Oregon Extension on the Table for Mario

Advertisement
What’s Eugene cost of living compared to Miami, though?
If you're making $9-10m a year, you are living just fine in either one.
Let me rephrase my response. Where would you rather live if you were making $9-10m a year? Unless Mario is buying a vineyard and having a complete change in life, I would take a house on the water with a boat docked behind it.

Advertisement
Now that I think about it.. Floridas no state taxes gotta play a major role verses what the state of Oregon eats up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let me rephrase my response. Where would you rather live if you were making $9-10m a year? Unless Mario is buying a vineyard and having a complete change in life, I would take a house on the water with a boat docked behind it.
No argument here. I would almost be willing to bet Mario himself would agree.

The final number, whether it's us or them, will probably be in the 7.8-8m range, if I'm guessing. It could go north of that but I doubt it.
I think Mario’s getting 10 per, either from us or Oregon, but if his agent has an IQ above 40 he better be getting 10.

Just off the fact he has two teams bidding for him, neither Oregon or Miami would be dumb enough to low ball him & considering the market set with extensions from Mel Tucker, James Franklin, Riley & Brian Kelly, Mario should be in the same ballpark.

If he doesn’t get $10mill a year he better punch his agent in jaw & knock his teeth down his throat, this sh*t should be shooting fish in a barrel, Miami literally has 3 Billionaires on their hands & knees begging for him lol.

Advertisement
Mario is not worth the Mel Tucker contract that Tucker isnt worth lmao
Most coaches aren’t but the market sets itself.

Kinda different but somewhat similar; I’m a Vikings fan and I can tell you whole heartedly Kirk Cousins isn’t a $35mill/year QB. But if you want a QB to play 16 games and throw for 3500-4000 yards you are paying $35million. Looks like coaching contracts are only going to go up from here.

I'm going to say it again - the "Miami can't win a bidding war with Oregon" narrative is the biggest bullsh!t argument regarding Mario staying or leaving. Phil Knights billions are irrelevant. He isn't getting offered a $2 billion contract. It's probably going to be in the 8-10 million range, which UM would have no problem matching (not even taking into consideration the huge tax bill in Oregon) The main difference will probably be in years being offered in the deal.

Advertisement
We willing to give Mario Mel Tucker money?
You got to pay to play...
payday-getting-paid.gif

Advertisement
Back