Oregon Extension on the Table for Mario

IF he loses tonight we'd paying a coach that lost 6 out of his last 20 games that type of money. Desperation is real.
Again - what is it with this one game narrative that gets thrown around. "If Manny losses one game, he should be fired." "If Manny wins one game, he should stay as coach....." , "If Mario wins or loses one game......".

It's going to cost money regardless of who we get to dig ourselves out of a 20 year hole. I know you aren't debating that. You are debating the candidate. Fair, obviously, but it needs to be blown up and built up properly. That is not Lane, as much as I like him.

Advertisement
This will not be about money. This is about where Mario wants to coach and raise his family.
Agreed. But dude seems pretty loyal, that has me somewhat questioning the move to Miami. But Cubans are usually very familial and his wife will be in his ear about raising those kids around “their” people soooooo this may be the motivation. Happy wife happy life? I‘m old and single and nowhere near getting married, I‘m slaying and never staying, so you all tell me.

Advertisement
I hope it leaks during the game tonight that he's leaving Oregon.

Thats One World I Want To One Day Live In Daydream GIF - Thats One World I  Want To One Day Live In Daydream One Day - Discover & Share GIFs

Advertisement
Advertisement
we might not have to match phil knight 100%, just be in the ball park. phil knight can't match "coming back home".

all things equal or mostly equally, mario should return.
Lets hope you're right. You underestimate Phil knight. He is known as a competitor in business. He ain't gonna let his coach go to an Adidas school so easily...

Oregon will always be able to outbid UM. The questions are whether Miami will get close (it needs to be $8-9M per in my opinion), and whether he wants to come home.

If it's purely about $$, he stays out west.

they'll have to offer 10% more than us to be even with income taxes there

not to mention the family and local pull

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back