OT - 49ers vs. Lions - NFC Championship

The bottom line is that the Lions were not going to win this game. They shot their wad early and proved that the moment was too big for them late. The Niners are a complete team that knows how to win games like this and have done so consistently for the past 4 years.

The worst thing for the league would have been a Lions -v- Chefs super bowl. There would be no national interest and the game would have been over before the pedophiles took the stage to perform the halftime show.

Regardless of the sport, at the end of the season all sports fans want to see the same thing; They want Big on Big. That's what we have now. KC versus SF is big on big.

Advertisement
The bottom line is that the Lions were not going to win this game. They shot their wad early and proved that the moment was too big for them late. The Niners are a complete team that knows how to win games like this and have done so consistently for the past 4 years.

The worst thing for the league would have been a Lions -v- Chefs super bowl. There would be no national interest and the game would have been over before the pedophiles took the stage to perform the halftime show.

Regardless of the sport, at the end of the season all sports fans want to see the same thing; They want Big on Big. That's what we have now. KC versus SF is big on big.
Pedophiles?

Team Usher Television GIF by The Voice

Actually no. This week and last week were basically the only times they’ve done that under Shanahan

But don’t let that get in the way of whatever you’re going for here

Actually no. This week and last week were basically the only times they’ve done that under Shanahan

It always disappoints me when posters I know & love embarrass themselves with posts like this one above.

Over the past five seasons under Kyle Shanahan, the Niners have finished:

2023 - Super Bowl (soon to be Champs)
2022 - NFC Championship game
2021 - NFC Championship game
2020 - Covid
2019 - Super Bowl (lost)

These are the results of a team and coaching staff that knows how to win big games.

It always disappoints me when posters I know & love embarrass themselves with posts like this one above.

2020 - Covid
2019 - Super Bowl (lost)

These are the results of a team and coaching staff that knows how to win big games.
Wow I was incredibly off base

So clearly the 49ers consistently win “games like this” i.e. NFC championship games as evidenced by losing them 2 out of the last 3 years

He’s now 2-30 coming from behind from these deficits which he had to do this week and last week

Maybe you should define “games like this” because none of the parameters of this particular game seem to fit

Advertisement
Because, unlike Mario, the game clock was about 5 seconds farther out than kneeling would run off. Hence why they took the delay of game penalty and Purdy snapped the ball one last time. By then they’d milked it to a 1 second discrepancy.

So TrumpyCane wants to know everyone shouldn't have made a big deal about the same situation in Oregon when he was blasted for that right?

Back to the game, the Lions lost because they had a bunch of freak plays/bad luck plays

1st 4th down they went for was the right call but Reynolds drops it

Then Detroit defender has an easy INT lets it hit off his facemask and 49ers get a massive play

Detroit then proceeds to fumble the ball away the next possession

Thats 3 plays that completely change the game, thats not adding another Reynolds drop that would have led to a big gain

The other 4th down play you can argue either way, Campbell has been going for it in that spot all season but the other argument can be that you kick the FG and stop momentum

2020 - Covid
2019 - Super Bowl (lost)

This actually shows they are a very good team and staff but can’t win the big one. They’ve lost 3 of the last 4 big games they’ve played and haven’t won a Super Bowl.

2020 - Covid
2019 - Super Bowl (lost)

Wow I was incredibly off base

So clearly the 49ers consistently win “games like this” i.e. NFC championship games as evidenced by losing them 2 out of the last 3 years

He’s now 2-30 coming from behind from these deficits which he had to do this week and last week

Maybe you should define “games like this” because none of the parameters of this particular game seem to fit

By your own parameter above, last week's game against Green Bay in the divisional playoff is considered a "game like this." They've won the divisional playoff game in four of the last five seasons. They also won the wild card game in 2021 & 2022. Given that, any genuine person would admit they were wrong in saying that the Niners have only done it over the past two weeks. They've done it over the past five seasons.

To the greater point, what team in the NFL has had the same success as the 49ers over the past five seasons? Are you really trying to make an argument that the Niners cant win big games? Seriously?

This actually shows they are a very good team and staff but can’t win the big one. They’ve lost 3 of the last 4 big games they’ve played and haven’t won a Super Bowl.

Objection, Your Honor. Argumentative. The Niners are currently in the Super Bowl.

Moreover, the idea that the only big game is the Super Bowl is a fool's argument. Only one team wins that game each year. There are many big games along the way.

Advertisement
Objection, Your Honor. Argumentative. The Niners are currently in the Super Bowl.

Moreover, the idea that the only big game is the Super Bowl is a fool's argument. Only one team wins that game each year. There are many big games along the way.
Nobody cares about the regular season. First 2 rounds of playoffs are so so and usually just determine who’s more prone to choke (Cowboys being the prime example). The only big games are the Conf Championships and Super Bowl. Your staff is 2-3 with no rings. Congrats to them for being consistent. But as of now they’re just the Packers with Rodgers, minus the ring. We’ll see if that changes.

By your own parameter above, last week's game against Green Bay in the divisional playoff is considered a "game like this." They've won the divisional playoff game in four of the last five seasons. They also won the wild card game in 2021 & 2022. Given that, any genuine person would admit they were wrong in saying that the Niners have only done it over the past two weeks. They've done it over the past five seasons.

To the greater point, what team in the NFL has had the same success as the 49ers over the past five seasons? Are you really trying to make an argument that the Niners cant win big games? Seriously?
you’re laughably full of ****

Enjoy your hill and I’ll pour out a 40 for you

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah - I thought a TD was worth 6 points plus the extra point. Niners got 7 points off that fumble and not 5.5 points.

Speaking of which, according to some, for the Lions TDs, since the kicker is not reliable, they shouldn’t have kicked any extra points and always should’ve gone for 2 points because the MO of “Man” Campbell is to be a gambler and play with you balls out (pause). 33 yards is a long way for an extra point and not manly enough.

Kicking is for puzzies!!

Man Campbell should be the Coach for your On The Bench Sessions.
lol, just cause you fumble doesn't mean the other team is guaranteed 7 lol. There is a chance they score a td and miss pat. There is a chance they are held to 3.
Yeah lets equate a 48 yards FG from a guy with a career 77% 40-49 kick rate to a 33 yard PAT from a guy who makes 96% of his PATs AND 30-39 yards kicks. That makes sense!

Do you actually believe the bs you're typing lol?

lol, just cause you fumble doesn't mean the other team is guaranteed 7 lol. There is a chance they score a td and miss pat. There is a chance they are held to 3.
Yeah lets equate a 48 yards FG from a guy with a career 77% 40-49 kick rate to a 33 yard PAT from a guy who makes 96% of his PATs AND 30-39 yards kicks. That makes sense!

Do you actually believe the bs you're typing lol?
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Advertisement
Back