OT, but Romo should be an OC...or a DC...

In the Patriots-Chiefs game, Romo was accurately predicting formations, plays, tendencies, who the ball would be thrown to, how deep, etc.

Either this guy should be an OC, or quite possibly a DC.

Uncanny. Guy is a true student of the game.

Watching a Troy Aikman game followed immediately by a Tony Romo game was absolutely remarkable in the contrast. Whereas Aikman gives you "You know, Joe, this 3rd down play is a very big play. The offense really wants to convert this, here." Romo gives you "What a wonderful play design. You know, New England probably hasn't run that particular play in close to a decade, but watch the way this rub route was the PERFECT combination to take advantage of the defense that Kansas City was in."

The sad thing is, Aikman has basically been one of the better NFL analysts for quite a while. He's a million times better than Simms was, for example. But, ****, you listen to a Romo game and realize just what a pile of lazy, entitled, and basically dumb crap analysts we've been forced to put up with for so many years. I really hope the trend continues in the Romo direction...

Advertisement
That was impressive. Even Nantz was impressed and he’s worked with the best

Nantz' last partner was Phill Simms. At this point, he'd be impressed by anyone not drooling on themselves and saying "You know, Jim" for four straight hours every Sunday. That ******* guy was the WORST, and goes to show what TV executives think about the football viewing public that they forced us to put up with that lazy dumbfvck for so long.

But, yes, Nantz has seen and done it all, your point is well taken.

Very, very good commentator.

Really enjoy listening to his broadcasts. His personality also shows.
He gets more into it than the fans do. At first I didn’t care for his “I should still be playing” enthusiasm but I really do enjoy him now. He makes a great pairing with the GOAT Jim Nance

Advertisement
Don’t like his goody personality and his timing of his quips, but certainly provides excellent knowledge

Advertisement
Makes Anthony Witten and Booger McFarland look like absolute morons.

Joe, Witt, and Boog are absolute morons and are an assault on the football viewing public. They are an atrocity of a broadcast. Whenever I try to watch MNF, I'm always like, "not sure if this is a prank, or they are serious".

Definitely seems to be HC material. I think he’s be a wizard as a coach, especially in a dual HC role.

Dallas needs to bring in in to replace garrett

Joe, Witt, and Boog are absolute morons and are an assault on the football viewing public. They are an atrocity of a broadcast. Whenever I try to watch MNF, I'm always like, "not sure if this is a prank, or they are serious".

I almost **** myself when I heard that the NCAA football championship game was going to do the "coaches analysis" broadcast with Witten and Booger.

Advertisement

I want Dan Orlovsky to stay in college football, for selfish reasons, but man, that guy would KILL it on MNF, and they could stabilize the broadcast with him on there for the next 20 years.

I almost **** myself when I heard that the NCAA football championship game was going to do the "coaches analysis" broadcast with Witten and Booger.

Not sure if real or joke.

Holy crap, I had no idea they did that. FFS... Who makes these decisions???

Anybody else catch last night, the punt that didn't hit Edelman, when everyone on the broadcast thought it was a touchdown and Romo was the only one who was like "hang on a second guys, you can't advance a muffed punt". Like, these people are paid millions and the network is making billions off of broadcasting football. How is it that I, sitting on my couch sucking down rum and cokes, know the rules better than these highly paid and "well-prepared" "professionals", Romo aside? It's nuts, man. I'm not sure why that kind of thing bothers me so much, but that kind of crap drives me nuts.

Advertisement
Not sure if real or joke.

Holy crap, I had no idea they did that. FFS... Who makes these decisions???

Anybody else catch last night, the punt that didn't hit Edelman, when everyone on the broadcast thought it was a touchdown and Romo was the only one who was like "hang on a second guys, you can't advance a muffed punt". Like, these people are paid millions and the network is making billions off of broadcasting football. How is it that I, sitting on my couch sucking down rum and cokes, know the rules better than these highly paid and "well-prepared" "professionals", Romo aside? It's nuts, man. I'm not sure why that kind of thing bothers me so much, but that kind of crap drives me nuts.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2019/...ll-crew-alabama-clemson-national-championship

Advertisement
Back