OT, but Romo should be an OC...or a DC...

Watching a Troy Aikman game followed immediately by a Tony Romo game was absolutely remarkable in the contrast. Whereas Aikman gives you "You know, Joe, this 3rd down play is a very big play. The offense really wants to convert this, here." Romo gives you "What a wonderful play design. You know, New England probably hasn't run that particular play in close to a decade, but watch the way this rub route was the PERFECT combination to take advantage of the defense that Kansas City was in."

The sad thing is, Aikman has basically been one of the better NFL analysts for quite a while. He's a million times better than Simms was, for example. But, ****, you listen to a Romo game and realize just what a pile of lazy, entitled, and basically dumb crap analysts we've been forced to put up with for so many years. I really hope the trend continues in the Romo direction...
Exactly
Imagine what these guys thought when Romo came in to do his audition
Their jaws must have hit the floor! He is so far advanced with his understanding and the way he can predict EVERY play and explain it is incredible
He already is GOAT and it is not even close

Advertisement
In the Patriots-Chiefs game, Romo was accurately predicting formations, plays, tendencies, who the ball would be thrown to, how deep, etc.

Either this guy should be an OC, or quite possibly a DC.

Uncanny. Guy is a true student of the game.
Not really, anyone that has played football, especially on the pro level can look at a line up and predetermine where a play may go just on tendency and scheme

Not really, anyone that has played football, especially on the pro level can look at a line up and predetermine where a play may go just on tendency and scheme
Right which is why all these other players on Twitter were saying he’s amazing, and all the other broadcasters were agreeing. Cause ya know any ex jock could do it.... though none have

not to drop a bomb on it..but any knowledgable guy that played college ball can do what he does (diagnose plays based off of formation). I literally do the same thing every game of our or when i watch the dolphins. Its just that people are use to the normal broadcast guys that dont really know football as well.

Its heightened because he played qb. He's lowkey annoying in the booth...and saying what someone should do..quarterback wise during games is even more ironic when its coming from him.

Witten is terrible, Romo is a bit better than him. He may be a GAWWW compared to Phil Simms and Collingsworth...but i like Tirico, the Jones guy espn has...and Orlovsky is a gawwwwd.

Also the guy fox has that does ice cube 3 on 3 and calls pac 10 games is a BEAST. Romo is great for the casual fan that may not understand the basic stuff and he does a good job in explaining that in a way play by play. I give him that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot_20190121-115435_Chrome.jpg

not to drop a bomb on it..but any knowledgable guy that played college ball can do what he does (diagnose plays based off of formation). I literally do the same thing every game of our or when i watch the dolphins. Its just that people are use to the normal broadcast guys that dont really know football as well.

Please. What Romo was doing was unprecedented. There's a reason why everyone is talking about it today. No one here, including you, has shown the ability to look at a formation and call the exact routes and the exact results BEFORE they happen.

So y’all saying Romo needs to be the color commentary for madden now...nah u don’t need that ***** calling out my plays b4 the ball is snapped

Chit...give him Bob Sutton's job. That ***king clown had to defend one route on 3rd and 10 3 different times on the most important drive and was treating it like he was trying to comprehend astrophysics

/literal depiction of ole Bobby trying to understand the complexity of the slant route
tenor (17).gif

Advertisement
Please. What Romo was doing was unprecedented. There's a reason why everyone is talking about it today. No one here, including you, has shown the ability to look at a formation and call the exact routes and the exact results BEFORE they happen.

I do it EVERY GAME. I COACH FOOTBALL...AND PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL....IT'S NOT THAT HARD. ITS EVEN EASIER...WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO THE COACHES OR WALK THROUGH THEIR PRACTICES TO SEE THEIR GAME PLAN

@Coach Macho They think its GENIUS picking out plays and formations lol.

How much of yall really associate with people that know football, im not talking Madden guys or get back coaches?

He's a bright guy...but people get really carried away like dude just invented football or something. It aint that deep..Lil Richt could predict that sh*t lmao

Exactly ..... it was almost like Jack Ramsey calling basketball games..

I do it EVERY GAME. I COACH FOOTBALL...AND PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL....IT'S NOT THAT HARD. ITS EVEN EASIER...WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO THE COACHES OR WALK THROUGH THEIR PRACTICES TO SEE THEIR GAME PLAN

How much of yall really associate with people that know football, im not talking Madden guys or get back coaches?

He's a bright guy...but people get really carried away like dude just invented football or something. It aint that deep..Lil Richt could predict that sh*t lmao

Typical Miami fan board stuff. No one is surprised.

What's funny is that you say anyone who played college football can do it, but somehow the Kansas City Chiefs couldn't figure it all out.

Typical Miami fan board stuff. No one is surprised.

What's funny is that you say anyone who played college football can do it, but somehow the Kansas City Chiefs couldn't figure it all out.

Figuring out and EXECUTING are 2 different things. The Chiefs defense has been some sh*t for the last few years. Dnofrio would be an upgrade for them.

But Romo da gawwwd everybody...he has super human powers that no one has ever seen. Except couldnt actually do it himself when he lined it up lol

Advertisement
You know what I don’t get. Jon gruden was a great commentator and he knows offense but how come his raiders were so bad? Commentary and actually coaching isn’t the same.

Why are former players impressed then?

The only surprising thing at this point is that no network exec came up with the brilliant idea of having Mark Richt on set to breakdown the two national championship offenses. He might have said timeless nuggets like "You see now, Joe, this is third down here, and if I was coaching this game, as the playcaller, everyone would expect me to call in a play for the offense to run, so that's what I would do, I'd call in a play to run because that's how football works, someone calls a play, and then the players try to make something happen, and then on the next down, you punt."

Advertisement
You know what I don’t get. Jon gruden was a great commentator and he knows offense but how come his raiders were so bad? Commentary and actually coaching isn’t the same.

Because they don't move to Vegas for another year or two and they are tanking to compile draft picks and remake their team with young players.

There's a reason they gave Gruden a ten year guaranteed contract.

Now, I'm not saying he will succeed in the end. But his mandate when hired was absolutely, unequivocally, 100% NOT to win right away.

Because they don't move to Vegas for another year or two and they are tanking to compile draft picks and remake their team with young players.

There's a reason they gave Gruden a ten year guaranteed contract.

Now, I'm not saying he will succeed in the end. But his mandate when hired was absolutely, unequivocally, 100% NOT to win right away.
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in awhile. “Don’t win yet” wtf that’s not how you get to the top. WRONG

Exactly
Imagine what these guys thought when Romo came in to do his audition
Their jaws must have hit the floor! He is so far advanced with his understanding and the way he can predict EVERY play and explain it is incredible
He already is GOAT and it is not even close

I won't go so far as GOAT, not that I've put much thought into it, but "All Time" is a long time. He is definitely the best BY FAR that we have today and in recent memory. Honestly, not a lot of analysts stand out. I actually enjoyed Madden quite a bit, but he was more of a schtick than anything. As far as ply-by-play, my GOAT is Keith Jackson, but there are a couple others who belong on Mt. Rushmore. I really can't think of many really good analysts off the top of my head.

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in awhile. “Don’t win yet” wtf that’s not how you get to the top. WRONG

OK. Tell that to the Philadelphia 76'ers, Golden State Warriors, LA Rams, etc, etc, etc...

Are you even serious, RN? Like "tanking" is a thing, bro. You can't tell me you haven't heard of it. Or is this just tough guy schtick?

You really think they traded away Khalil Mack because they wanted to win the Super Bowl this year?

I just can't even....

Advertisement
Back