Oregon Article about CiS

The one concern I had with Mario was game day coaching. No one seems to acknowledge the mitigating factor of the support staff he brought in.
Yeah, this is easily his best staff he has ever assembled. The other part they are ignoring is that by locational default, Mario will amass more talent here than Oregon. He did stack talent there but the ceiling is so much higher here. You combine those two things and I’d say there is reason to be optimistic. Will that be enough to get us chips? That I don’t know.

Advertisement
No one seems to acknowledge the mitigating factor of the support staff he brought in.

It's difficult to look at the people on our staff and think we'll struggle. He didn't have this staff at Oregon.

I love how everyone ignores every other successful coach on the staff. With this staff, Mario couldn't sink this ship if he had a hair trigger shotgun as a leg.

SIAP. A lot of hating below

The Mopes and The Slurpers’ Battle Line

The crux of the battle is that Mario isn’t going to ever maximize TVD’s potential or get the Canes to the Playoff, according to the Mopes. On the way to underachieving… Mario is going to corch it up along the way. The Mopes’ aspirations for the Miami program are more than being good under Mario; they want another Natty!

Mario couldn’t get a loaded Oregon team to the playoff, and the Mopes say he isn’t the guy to get Miami there! I can’t argue with their logic, Duck fans.

The Slurpers, who slurp up all things Mario, and say Mario coaching them to an ACC Title and a New Year’s Six bowl game, is better than Miami has been in ages. The Slurpers aspire to settle for Mario, warts and all, and pay him $80 million for that!

Ducks fan would bet their money with the Mopes, as we have seen this story play out with Mario.

In 2019 Mario corched the Ducks to the Pac-12 Championship and a Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin. Along the way Mario corched Herbert in his senior year to worse numbers than his sophomore year. Unfazed, Mario corched the Ducks to a late-season loss at ASU, who finished with a 4-5 record in the Pac-12, costing the Ducks a sure playoff spot!

This year Mario Cristobal will regress TVD, lose a game to a team he should beat, and will under-achieve — because Mario is a corch. Duck fans will take joy in beingrid of Cristobal while they watch Dan Lanning achieve what Mario couldn’t — with Mario’s players!

The icing on the cake for Duck fans will be when Mario has his first big corching moment, and the Mopes come out from under the rocks for Mario with their knives out!

I know I’ll have my popcorn right beside me while I watch the Miami fans go to war over Mario, and I’ll enjoy the bloodbath. What do you think, Duck fans; is Mario going corch it up? Share your thoughts in the OBD FORUM!

Stay Mad GIF

Who wrote this, an angry 5th grader?

The crux of the battle is that Mario isn’t going to ever maximize TVD’s potential or get the Canes to the Playoff, according to the Mopes. On the way to underachieving… Mario is going to corch it up along the way. The Mopes’ aspirations for the Miami program are more than being good under Mario; they want another Natty!

Mario couldn’t get a loaded Oregon team to the playoff, and the Mopes say he isn’t the guy to get Miami there! I can’t argue with their logic, Duck fans.

The Slurpers, who slurp up all things Mario, and say Mario coaching them to an ACC Title and a New Year’s Six bowl game, is better than Miami has been in ages. The Slurpers aspire to settle for Mario, warts and all, and pay him $80 million for that!

Ducks fan would bet their money with the Mopes, as we have seen this story play out with Mario.

In 2019 Mario corched the Ducks to the Pac-12 Championship and a Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin. Along the way Mario corched Herbert in his senior year to worse numbers than his sophomore year. Unfazed, Mario corched the Ducks to a late-season loss at ASU, who finished with a 4-5 record in the Pac-12, costing the Ducks a sure playoff spot!

This year Mario Cristobal will regress TVD, lose a game to a team he should beat, and will under-achieve — because Mario is a corch. Duck fans will take joy in beingrid of Cristobal while they watch Dan Lanning achieve what Mario couldn’t — with Mario’s players!

The icing on the cake for Duck fans will be when Mario has his first big corching moment, and the Mopes come out from under the rocks for Mario with their knives out!

I know I’ll have my popcorn right beside me while I watch the Miami fans go to war over Mario, and I’ll enjoy the bloodbath. What do you think, Duck fans; is Mario going corch it up? Share your thoughts in the OBD FORUM!

Stay Mad GIF
Im just trying to remember the time we had this vicious debate.

Advertisement
What game time decisions can be made by a head coach that ruin the outcome of game?

Aren't most decisions made based on statistics calculated ahead of time?

Advertisement
They say that about every coach probably not named Saban. UGA fans were on it about Kirby, and funny enough it was about his handling of the QB room. Not one single coach didn't have to coach through quirks and issues with their staff. Difference between us and Oregon is the talent we can attract at all positions but more importantly the staff is a huge upgrade over what he had out there at Oregon. Their money was paying for uniforms, ours is paying coaches

Advertisement
Mario is going to have much more talent here. You get guys like Herbert & Sewell here & surround them with south florida guys like Duke Johnson or Ahmon Richards & it’s night night college football thanks for playing.
facts its a different animal here they are stupid asf to not know that

Stay Mad GIF
Dang, that's a tad bit harsh. F Oregon.

Advertisement
A quick copy/paste/lookup indicates that article is approximately 340 words.

Someone spent 340 words of energy to analyze the thoughts and feelings of *another program's fans.*

Good times, man.
Exactly! Instead of focusing on the Ducks, he's worried about how this fanbase feels about and will treat the Head Coach they no longer have lol.

personally I haven't seen a ton of mopes vs slurpers on the how successful will Mario be topic.
Agree. This is a total straw man. I think the fanbase is in almost uniform approval of the general state of affairs and the most divisive question is if we’ll get 10-2 or 9-3

Advertisement
Back