Orange Bowl Boys Recruiting Podcast (Follow the Leeds Thread)

What a great podcast! Such an insightful look and education on the small things - which are big things - that I don’t pay attention to when it comes to our branding and the role of perception.

Advertisement
That was my gripe, as well; however, I knew of Adidas rep simply by the Michigan situation. I’ve posted on here that my baby cousin is an alum of UofM. A lot of promises wasn’t kept w/ them, either. W/ us, when I heard we would be the flagship, I said, sounds good, but I just know how Adidas work; there’ll be a honeymoon period & then there won’t. We experienced that honeymoon period, and as soon as UL’s contract was announced, I immediately got upset. Flagship means #1 in that conference. So seeing how much more UL’s contract was than ours, I already knew something was fishy.
Fam, you made a tremendous point with that Long Beach Poly example. One could draw a direct parallel from that to the powerhouse and perennially contending programs here. With the exception of Chaminade, all of them are Nike schools. Your MNW's, STA's, Centrals, AH's, Carol City, the list goes on. It's a natural progression for the kids.

Another point of your argument that I found particularly compelling was when you spoke of Michigan's student store selling out hours after returning to the Nike/Jumpman fold. Could you imagine the immediate economic impact if THE FIRST athletic program to be sponsored by Nike made a triumphant return?!?! Our HC is fresh off an Oregon stint and he wore the first collegiate athletic gear to bear the swoosh. Our AD returns to us from Clemson, and he was an employee of the athletic department when Sam Jankovich signed that revolutionary deal. The writing's on the wall...

Fam, you made a tremendous point with that Long Beach Poly example. One could draw a direct parallel from that to the powerhouse and perennially contending programs here. With the exception of Chaminade, all of them are Nike schools. Your MNW's, STA's, Centrals, AH's, Carol City, the list goes on. It's a natural progression for the kids.

Another point of your argument that I found particularly compelling was when you spoke of Michigan's student store selling out hours after returning to the Nike/Jumpman fold. Could you imagine the immediate economic impact if THE FIRST athletic program to be sponsored by Nike made a triumphant return?!?! Our HC is fresh off an Oregon stint and he wore the first collegiate athletic gear to bear the swoosh. Our AD returns to us from Clemson, and he was an employee of the athletic department when Sam Jankovich signed that revolutionary deal. The writing's on the wall...

Facts bro. I was at UCLA Hospital maybe like a day or two after the switch to JB/Nike, & the two off campus student stores had lines, no cap.

I told @Leeds off record, I would prefer we switch to JB, b/c JB is the “elite” division of Nike, & since they have a select few schools, we would get a lot of attention. Plus Miami color way J’s would absolutely kill the game. And we have Solefly in the backyard? DJ Khaled a JB sponsored entertainer??? The welcome home concert w/ Drake & T Scott???? Plus, the amount of JB Miami Colored theme drip would be unimaginable!

Me, too. Shirts usually fit weird.

Ain’t no usually. Lol.

Also, w/ one of the recruits photo ops, I’m not sure if it was lighting or what, but it appeared the top & pants were slightly two different shades of orange.

Advertisement
Facts bro. I was at UCLA Hospital maybe like a day or two after the switch to JB/Nike, & the two off campus student stores had lines, no cap.

I told @Leeds off record, I would prefer we switch to JB, b/c JB is the “elite” division of Nike, & since they have a select few schools, we would get a lot of attention. Plus Miami color way J’s would absolutely kill the game. And we have Solefly in the backyard? DJ Khaled a JB sponsored entertainer??? The welcome home concert w/ Drake & T Scott???? Plus, the amount of JB Miami Colored theme drip would be unimaginable!
Double Facts Hometeam. Hurricanes J's would go for kidney & liver prices on the resale market...

1653356087857.gif

Double Facts Hometeam. Hurricanes J's would go for kidney & liver prices on the resale market...

Yeaaah fam, if the OU, UofM, UF, & UO Jordan 4’s going for $6-8k, man I can’t image what a Miami Color Way would go for. ****, if the Nike Air Barrage Miami is going for $1000, some Miami J’s? 1’s or 4’s or 5’s?? Imma think close to $8-9k easy.

Great podcast by you Rellyrell and my girl Leeds…sorry I missed the first ones but with this type content I won’t be missing anymore plus Leeds might come to La. With a stick after me if I did…😜

I don’t listen to too many podcasts cause most are just guys rambling along turning 15 minutes worth of Content into 90 minutes of rambling …These podcast bring nothing but info…great job by Leeds bringing this together with some great guests..

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we sign a player thats top rated and no other notable schools who have good record of developing players are after him, i can live with the we overrated players. No we don't, we overrate our talent development, we overrated our coaching staffs, we overrate their ability to convey information to the players, we overrate their ability to match tactics against other top teams.

Constantly looking unprepared is not talent, keep talking about team x showing something they haven't is not talent. Please stop with this narrative. We have had more OL drafted than Clemson since Dabo been there, how is it thag they can block playoff SEC DLs filled with NFL players. Coaching, development.

Every team has busts, why? Because no player is a sure thing, it just means the higher they are rated, the higher chance of them being good, and vica versa. So if you have a team of high rated players, higher chance you have a good team. We have constantly had a top 15 roster in College football, yet still we constantly finished last in different categories, one year its pass blocking, one year its run blocking, next year its tackling. Revolving. Too many coaches, and multiple on one staff having no business at Miami. I have never put us on Bama level or teams like that, but for me to expect us to win the Coastal and not get smoked by UNC, **** right it was within our ability and talent.

As for the adidas Nike thing. I totally disagree. If Bama starts wearing New Balance, new balance is gonna have a national title school. Nike has most of college football schools, our decline started under them and the uniforms they made towards the end were hideous for the most part. Pay up the money or go away. If we start winning with adidas, other schools will look at it and say ok, maybe i can take more money and move over there too.

If we sign a player thats top rated and no other notable schools who have good record of developing players are after him, i can live with the we overrated players. No we don't, we overrate our talent development, we overrated our coaching staffs, we overrate their ability to convey information to the players, we overrate their ability to match tactics against other top teams.

Constantly looking unprepared is not talent, keep talking about team x showing something they haven't is not talent. Please stop with this narrative. We have had more OL drafted than Clemson since Dabo been there, how is it thag they can block playoff SEC DLs filled with NFL players. Coaching, development.

Every team has busts, why? Because no player is a sure thing, it just means the higher they are rated, the higher chance of them being good, and vica versa. So if you have a team of high rated players, higher chance you have a good team. We have constantly had a top 15 roster in College football, yet still we constantly finished last in different categories, one year its pass blocking, one year its run blocking, next year its tackling. Revolving. Too many coaches, and multiple on one staff having no business at Miami. I have never put us on Bama level or teams like that, but for me to expect us to win the Coastal and not get smoked by UNC, **** right it was within our ability and talent.

As for the adidas Nike thing. I totally disagree. If Bama starts wearing New Balance, new balance is gonna have a national title school. Nike has most of college football schools, our decline started under them and the uniforms they made towards the end were hideous for the most part. Pay up the money or go away. If we start winning with adidas, other schools will look at it and say ok, maybe i can take more money and move over there too.

Ur last paragraph shows a narrow scope. I don’t have time to continue to explain things, but if u think that’s how it works, that’s fine.

Advertisement
That was SUPER ******* fun and really eye-opening, thank you so SO much for your time @Coach Macho! You guys are going to absolutely love the insight and knowledge he gives!!
He has always been one of the better posters on this site. More often than not he would get killed on here cause the info he brought was rarely positive but it was always true and spot on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back