Oregon upgraded their HC bigly

Advertisement
Who have we played? We beat Virginia in OT. I’d take a W against Colorado, Utah, Washington State over our performance so far.
stop. Colorado and Washington State are not good wins. Well ill give him credit for embarrassing the Colorado clown show.

Trey Benson NOT on FSU probably means we win today. Whether or not Nix would come here, I don't know, but after last year's abortion at QB, Mario did nothing to fix the problem
Mario put all his chips on the 2021 version of TVD. That 2021 version was never as good as the media made it to be.

Mario put all his chips on the 2021 version of TVD. That 2021 version was never as good as the media made it to be.
Maybe, maybe not. TVD was ACC Offensive ROY in 2021 under Lashlee. Mario hired Gattis and TVD was terrible last year. He hired Dawson and TVD was great the first 4 games and then something changed. TVD has had 3 OCs in 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I never want to see TVD take another snap in a Miami Hurricanes uniform again

Advertisement
Nix was put in a system he could thrive. He wouldn’t be thriving in this system.

Exactly.

Nix sucks. He sucks this year too.

But Oregon put him in a simple spread offense, that mitigates how much he sucks, and emphasizes what little he does well.

Could you imagine Nix in an offense that bunches the box and forces him to scan the field traffic with only 3 WRs going out for routes?

That’s the difference, and it’s why Mario will never work.

Maybe, maybe not. TVD was ACC Offensive ROY in 2021 under Lashlee. Mario hired Gattis and TVD was terrible last year. He hired Dawson and TVD was great the first 4 games and then something changed. TVD has had 3 OCs in 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I never want to see TVD take another snap in a Miami Hurricanes uniform again

TVD sucks.

He has close to 30 TDs and Miami is undefeated if Lashlee is OC right now and Mario is letting him do his thing.

TVD sucks.

He has close to 30 TDs and Miami is undefeated if Lashlee is OC right now and Mario is letting him do his thing.
Doubt Mario is going to let any OC do their thing, meaning we're screwed as he can't help himself

Advertisement
Mario supporters are arguing that TVD was never that good in ‘21, and are doing this to defend Mario. The idea being Mario didn’t ruin him, he was always overhyped.

But what they don’t understand is this actually proves the point.

TVD wasn’t that good in ‘21. And yet the offense was still able to put points on the board. Even in his really bad performances, we had success.

If you need a star at QB to even score two TDs on Saturday, you don’t have a QB problem. You have an offensive system problem.

Exactly.

Nix sucks. He sucks this year too.

But Oregon put him in a simple spread offense, that mitigates how much he sucks, and emphasizes what little he does well.

Could you imagine Nix in an offense that bunches the box and forces him to scan the field traffic with only 3 WRs going out for routes?

That’s the difference, and it’s why Mario will never work.
Look no further than the 1st down by Williams that he got hurt on. You call a timeout and the play still results in a botched play that still turned out to be a 2 yard gain for a first down. At a certain point in time that’s not on the players, that’s on the coaches either not communicating properly or demanding perfection on these plays in practice

Last edited:
people wont like his but they lost their OC last year year and hired a new one and GOT BETTER on offense. there was no talk about chemistry or even a break in period last year or this year (last year they changed everything about their scheme under Mario too and brought in a lot of new talent where there is little left from the previous regime in the current starting lineup). Mario did well at Oregon but he hit a ceiling there with a top 5 QB. lanning brought in a bust from AU and turned him into a heisman candidate with 2 b2b strong seasons. well see what happens this year in the close but theyre very very good.

Advertisement
stop. Colorado and Washington State are not good wins. Well ill give him credit for embarrassing the Colorado clown show.
our schedule is incredibly soft so far. we literally have half our wins against non p5 teams. struggled bused nto double OT with one average acc team and one putrid acc team both at home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back