OT, but Romo should be an OC...or a DC...

Advertisement
He was uncannily accurate. I think he's comfortable up in the booth, though.

I agree, but I think he went straight from the field to the booth, so he may not have a basis for comparison (in his own life, though I'm sure he observed coaches while he was playing).

It makes me wonder if other former players have the same predictions for plays as they are watching, but they are just too afraid to be wrong if they say those things out loud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s been doing this for a couple of years now . Somebody had put together a compilation of him calling what plays would happen based on the formation and then the sht would happen just like he called it. Definitely a good *** commentator

He's great on TV, knowledgeable, brings excitement, never seems bored with the action but the calling plays is just doing his hw weekly film wise it's not like he's smarter then current or former players he's just doing the research to tell what teams like to do on certain downs and formations

Advertisement
He's the best sports commentator I've ever heard, full stop. Being a commentator is too cushy of a job for him to leave, doubt we'll see him do anything else anytime soon.

I'm doubtful that a guy who is set for life financially, has a young family, plays a **** ton of golf and has a real zest for life would want to immerse himself in the grind that comes with being an OC or HC. I could be wrong on that. The guy is a tremendous analyst. Easily one of the best I've ever seen. His knowledge and enthusiasm really shine through.

The way he diagnosed the KC defensive formation when it brings a linebacker up to the line makes me wonder why the **** the Chiefs couldn't recognize the same thing. Bring a LB up in a zone blitz? Brady is going to throw a quick slant. Only rush 3 and drop the LBs in coverage? The Pats are going to run it. Brady was recognizing the LB movement at the line and calling an audible. Romo saw it, not sure why the Chiefs couldn't figure it out. They need to disguise their blitzes better.

Advertisement
Late in the game he highlighted the two NE backs and said theyd throw to Edelman in the middle. And it happened

I was thinking I wonder if he'd get into coaching but it really feels like he just enjoys studying film and commenting in the booth. Especially as others mentioned with his hobbies and family, etc. hard to imagine he'd want to get back into the football grind again.

Advertisement
Back