OT: Best Celebrity Canes Fan?

Advertisement
F- A-Rod....biggest Douchebag ever....and I'm a Yankee fan.....Ive met both....Rock was nothing but class...The Rock played for the U....A-Rod didn't....
I have actually met A-Rod 2 times and expected him to be a jerk. Was the opposite and even talked with my sons. Oh and Yeah....Huge Yankees fan.... I am from the Bronx.
Got mad love for him as he is a big time Cane and backed it up by giving millions to the program.

I have actually met A-Rod 2 times and expected him to be a jerk. Was the opposite and even talked with my sons. Oh and Yeah....Huge Yankees fan.... I am from the Bronx.
Got mad love for him as he is a big time Cane and backed it up by giving millions to the program.
I'm from NY as well (born in Brooklyn)....
Not only was A-Rod a Douche...but was a Douche in front of several UM FB players and Gino Dimare (2006)....was such a Douche...that several UM FB players were left shaking their heads at his Douchebaggery.....thats as far as I'll go on the subject....

I'm from NY as well (born in Brooklyn)....
Not only was A-Rod a Douche...but was a Douche in front of several UM FB players and Gino Dimare (2006)....was such a Douche...that several UM FB players were left shaking their heads at his Douchebaggery.....thats as far as I'll go on the subject....
Must have been "cycling". Now that he isn't hiding it anymore (probably still getting a little pop for JLo purposes) he appears to be more relaxed.

I have heard legit stories on both sides of the line. The one that sticks with me is how he turned back on JD and Fam when made it Big. For those who may not know, it was JD's Dad that basically raised him as one of his own while he played at SWBC/WCS. El Gallo Rodríguez was also very influential as well.

Long story short, Arod does have a real history of "jerk" actions but he also has done a lot for U, SWBC, WCS and CCHS (donated Ping-Pong table to Bro Herb). He also has been a great mentor to Braun, Yonder, Cano, Melky and anyone else who wanted to learn/work.

I believe people can change and hopefully he has.

Having said that, if JD not Ok with him than fuuck Arod. Hope he's manned up though to be honest.

BTW, I'm from Flushing yet ALWAYS YANKS 1st!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Must have been "cycling". Now that he isn't hiding it anymore (probably still getting a little pop for JLo purposes) he appears to be more relaxed.

I have heard legit stories on both sides of the line. The one that sticks with me is how he turned back on JD and Fam when made it Big. For those who may not know, it was JD's Dad that basically raised him as one of his own while he played at SWBC/WCS. El Gallo Rodríguez was also very influential as well.

Long story short, Arod does have a real history of "jerk" actions but he also has done a lot for U, SWBC, WCS and CCHS (donated Ping-Pong table to Bro Herb). He also has been a great mentor to Braun, Yonder, Cano, Melky and anyone else who wanted to learn/work.

Having said that, if JD not Ok with him than fuuck Arod. Hope he's manned up though to be honest.

I lived in Bel Harbour as a kid....sister lives in Rego Park...

I get where your coming from...Look...Pat Burrell should be recipient of the 1990s Douchebag of the Universe at UM for Student Athletes Award....but Loved hanging and kicking it with him.....

Advertisement
I get where your coming from...Look...Pat Burrell should be recipient of the 1990s Douchebag of the Universe at UM for Student Athletes Award....but Loved hanging and kicking it with him.....
Never in all my yrs have I EVER seen ANY athlete in ANY sport (College or Pro) have Soooo many Fine F-ing women than Pat.....Nobody....I'm talking Fire....LoL....

I left NY in 73 and moved to Ft Myers Fl...Aunt and Grandmother lived in Kendall, hence any Miami connection...lived and Chefed in Miami in 85 and 86...
Last time in City 2001 lol. Watched Barry at the Stadium and Tiger at Bethpage. Much prefer Fl/Cali nowadays myself.

Edit: s/b 2002 getting old a bytch

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was "The Bat" for a reason lmao.
Lol.....Talk about 3 Characters....smh.. all 3 were certified Bad Azzes...

I'll never..ever forget Pats HR in the regionals coming off an injury....EASY 500'....and Michaels 2 Run Blast in extras against ASU in the Supers.....
You know, when you think Jason Michaels, Aubrey Huff and the Bat, maybe that Jagr dude has a point, we aren't stacked like that anymore. But me thinks the worm is turning there just like in football. I mean it's about time with the U's natural bounty. All you need is a capable Capt steer steady and straight. Down here you don't have to make it complicated.

Advertisement
You know, when you think Jason Michaels, Aubrey Huff and the Bat, maybe that Jagr dude has a point, we aren't stacked like that anymore. But me thinks the worm is turning there just like in football. I mean it's about time with the U's natural bounty. All you need is a capable Capt steer steady and straight. Down here you don't have to make it complicated.
In my opinion...(and I'm close friends with Jim Morris) is...The minute Turtle Thomas left.....our recruiting and hitting % went into the toilet....the proverbial Beginning of the end....

Lol.....Talk about 3 Characters....smh.. all 3 were certified Bad Azzes...View attachment 83715

Who are the 2 dudes on the right?

As for ARod, I remember meeting him for the first time when he was a JR in HS. One of my best buddies in HS pitched against him and knew him and if we were out in the grove, he'd always come by and say hi (we were all the same age). He was the man back then but always made it a point to be gracious and friendly. Looking back, it now seems to be that it was a bit much - too polished, eager to please, etc. It's a shame b/c one of my cousins was really good friends with him at WCHS from 9th grade and said there was a change over time. Too much too soon. Anyway, I'm still a fan of the guy.

Who are the 2 dudes on the right?

As for ARod, I remember meeting him for the first time when he was a JR in HS. One of my best buddies in HS pitched against him and knew him and if we were out in the grove, he'd always come by and say hi (we were all the same age). He was the man back then but always made it a point to be gracious and friendly. Looking back, it now seems to be that it was a bit much - too polished, eager to please, etc. It's a shame b/c one of my cousins was really good friends with him at WCHS from 9th grade and said there was a change over time. Too much too soon. Anyway, I'm still a fan of the guy.
Left too right...Pat...Bobby Hill and Jason Michaels...

Advertisement
Back