OT: 75th Anniversary of D-Day

Advertisement
Quick question(s)...

Was it the good old days (and still are) that female gential mutilation is a norm in some areas? How about children soldiers throughout the African continent? Let's bring a dismembered Tutsi and the machete wielding Hutu who raped his wife and daughter, burned the village, and then hacked of his hands in Rwanda (the 1990s btw).

You mean those "noble and oppressed people"? Yeah they are a bunch of gems they are.

Or now the reports that MLK...a great man who did great things, was quick with the hand when it came to his 30+ mistresses. You mean those good old days where the downtrodden rose up righteously and free of sin? Better call Linda Sarsour (Hamas/Hezbollah cheerleader) and every half-wit hollywood actor/actress to start demanding all Dr King references are stricken from the record because he wasn't all #metoo now was he? While we are at it, let's invite our Sunni and Shia brothers (remember the ladies don't count) over for tea snd crumpets...such laughs to be had at the party as we tut tut with our superiority and wokeness over all who came before.

If only everyone's closets were so clean.

And don't get me started on how the "native americans" had their land taken (Maya/Aztecs too) by blood thirsty Europeans. I guess when Euro trash showed up on the shores, the natives were too busy enslaving one another, taking defeated tribe's women by force and rape, and human sacrifice of the vanguished to notice Vasco de Gama brought some boys to start running the place.

Oh yes, how terrible and monstrous the winning societies have been.

The level of the woke (or is it pathetic joke) generation's very reflective and so very selective self-hate (often not looking in the mirror of their own "ancestors") is truly remarkable and only matched by how uninformed it truly is.

Too bad. It's gong right over their heads.

They let their "schooling" block their education.

Don't disagree. Deeply flawed individuals in one aspect and do great things in another--all why helping and hurting the same people along the way.

The pace of change and equality (as if thats needs to be a thing--shameful) was far too slow.

As was the development of food processing, automobile advancements, commercial aircraft development, medicine discoveries, appliance developments, distribution in rural areas of electricity - the list goes on.

S*** doesn't always develop and mature in an instant - some things just take a few decades to see a noticeable difference. All human endeavors are a process - sometimes rapid, sometimes slow - so if anyone thinks things should change overnight - they're going to be disappointed and bitter the rest of their days.

On really hot days, it's just not fair to me - I wish the earth would spin faster - but it's not going to happen - so what am I supposed to do? Hate physics? Curse the Sun?

If one wants change - tough luck. If one wants to begin to cause change - well, that's something you can do - but if you think you're going to alter the world overnight - one is then delusional.

Things changed drastically after WWII. Things changed drastically after every war. We only developed the concept of triage during Vietnam - why not in the Civil War? After all, it's such a simple concept!

Hindsight is so much better - so much easier - and lends tons of material for complaints on the past. Now we can look back and ***** and moan all day, every day, and never run out of material to blow crap out our asses incessantly. Misery loves more misery. So, roll in it - embrace it - expound on it, amplify it -

But at the end of the day - nothing in the present alters the past - nothing today can reverse - the past.

Advertisement
I...f one wants change - tough luck. If one wants to begin to cause change - well, that's something you can do - but if you think you're going to alter the world overnight - one is then delusional...
but..but...but....i posted a sick burn on my twitter/instagram...i really showed em!

look..look...all other retards are liking my post...i have value..Im changing the world with my "voice"

im savage AF and they cant handle it.

now let me curate my authentic life pics to share my selfie from the grocery store.

Generation Joke.

Just wanted to take a moment to recognize and observe the sacrifice our grandfathers, grandmothers, brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, neighbors and friends made this day 75 years ago on the beaches across Normandy, France.

Sacrifice is the word that always comes to mind when I think of this day.

I think its important to remember our shared history - the good, the bad and the heroic.

Thank you to the Greatest Generation.

Thanks for posting! They were forced to grow up at such a young age. I just watched a documentary on kids in the UK (as young as 15) who lied about their age in order to defend their country. No time for I, me or my. Just imagine the unbelievable challenges people in that era faced:
  • WW1
  • Great Depression
  • WW2
  • Korea
For fun they also mixed in little things at home like building the Hoover Dam and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Kids today can't understand real sacrifice the way kids from that era did. Instead they often invent a crisis to give themselves a cause/purpose.

I am of the silent or traditionalist generation (1938). Of my high school class of 1956, we only lost one young man to war (Viet Nam) as he was a career air force pilot. We were too young for Korea and basically too old for Nam. The graduation class 3 years behind us lost 18 in Nam.

My dad was drafted in the Navy at age 36, grossly overweight (which was lost in boot camp) and knock kneed to the point that it created problems walking. He was very skilled with guns of all types (he was formerly an asst. captain of the guards at Raiford State Prison); thus was initially used in training of firearms. Then toward the end of the war was sent to NYC to drive dignataries from the airport to the United Nations. He had wanted to be sent into the war zones to fight as he felt that was his duty to protect his country. At the end of the war when he returned home (Jacksonville, FL), he was assigned to Shore Patrol. My Mom worked at Camp Blanding during the war and they held a lot of German prisoners there. I was only around 6, but remember the prisoners were so young. Also remember going with my Dad when I was around 7 down to the river where the ships were coming in bringing the soldiers back from overseas and many of the families were there to greet them. That was a sight that has been forever pressed in my memory.

I doubt that many of you remember black-outs, coupons and war bond books. Very few had cars as you couldn't get tires. Many foods were rationed. You couldn't even get bubble gum. People pulled together, helped each other and were grateful for what we had. Guess that is why it upsets me in today's time of so many people complaining about such small, insignificant things and putting others down who do not agree with them. Having travelled the world extensively, there is still no place better than the United States of America!

Advertisement
If it wasn't for the service and sacrifice of all the people who fought to defeat The Third Reich things would have been very different on planet earth.
The ***** deeply hated all sorts of races and we saw how they acted out their distain. If Hitler would have had just a little more time the world we know of today would not exist. Thank God for the Great Generation for their service... we should not underestimate it. All humans were not and are not perfect but America has made great strides to be fair to everyone.

YOU GUYS GO AHEAD .

Attachments

• YOU GUYS GO A HEAD.png
    YOU GUYS GO A HEAD.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Advertisement
Would like to join everyone in thanking the greatest generation for defeating the *****. Without those Soviets Hitler would've won and the world would be different today.

Would like to join everyone in thanking the greatest generation for defeating the *****. Without those Soviets Hitler would've won and the world would be different today.
You can straight up GTFO with that revisionist history bull****. Stalin was more than happy to work with Hitler carving up Europe and signed a non-aggression pact. Then on June 22, 1941 Hitler attacked the Soviet Union. The Soviets would have fallen because they were broke. Without Lend-Lease the Soviets would've been wiped out long before D-Day. Crack open a real history book before you try to sell stupidity.

You can straight up GTFO with that revisionist history bull****. Stalin was more than happy to work with Hitler carving up Europe and signed a non-aggression pact. Then on June 22, 1941 Hitler attacked the Soviet Union. The Soviets would have fallen because they were broke. Without Lend-Lease the Soviets would've been wiped out long before D-Day. Crack open a real history book before you try to sell stupidity.

LOL the irony

Advertisement
Remember that picture you posted of your brother in Nam with a team of Seals? I ran into my friend today. He is retired and he didn’t get the picture I sent to his old email. I sent it to his new email address and the tall guy standing next to your brother IS my friend. He was floored. Now his kids will have a picture of their father in Vietnam! This means so much to him.
Unbelievable... Glad I could help.

Both of my Grandfathers served in WWII. One as a waist gunner in Europe who was ultimately shot down. He and his crew survived and were not captured. The other was a medic in the pacific. They never would talk about it which is understandable. I know it haunted my grandfather who was the medic for the rest of his life.

Definitely a great generation of Americans!

Advertisement
Back