Oregon upgraded their HC bigly

That's why our friend Dwins has a great handle... it's a fact.
Our defense under Guidry is not our problem, we are actually respectable in the area. If we would just drive the ******* ball and score we'd have 8 wins or more.
Is there any word on what injury Emory has?
I never said defense is irrelevant. I’m saying the game has changed to favor the offense, making defense much harder to play. You still have to have a defense to win a national title, of course. See USC as an example. You can’t outscore everybody 49-45 on your way to a championship. You also can’t beat everybody 13-7 on the same road to a title.

Advertisement
I never said defense is irrelevant. I’m saying the game has changed to favor the offense, making defense much harder to play. You still have to have a defense to win a national title, of course. See USC as an example. You can’t outscore everybody 49-45 on your way to a championship. You also can’t beat everybody 13-7 on the same road to a title.
Of course you don’t think defense is irrelevant, I know your philosophy.
Matching two teams will have different game outcomes. But I am a defense junkie, I love stopping drives instead of playing tag I got you football with high scores.
Dude I got a headache and a heartache😩, see you around.

Looking around college football, defense is a lost art. Including the $EC. Any program playing true stellar defense is an outlier. Most of the time you see a good defensive battle is when both offenses suck.

Or, maybe I’m wrong.
No brother you are not wrong. You are right that defense in college football is a lost art. That is why it is absolutely imperative to pay Lance "Michelangelo" Guidry whatever it takes to keep him here. Make him Miami DC for life. He could be our version of Bud Foster. Yes he's that good.

Last edited:
Looking around college football, defense is a lost art. Including the $EC. Any program playing true stellar defense is an outlier. Most of the time you see a good defensive battle is when both offenses suck.

Or, maybe I’m wrong.
This is spot on.

Advertisement
Bull**** Our Defense didnt lose this game, Benson was not the diffrence
I NEVER said our defense cost us the game, but Benson rushed for 80 yards and had 1 catch for 17 yards plus he scored 2 TDs. We shut down Coleman, but saying Benson wasn't a difference in the game is just asinine.

he recruited a 4 star qb every year he was there. none of them has panned out up until the moment. And look at the class we brought in last year. We literally have an entire team that shirted this year. they will help plenty.
I don't care what he did at Oregon. He has not recruited a 4-star QB at Miami, now has he? While he had a great recruiting class last year, no doubt, where is the QB, DTs and CBs that are going to fix these position groups?

we'd be undefeated or have just the unc loss. thats the frustrating part. we are really close.
Also, let any coach come to miami and have to deal with refs rigging games. its tough for anyone
Add all the freshman that we started and developed this year. This team will be loading up real soon.

Advertisement
swap qbs and we beat them. All the foolishness about Mario and Dawson and its about our qbs not making simple throws. Just basic football throws.
7 yard slant...miss. every dam time
LOL. Bo Nix was trash before lanning recruited him and let his coaches coach him up. **** a trash Bo Nix even beat Mario when Mario had a top 10 pick at QB

Mario is the problem.

nix sucked at Auburn, Mario didnt know the future. He has blossomed in his 9th year as a college qb, go figure. He messed up on Benson. FSU does not win the game today without him.
TVD sucked last year for Mario, but did he go and get a QB in the portal...NO

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't care what he did at Oregon. He has not recruited a 4-star QB at Miami, now has he? While he had a great recruiting class last year, no doubt, where is the QB, DTs and CBs that are going to fix these position groups?
This is the main problem with 90% of this fanbase. He just got here. He has only had 1 full class of recruiting. And what most dont even realize is recruiting now is 3 and sometimes 4 years out. QBs shouldnt be playing before they have even been on campus at least a full year, period. Its too complex of a position. So even if he did sign some 5 star stud last year, would he really be ready to play now? None of you want to deal with the reality that its gonna take more than 1 full recruiting cycle to fix the years of bad recruiting and evals by the previous staff.

We see this every year with an Oregon, Michigan, or OSU. They will blow through their conference and look like the best teams in CFB only to get throttled by a UGA or Bama.

Advertisement
Back