OT: Anyone seen what's happening at Oklahoma?

SAEs suck, and they seem to be the same everywhere IMO.

I'm personally in SAE at a college in New York and it ****es me off when people all generalize us together. We are a national fraternity but we each are different in our own way. My fraternity would never ever do something like this...we have African American brothers and are **** proud of them. So HMD

Advertisement
Meh, overreaction at it's finest. Was is dumb, probably, is it worth expulsion.....not in my opinion

Who gives a rats ***. The president of the U.S. is a racist, along with some in his cabinet and advisors. Nobody on the black side of the aisle seem to care. Another "who gives a sht" story filled with fake outrage.

I don't know of many recruits we have lost to OU, but it's still worth noting how ugly that situation is man. We know it happens at Bama, and most likely at other Southern schools, but this is absurd in the year 2015.

Racism and racists exist from sea to shining sea, it has nothing to do with geography. Also, plenty of people who live in and love the South, who aren't racist, so don't generalize.

I said Southern, because a lot of those schools are known for having confederate flags at tailgates and other visible areas, more so than in the North. I understand that racism is alive and well everywhere. I didn't mean to generalize though. You just hear more stories about incidents like this occurring in the South than you do in the North. That doesn't mean they aren't happening in the North as much as they are in the South Though, and I understand that.

apparently you have not been to Boston..............

I'm personally in SAE at a college in New York and it ****es me off when people all generalize us together. We are a national fraternity but we each are different in our own way. My fraternity would never ever do something like this...we have African American brothers and are **** proud of them. So HMD

Are they from Africa???? If not, quit gereralizing groups of people

You racist??

Advertisement
I don't know of many recruits we have lost to OU, but it's still worth noting how ugly that situation is man. We know it happens at Bama, and most likely at other Southern schools, but this is absurd in the year 2015.

Racism and racists exist from sea to shining sea, it has nothing to do with geography. Also, plenty of people who live in and love the South, who aren't racist, so don't generalize.

I said Southern, because a lot of those schools are known for having confederate flags at tailgates and other visible areas, more so than in the North. I understand that racism is alive and well everywhere. I didn't mean to generalize though. You just hear more stories about incidents like this occurring in the South than you do in the North. That doesn't mean they aren't happening in the North as much as they are in the South Though, and I understand that.

apparently you have not been to Boston..............

I have not

Meh, overreaction at it's finest. Was is dumb, probably, is it worth expulsion.....not in my opinion

Overreaction? Singing a song that has an explicit line about people hanging themselves because of their race is absolutely disgusting. It's not some small offense man. Can't agree with you on that.

You racist??

Would you rather me say "black"...stop being an a**, I was trying to be politically correct

Anyone generalizing about geography must not remember some of the post 9/11 incidents at UM that led to at least one fraternity suspension. I have lived in the South, the Deep South, Miami, NYC, and the Midwest. NYC is easily one of the most racist places I have been. Additionally, if you think this is bad, trying going to northern Europe.

Advertisement

You racist??

Would you rather me say "black"...stop being an a**, I was trying to be politically correct

So you were gereralizing? Glass houses

Overreaction? Singing a song that has an explicit line about people hanging themselves because of their race is absolutely disgusting. It's not some small offense man. Can't agree with you on that.

Lmao at some words someone said being a huge offense. Y'all act like these dudes actually hung someone. Said it earlier, was is stupid, sure, some major issue :11263308176_542fcfb

Lmao at some words someone said being a huge offense. Y'all act like these dudes actually hung someone. Said it earlier, was is stupid, sure, some major issue :11263308176_542fcfb

At the very least, it's a HUGE public relations black eye for the U of Oklahoma and for the state itself. Right now folks across the nation are saying "Well, that's Oklahoma for you...a bunch of racist hillbillies." if you subscribe to the idea that a university is ultimately a business and must be run like a business, then the U. of Oklahoma has to do whatever it takes to distance itself from that PR hit. If it means expelling those dumbasses, so be it.

I don't see what the big deal is. So they (SAE) don't like black people. What's the problem?

They are entitled to their own opinions and thoughts.

As long as it is Non-Violent and harmless, Do What The ***** You Want To Do!

If are forced to tolerate Ph*ggots, then we can tolerate Racists too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
other SAE chapters had less than nothing to do with this.

this is like blaming an American Muslim for the actions of ISIS

Advertisement

I had friends at UM who were in SAE, and it's actually a pretty diverse chapter.

It has everything to do with where the school is located.

The SAE at Oklahoma or Alabama isn't going to be the same as the SAE in Southern California or in Miami.

Anyone generalizing about geography must not remember some of the post 9/11 incidents at UM that led to at least one fraternity suspension. I have lived in the South, the Deep South, Miami, NYC, and the Midwest. NYC is easily one of the most racist places I have been. Additionally, if you think this is bad, trying going to northern Europe.

Doesn't NYC public schools drop 67 % of their blacks out of H.S.; easily on par with the very worst graduation rates in the entire country while adding more over all losers to the US deficit in sheer numbers at tax payers expenses. Yet they keep talking the south, while the blacks on the margin in NYC have not much of role models around them to model them out.

These New Yorker drop outs become overpopulated losers free lancing to other states after becoming grown *** adults with an eight grade literacy; just like that loser who shot up his black gf in MD, 2 other minority officers, and then his loser self.

If this happened to be an all black fraternity & the shoe was on the other foot, would there be this much outrage?

:::stirspot:::

Advertisement
Back