OT: Billy Corben on The Joe Rogan podcast

Advertisement

I don't really wanna derail any Cohen talk here but Rogan's relationship with Alex Jones alone. The whole Sandy Hook deal by itself should've stopped Rogan from ever giving him a platform. But Rogan continually does and even went on Jones' show the same day a Sandy Hook parent (and one that was suing Jones for saying he was part of a hoax) killed himself.

Last edited:
Hard pass on Cohen.

That said, Rogan is a fairly interesting guy but I also think he gets away with essentially mainstreaming some crazy **** under the guise of just putting information out there and letting his listeners form their own opinions.

I like some of Rogan’s guests. But he goes far on too long with some.

I was surprised to see Corben on the show.

Advertisement
I don't really wanna derail any Cohen talk here but Rogan's relationship with Alex Jones alone. The whole Sandy Hook deal by itself should've stopped Rogan from ever giving him a platform. But Rogan continually does and even went on Jones' show the same day a Sandy Hook parent (and one that was suing Jones for saying he was part of a hoax ) killed himself.

Agree.

I like some of Rogan’s guests. But he goes far on too long with some.

I was surprised to see Corben on the show.

He's funny and the podcast is definitely entertaining and often interesting but I still take issue with him seemingly never having ANY lines as far as to whom he'll share his huge platform with.

Definitely surprised to see Cohen on there too. I really didn't think anyone cared any longer or will care about the steroid era in baseball- even with him trying to use A-Rod as the flashy name to draw eyes (along with the typical Miami appeal & I'm sure with UM Baseball being thrown under the bus too).

He's funny and the podcast is definitely entertaining and often interesting but I still take issue with him seemingly never having ANY lines as far as to whom he'll share his huge platform with.

Definitely surprised to see Cohen on there too. I really didn't think anyone cared any longer or will care about the steroid era in baseball- even with him trying to use A-Rod as the flashy name to draw eyes (along with the typical Miami appeal & I'm sure with UM Baseball being thrown under the bus too).

Jones was only on twice, as far as I know. I turned the recent episode off after 15 minutes.

Other than Jones, who are you referring to? Seems half of his guests are fellow comedians, podcasters, and MMA fighters.

Advertisement
Jones was only on twice, as far as I know. I turned the recent episode off after 15 minutes.

Other than Jones, who are you referring to? Seems half of his guests are fellow comedians, podcasters, and MMA fighters.

He's had on a lot of "divisive" types on the right like Milo...he also had the guy that started the Proud Boys on a few times. He's had some weird leftists on, too.

He's had on a lot of "divisive" types on the right like Milo...he also had the guy that started the Proud Boys on a few times. He's had some weird leftists on, too.

Yes, but I think this makes the show entertaining. And, he lets them talk.

My biggest issue he goes on too long, 3 hours plus sometimes. Corben was too boring and barely made past 2 hours.

He's had Gavin McInnes and Milo Yiannopoulos on didn't push back on any of their bullsh!t. I know he's had far left wack jobs/opportunists on too but I find that although he doesn't wholeheartedly embrace the alt-right that he tends to routinely share the disdain for a lot of the same things that they're always ranting about too.

You're right though in that these aren't the majority of his guests. His podcasts with fellow comedians are usually especially good.

Advertisement
Say what you want about Rogan, he does get some interesting guests on his podcast. I’ve just started listening to his show recently and have found it entertaining. But Alex Jones is one whack job for sure.

Advertisement
I don't really wanna derail any Cohen talk here but Rogan's relationship with Alex Jones alone. The whole Sandy Hook deal by itself should've stopped Rogan from ever giving him a platform. But Rogan continually does and even went on Jones' show the same day a Sandy Hook parent (and one that was suing Jones for saying he was part of a hoax ) killed himself.

Alex Jones was right about the Russian conclusion. CNN/MSNBC was not.

The Sandy Hook stuff is far blown out of proportion about what he said. Much like the Russian stuff with President Trump.

So having someone on for 4 hours and allowing them to explain themselves is a bad thing?

Seems legit.

Advertisement
Back