OT - 49ers vs. Lions - NFC Championship

Actually, isn't it Santa Clara?

For that matter, no team has played in NY in 40 years. It's the Miami Dolphins not the Miami Gardens Dolphins. Both LA teams play in Inglewood. Unless city land becomes cheaper than the suburbs, you'll see more and more of it.
It should be the West Broward or Sunrise Panthers while we’re at it.

Advertisement
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

@TRick72
Keep Going Its Friday GIF by HBO Max

I mean that's why I was mostly rooting for the Lions this year. But that was more cause I couldn't stand McDaniels and think Mark Davis is a dumbass.
But also there is a difference between like the Raiders and As. Most Bay Area people feel like Davis tried to actually stay in Oakland and it just couldn't work out - a lot of it having to do with him just not being one of the richer owners, and the city being a pile of **** that wouldn't pay for 8 games a year... whereas the As wanted to get out.
That A's owner seems like a real POS from what I've read about him. It's a shame because I rooted for them prior to the Marlins becoming a team. The '70's and late '80's/early '90's A's were no joke.

What??!

No. I gave my scenario by missing one of the two 4th downs meaning they went for the FG on the last one.

Missing the two 4th downs is what you saw tonight. An onside kick attempt (lower probability) than being tied with 6 minutes and 4 timeouts
Going for the FG on the last one is the one that made more sense to go for it on 4th though, that's literally my entire point.

Surprised by the line. KC beat Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson (who beat the Niners handily a month ago in SF) on the road while Niners eked out home wins against the 2 NFC North upstarts, but Vegas usually knows their stuff.

We'll see what direction the line moves. Minus two is not much of an initial advantage.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yall ***** about how conservative shanahan is, but then ***** about Campbell going for it. In really all yall only sit here and judge the result and **** on the decision based on that, its bs imo.

You’re using season long stats to justify a decision or two made in one game. They are not the same. The swing in one game could be make or break. There’s no game next week to swing it back in your favor, when you get another chance to go for it.

It’s the playoffs. Points are what matters. Idc if it’s 4th and inches, when you have a chance to go up 3 scores in the 2nd half, you ALWAYS kick the FG. When you’re down 3 in the 4th and you’re not inside the 1 or 2 yard line, you always tie the game up.

Let me run a scenario by you. It’s the US Open and you’re on 18 at Pebble walking to your tee ball that’s in the middle of the fairway. It’s the final round and you’re up 1 shot. You’re looking at 260 to the green, and you’ve reached in 2 all 3 days prior. Are you gonna reach for your 3 wood and swing for it? Or are you gonna layup and give yourself an easy gap wedge in and guarantee you’re putting for birdie? I mean why not swing for it? You’ve done it all week right? Or is this time different?

So the Florida Panthers. Which do you prefer…

West Broward Panthers
Sunrise Panthers
Sawgrass Panthers

???

If memory serves, the original owners of the Marlins did NOT want to be called the Miami Marlins. He insisted on them being the Florida Marlins so he could move them without changing names.

I think this is more common than most realize. The most annoying to me was the California Angels changing their name to the Los Angeles Angels even though LA is like 35 miles away and already had an iconic baseball team (Dodgers).

The city of San Francisco actually threatened to sue the York family if they built a stadium outside of The City. They wanted to force the 49ers to have to give up the name "San Francisco." The case went away before being filed. I have no idea if the York's paid the vig or came to some other agreement. I thought they should have changed to the Bay Area Forty Niners. The logo being "SF" might have had something to do with it.

You’re using season long stats to justify a decision or two made in one game. They are not the same. The swing in one game could be make or break. There’s no game next week to swing it back in your favor, when you get another chance to go for it.

It’s the playoffs. Points are what matters. Idc if it’s 4th and inches, when you have a chance to go up 3 scores in the 2nd half, you ALWAYS kick the FG. When you’re down 3 in the 4th and you’re not inside the 1 or 2 yard line, you always tie the game up.

Let me run a scenario by you. It’s the US Open and you’re on 18 at Pebble walking to your tee ball that’s in the middle of the fairway. It’s the final round and you’re up 1 shot. You’re looking at 260 to the green, and you’ve reached in 2 all 3 days prior. Are you gonna reach for your 3 wood and swing for it? Or are you gonna layup and give yourself an easy gap wedge in and guarantee you’re putting for birdie? I mean why not swing for it? You’ve done it all week right? Or is this time different?
So you're solution is to change everything about what got you to that point lol. The decisions he's made led this team to this point. They have increased his win probability. And he makes those decisions knowing his kciker misses 25% of his kicks over 40, and that his defense wasn't going to stop ****. He put it on his offense to win it. That's the actual decision he was making. Do I want to ride with my kicker and defense or my Elite offense. He went with riding what got him there. It's football, They didn't execute. Simple as that. They didn't lose BECAUSE OF the decision though.

All season long he was making those same decisions. They were good decisions. Statistically it led to MORE points. Sometimes you fail, and you hurt your odds. more often they succeeded and it significantly helped their odds. That could have been the story today.

You’re assuming he knows golf.

Does he know golf?

Advertisement
If memory serves, the original owners of the Marlins did NOT want to be called the Miami Marlins. He insisted on them being the Florida Marlins so he could move them without changing names.

I think this is more common than most realize. The most annoying to me was the California Angels changing their name to the Los Angeles Angels even though LA is like 35 miles away and already had an iconic baseball team (Dodgers).

The city of San Francisco actually threatened to sue the York family if they built a stadium outside of The City. They wanted to force the 49ers to have to give up the name "San Francisco." The case went away before being filed. I have no idea if the York's paid the vig or came to some other agreement. I thought they should have changed to the Bay Area Forty Niners. The logo being "SF" might have had something to do with it.
They could have gone with this on their helmets and watched that city meltdown

IMG_4312.gif

So you're solution is to change everything about what got you to that point lol. The decisions he's made led this team to this point. They have increased his win probability. And he makes those decisions knowing his kciker misses 25% of his kicks over 40, and that his defense wasn't going to stop ****. He put it on his offense to win it. That's the actual decision he was making. Do I want to ride with my kicker and defense or my Elite offense. He went with riding what got him there. It's football, They didn't execute. Simple as that. They didn't lose BECAUSE OF the decision though.

All season long he was making those same decisions. They were good decisions. Statistically it led to MORE points. Sometimes you fail, and you hurt your odds. more often they succeeded and it significantly helped their odds. That could have been the story today.
This is not about season long numbers. Going for it on 4th down increases variance. It’s one thing and totally acceptable to do when you’re a dog and it’s a close game or you’re down. You do not want to increase variance when you are up 2 scores or when you’re down and it’s late in the 4th with a chance to tie, and you aren’t inside the 5 yard line.

“Defense wasn’t stopping ****.” They only gave up 10 points in 30+ minutes to that point. Stop with the bull****.

There is not a single thing that can be said that justify those two calls. And if you want to blame Jersey Mike for being trash, why was Campbell ignorant enough to not get another kicker? Either way it’s on him.

Advertisement

Actually, Wayne Huizenga was the initial owner and he named them the Florida Marlins because when they started in 1993, there was no other MLB team in Florida. He wanted to market the team not only to the South Florida market from Miami to WPB, but to the entire state of Florida.

Tampa Bay wasn't awarded the Rays until 2 years later in 1995 and they didn't begin play until 1998. Being a South Florida native, I didn't really like the idea at the time, but I understood. When TB got the Rays, I thought they should have become the Miami Marlins at that time, but that wouldn't happen until they actually began play in Miami proper in 2012.

As far as being called the "Florida" Panthers, I always thought that should always be the name of the team since that is the actual name of the mascot, the "Florida panther". For those not familiar to South Florida, Florida panthers are actually a subspecies of mountain lions in Cali.

Last edited:
Going for the FG on the last one is the one that made more sense to go for it on 4th though, that's literally my entire point.
Your entire point was my point. I even said that if I agreed with you on going on the first 4th down, the 2nd time it made sense to kick the FG because it then becomes a 2 possession game and that you would have 6 minutes and 4 turnouts to stop San Fran and win or tie the game during the last possession of the game:

1706507408425.png

Advertisement
Back