OT: Best Celebrity Canes Fan?

In my opinion...(and I'm close friends with Jim Morris) is...The minute Turtle Thomas left.....our recruiting and hitting % went into the toilet....the proverbial Beginning of the end....
I don't disagree. He was definitely the man behind the curtain if you will. I don't know Morris, but I think new wifey sapped his dedication somewhat. Whatever, like Mark, his energy waned considerably imo.

Advertisement
I don't disagree. He was definitely the man behind the curtain if you will. I don't know Morris, but I think new wifey sapped his dedication somewhat. Whatever, like Mark, his energy waned considerably imo.
It did...and I hear the Wifey thing often....Either way...Jim owes nobody a F-ing thing....Did he make mistakes??...Sure....So did Fraser...Schnelly...JJ...etc....I'll still roll with 2 NCs...and one pitch from 3....

I was in Omaha in 99 for 4 days...One of the Best times.....When Kevin Brown hit the 2 run double...5 FSU fans wanted to kill me...Lol....they were already ****ed at my antics from KBs HR earlier....

It did...and I hear the Wifey thing often....Either way...Jim owes nobody a F-ing thing....Did he make mistakes??...Sure....So did Fraser...Schnelly...JJ...etc....I'll still roll with 2 NCs...and one pitch from 3....
That one pitch....every time I see Alex, like last night when we whupped em again, I think of that smh.

Getting back on topic, doesn't seem like Alex has done much giving back to U, I know he has been helping PR though. Would be great to have him get more involved someway.

Advertisement
That one pitch....every time I see Alex, like last night when we whupped em again, I think of that smh.

Getting back on topic, doesn't seem like Alex has done much giving back to U, I know he has been helping PR though. Would be great to have him get more involved someway.
Loved those guys....Cora Bros...Pat...Jason...etc...fun kids...Good times....

Turtle and Jim really never saw eye to eye...Turtle thought he was deserving of the HC position after Frasers retirement...There's more...but I'll refrain....

Turtle and Jim really never saw eye to eye...Turtle thought he was deserving of the HC position after Frasers retirement...There's more...but I'll refrain....
I get you, but his juice didn't transfer very well to Fiu. That Cali/Sacramento connect was his deal and that's a long supply line anywhich way you cut it.

I am going to stir up some **** with this, the program started going downhill when Skip told Wiz to f off. My Uncle would rant about that everytime. When he hired Miami royalty in Paulie M., he really blew a fuse. Even though he's RIP, I laugh with him everyday and CIS reminds me more of him than anything I've found! He never went to college and loved his "hometown" U more than anything, including my Aunt lol.

I get you, but his juice didn't transfer very well to Fiu. That Cali/Sacramento connect was his deal and that's a long supply line anywhich way you cut it.

I am going to stir up some **** with this, the program started going downhill when Skip told Wiz to f off. My Uncle would rant about that everytime. When he hired Miami royalty in Paulie M., he really blew a fuse. Even though he's RIP, I laugh with him everyday and CIS reminds me more of him than anything I've found! He never went to college and loved his "hometown" U more than anything, including my Aunt lol.
I'm friends with Coach Frasers Daughter...speak to her often...

Advertisement
UM FB will always be #1 for the fact of a family member coaching there....That being said...UM Baseball isn't far behind...I always idolized Coach Fraser growing up.
No better Baseball Man, maybe equal, not better.

When you watch the WBC and see the Netherlands stroking it, you swell with Pride knowing that's The Wizard at work. No better testament to his Quality and Grit.

When you watch the WBC and see the Netherlands stroking it, you swell with Pride knowing that's The Wizard at work. No better testament to his Quality and Grit.
Loved him....And Jim has been amazingly gracious to myself & family throughout the yrs....nothing but a pleasure to know him.

Advertisement

If you met Coach Frasers Daughter (one in particular)...you'd see the Apple didn't fall far from the tree...as Beautiful inside...as she looks outside.

Advertisement
The Rock, he donated a Million Dollars at that fiasco of a game to send off the legendary Orange Bowl that Corch Shannon got torched 48-0. We're lucky he ever showed up again after that embarrassment. Virginia's TEs are still running wide open.

Dewey donated a million and Dany donated a million.

Who are the 2 dudes on the right?

As for ARod, I remember meeting him for the first time when he was a JR in HS. One of my best buddies in HS pitched against him and knew him and if we were out in the grove, he'd always come by and say hi (we were all the same age). He was the man back then but always made it a point to be gracious and friendly. Looking back, it now seems to be that it was a bit much - too polished, eager to please, etc. It's a shame b/c one of my cousins was really good friends with him at WCHS from 9th grade and said there was a change over time. Too much too soon. Anyway, I'm still a fan of the guy.
I know a few people who played with him SWBC, WCS and TX, NYY. The common statement is psychologically "soft"=not comfortable in his own skin. To compensate, becomes the "fake persona" most people know is the best way I can put it w/o getting too deep in the weeds. I think he is finally starting to chill a bit, a star of Jlo's stature can do that. I want him to find peace as well.

Advertisement
Back