OT, but Romo should be an OC...or a DC...

I just received a dispatch from The Illuminati AND InfoWars and I have it on solid ground that there's a 10 second delay that allows Antonio Romero Romo (agent of Mexico?) to "broadcast" the plays AFTER they actually happen.

Advertisement
I do it EVERY GAME. I COACH FOOTBALL...AND PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL....IT'S NOT THAT HARD. ITS EVEN EASIER...WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO THE COACHES OR WALK THROUGH THEIR PRACTICES TO SEE THEIR GAME PLAN

@Coach Macho They think its GENIUS picking out plays and formations lol.

How much of yall really associate with people that know football, im not talking Madden guys or get back coaches?

He's a bright guy...but people get really carried away like dude just invented football or something. It aint that deep..Lil Richt could predict that sh*t lmao

My goodness man get off your high horse. What makes Romo impressive is he's calling it on the fly while watching the game live at the stadium and explaining it in an easy to digest and exciting format for the viewer pre and post snap. You know...., exactly what color commentators are supposed to be doing. Except he's doing it at a level unseen of before in the NFL.

But I'm sure you're way better. We'll all be eagerly waiting to hear your Superbowl live stream commentary in two weeks.

Figuring out and EXECUTING are 2 different things. The Chiefs defense has been some sh*t for the last few years. Dnofrio would be an upgrade for them.

But Romo da gawwwd everybody...he has super human powers that no one has ever seen. Except couldnt actually do it himself when he lined it up lol

Yeah, we know. Any former college football player could sit there and predict the plays of the team that goes to the Super Bowl every year. But no one in the NFL can figure out how to stop it even though everyone knows what the play is and where they’re going to throw it.

Why are former players impressed then?

I HAVE NO CLUE.....

But just like a lot of my former teammates...most of them just ran their plays and had not a clue what else was going on around them.

I played OL...and had to sit in film sessions with the qbs so my thought process may differ.

Advertisement
Makes the same if not more $ working 90% less hours. If he gets the urge to get back in the game, he'd have a job waiting for him anytime.

Yeah, we know. Any former college football player could sit there and predict the plays of the team that goes to the Super Bowl every year. But no one in the NFL can figure out how to stop it even though everyone knows what the play is and where they’re going to throw it.

Example:

On a play late in the game or fourth quarter. I think it was 3rd and 5.

THEY HAD CHIEFS SPREAD OUT..CHIEFS WERE IN COVER ONE. Gronk was split wide one on one with eric berry. Any one with a legitimate football brain..knew that was the matchup to go to in that situation. (and where the pats like to go regardless) 6'6 GRONK VS 5'11-6'0 Eric Berry. He says they would be looking for Gronk here...and what do you know?.

Other calls he got was..the pats were in 12 personell...and he states they are going to run it here. I mean its a heavy run formation.

I have gave him credit HE attacks it like he did a game as he just retired recently.Most of the color guys arent as active as him or not as knowledgable about football that much. And even the former players that are color guys are lazy.

I'm saying its being called "wizardry"..and "genius", thats for the guys who dont know football that well.

My goodness man get off your high horse. What makes Romo impressive is he's calling it on the fly while watching the game live at the stadium and explaining it in an easy to digest and exciting format for the viewer pre and post snap. You know...., exactly what color commentators are supposed to be doing. Except he's doing it at a level unseen of before in the NFL.

But I'm sure you're way better. We'll all be eagerly waiting to hear your Superbowl live stream commentary in two weeks.

I dont know if he is doing it at a level unseen. But he's doing his JOB...and compared to the other guys we are having to deal with he is standing out. I give you that. If you catch one of the post i kind of stated exactly what you stated.

We have something call a Gameday board on here...im typically in there when are games are going on calling out plays and formations based off down and distance where i see fit. It was RATHER easy with Richt's offense this year though.

Wont have much commentary on the super bowl just gonna drop a few hundred on the pats

Advertisement
He is qbing it for us. Going thru the progressions from up on the booth. Fantastic.

He is qbing it for us. Going thru the progressions from up on the booth. Fantastic.

You think Aikman would be able to do it too..but dude sounds stoned half the time.

Collingsworth is typically giving every one a blowy to much for my liking. He calls out plays by formation time to time as well

Advertisement
he is not going to take a pay check to be a coordinator, he might be cowboys next coach if he decides to leave the booth.

In the Patriots-Chiefs game, Romo was accurately predicting formations, plays, tendencies, who the ball would be thrown to, how deep, etc.

Either this guy should be an OC, or quite possibly a DC.

Uncanny. Guy is a true student of the game.

He was excellent. It clearly shows he does his own film study and doesn’t just regurgitate what everyone else says.

His analysis regarding Brady’s qb sneak vs run to the outside based on the dline is more insight than I’ve ever received from tv broadcast.

Seems like he’s cleaned up grunting which was my only complaint.

Example:

On a play late in the game or fourth quarter. I think it was 3rd and 5.

THEY HAD CHIEFS SPREAD OUT..CHIEFS WERE IN COVER ONE. Gronk was split wide one on one with eric berry. Any one with a legitimate football brain..knew that was the matchup to go to in that situation. (and where the pats like to go regardless) 6'6 GRONK VS 5'11-6'0 Eric Berry. He says they would be looking for Gronk here...and what do you know?.

Other calls he got was..the pats were in 12 personell...and he states they are going to run it here. I mean its a heavy run formation.

I have gave him credit HE attacks it like he did a game as he just retired recently.Most of the color guys arent as active as him or not as knowledgable about football that much. And even the former players that are color guys are lazy.

I'm saying its being called "wizardry"..and "genius", thats for the guys who dont know football that well.
Facts. Everything you are saying.....

Anyone who WATCHES the sport could have called out Brady going to Gronk. It doesn’t take a genius to know see Gronk matched up with a smaller safety withno help over the top. People like him because they just watch the ball and not what’s actually happening.

Now what would really impress me is if Romo started using some NFL terms or calling plays out by their names. For example, “Here you have the FB lined up as a wing or H-Back, and the flanker is in the slot. Watch out for FB West Right Slot 372 Y Stick”. We would never get that though because it would lose to many people.

Advertisement
He was excellent. It clearly shows he does his own film study and doesn’t just regurgitate what everyone else says.

His analysis regarding Brady’s qb sneak vs run to the outside based on the dline is more insight than I’ve ever received from tv broadcast.

Seems like he’s cleaned up grunting which was my only complaint.

That was a great call by him. That one i was impressed with as he obviously did his homework/Brady sneak was coming they killed it and had numbers to the right..sent a motion and boom on that 4th down.

My complaint is sometimes he is doing it a bit too much and a bit matter of factly. But other than that he improved in a year.

In the Patriots-Chiefs game, Romo was accurately predicting formations, plays, tendencies, who the ball would be thrown to, how deep, etc.

Either this guy should be an OC, or quite possibly a DC.

Uncanny. Guy is a true student of the game.
Agree, he is actually the best analyst in the game.

He called what a qb should see versus the coverage that they were showing. He definitely was spot on

Advertisement
Back