OT - 49ers vs. Lions - NFC Championship

Look at the first stat used in that EPA nonsense post

Gibbs fumble cost them 5.5 points

It was the first play of the drive from their own like 30 yard line

Sometimes dorks should just stay quiet
Yeah - I thought a TD was worth 6 points plus the extra point. Niners got 7 points off that fumble and not 5.5 points.

Speaking of which, according to some, for the Lions TDs, since the kicker is not reliable, they shouldn’t have kicked any extra points and always should’ve gone for 2 points because the MO of “Man” Campbell is to be a gambler and play with you balls out (pause). 33 yards is a long way for an extra point and not manly enough.

Kicking is for puzzies!!

Man Campbell should be the Coach for your On The Bench Sessions.

Advertisement
Yeah - I thought a TD was worth 6 points plus the extra point. Niners got 7 points off that fumble and not 5.5 points.

Speaking of which, according to some, for the Lions TDs, since the kicker is not reliable, they shouldn’t have kicked any extra points and always should’ve gone for 2 points because the MO of “Man” Campbell is to be a gambler and play with you balls out (pause). 33 yards is a long way for an extra point and not manly enough.

Kicking is for puzzies!!

It doesn’t matter how many points SF got from that fumble. It matters how many points a computer expected them to score

Smh get with the times bro

Kicking is for puzzies!!

Goodfellas GIF

It doesn’t matter how many points SF got from that fumble. It matters how many points a computer expected them to score

Smh get with the times bro
These Cali Natives and their shenanigans and their computers especially the ones that pin a “Manly” coach, who’s ever been to a Super Bowl vs 3 other guys that have been to them multiple times.

These Cali Natives and their shenanigans and their computers especially the ones that pin a “Manly” coach, who’s ever been to a Super Bowl vs 3 other guys that have been to them multiple times.
I’m sure he’s still mad about getting picked on in middle school and projecting it on to you

Advertisement

I get it. I read all of that stuff bc it’s helpful for betting purposes, but it’s not gospel. Idc about averages when it’s a one game scenario. That play cost them 7 points. Saying no it’s actually 5.5 bc other teams based on season long stats stopped the opposing teams or made them kick fg’s in that same scenario isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

The nerds don’t understand the human element of it either. Momentum is real. Getting stopped on that first 4th down, changed the game. No spread sheet can account for the real life swing that occurred.

I get it. I read all of that stuff bc it’s helpful for betting purposes, but it’s not gospel. Idc about averages when it’s a one game scenario. That play cost them 7 points. Saying no it’s actually 5.5 bc other teams based on season long stats stopped the opposing teams or made them kick fg’s in that same scenario isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

The nerds don’t understand the human element of it either. Momentum is real. Getting stopped on that first 4th down, changed the game. No spread sheet can account for the real life swing that occurred.
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

But I am the idiot that doesn’t understand football by making that exact point as well.

Analytics doesn’t account for the swing in momentum of not getting that 4th down, as we all saw.

They can analyze it all they want during the offseason.

I like analytics a lot. They should be considered and followed a lot of times. Certain situations, they need to be ignored, however.

For example, the FG Detroit kicked before half time. I am sure the analytics said you should go for the TD.

The smart and correct decision was to kick the FG especially since San Fran got the ball first to start the 2nd half and you can’t drive all that way and not get any points.

Being an Eagles fan, Siriani goes for it a lot and I love it but he’s also not an idiot about it in certain situations and he has a cheat code play on the Philly *** push (pause).

Went on a rant with my friend about analytics and going for it on 4th down. Leaving points on the field just does not compute no who explains the math. The math maths, dont me wrong, but conceptually does not compute at all for me.

Advertisement
@PIPO @RVACane

Anyway we can review that die on the hill voting?
Maybe not for 2023 but I have a feeling that the Winner of the “TOC Die on the Hill Award” is off to a “Man” Campbell halftime lead with plenty of 4th downs left to go for it.

@RVACane still has to ratify the election. Maybe a change can be made if we pressure him into it.

Advertisement
Stop bumping this ******* thread they lost.

What has u heated more, that Detroit lost or how they lost? I’m going to assume u would still be heated if Detroit got blown out, but probably stings a bit more how they lost.

I still have PTSD every time I see a K hits a goal post til this day. Lol

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

But I am the idiot that doesn’t understand football by making that exact point as well.

I like analytics a lot. They should be considered and followed a lot of times. Certain situations, they need to be ignored, however.

For example, the FG Detroit kicked before half time. I am sure the analytics said you should go for the TD.

The smart and correct decision was to kick the FG especially since San Fran got the ball first to start the 2nd half and you can’t drive all that way and not get any points.

Being an Eagles fan, Siriani goes for it a lot and I love it but he’s also not an idiot about it in certain situations and he has a cheat code play on the Philly *** push (pause).
Analytics aren’t real life and that’s what it comes down to. Also I would like to point out that I don’t think Campbell knows what analytics are. He just wanted to go for it bc that’s what he does. He’s an idiot. The analytics crowd is just backing him up bc they say it was the right call.

What has u heated more, that Detroit lost or how they lost? I’m going to assume u would still be heated if Detroit got blown out, but probably stings a bit more how they lost.

I won't give you the satisfaction.

Advertisement
I won't give you the satisfaction.
But, Dan Campbell should be fired for ******* this up. Josh Reynolds should be under investigation. Cam Sutton should be left under a bridge in San Francisco. #29 should be placed in a soccer jersey.

Cody Parkey is a good man.

Went on a rant with my friend about analytics and going for it on 4th down. Leaving points on the field just does not compute no who explains the math. The math maths, dont me wrong, but conceptually does not compute at all for me.
If you can’t tell me how much 3 plates on each side weighs then I don’t wanna hear **** about your EPA nonsense

Advertisement
Back