the second one is incredibly cheaper

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Best QB in the NFC???

Jalen Hurts Eagles GIF by The Undroppables

Division? ****, I’m saying conference.
200+ million GUARANTEED is what he wants

+ 2 first round picks

do you understand how unreasonable that is for most teams to even fathom? your roster is handicapped for 5+ years immediately.

The browns are already desperately trying to restructure the terrible deshaun watson deal

Advertisement
Advertisement
200+ million GUARANTEED is what he wants

+ 2 first round picks

do you understand how unreasonable that is for most teams to even fathom? your roster is handicapped for 5+ years immediately.

The browns are already desperately trying to restructure the terrible deshaun watson deal
Yes, I understand that… but how much is being a perennial contender worth to you? That’s the question. You think it’s too expensive, I think it’s money well spent. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes, I understand that… but how much is being a perennial contender worth to you? That’s the question. You think it’s too expensive, I think it’s money well spent. 🤷🏾‍♂️
the ravens weren't a perennial contender with lamar jackson. why do the panthers automatically become one by giving him an absolutely ridiculous contract?

Advertisement
Back