Orange Bowl Boys Recruiting Podcast (Follow the Leeds Thread)

Advertisement
That was SUPER ******* fun and really eye-opening, thank you so SO much for your time @Coach Macho! You guys are going to absolutely love the insight and knowledge he gives!!

Ah, so @LeedsCane was knocking that dude in the other thread around the ring to get warmed up for her pod lol.

Makes sense now.

As was mentioned, I am now officially a part of the Orange Bowl Boys and it’s such a thrill to have this opportunity! My plan is to do a podcast about twice a month but if the interest is there, I will go to once a week. I will follow up with a poll after my first podcast drops, which should be on the 30th to catch the end of this portal madness! It’s going to be almost exclusively football recruiting but I will do my very best to post on all things Canes recruiting, as I am also running the OBB recruiting Twitter! I cannot thank all of you enough for your continued support and wonderful feedback as I have continued to grow and expand not only my knowledge base but my friends, contacts and confidants on here. As always, you can talk to me on private messages and now that includes feedback on my podcasts, I am always open to learning and perfecting my craft so please feel free to hit me up there anytime!

I really only hope I can continue to provide exciting and legitimate information going forward both on here and on my recruiting podcast but none of this would have been remotely possible without each of you continuing to encourage me to push myself, further my connections and share what I know. This place truly is unique and I could not ask for a better place to have been able to break out of my shell, so from the bottom of my heart thank you all so very much and I cannot wait to continue my journey and keep contributing to this amazing fanbase in whatever way I can!! Oh also, it goes without saying but…

Looking SO forward to the future of not only this program but also my own! THANK YOU AND GO CANES!! 🧡💚🧡💚

PODCAST HERE:

I have an android.

The apple podcast link doesn't seem to work for me.

Is there an alternative link for those without iphones?

Advertisement
over the next few weeks I will have Coach Duasso and Coach Chaney on as well as Ro coming back to do a breakdown of all our June and July recruiting pickups!

Awesome podcast, Leeds! Macho was a great choice to bring on your show. Hopefully his breakdown on what to expect from Gattis’ offense will calm some of the restless fans that are worried about what he’ll run.

Also thought that the discussion about NIL, and it’s potential to bring about a myriad of problems was 🔥🔥🔥.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho @LeedsCane great interview but I have many disagreements with what yall said. First of all the coach doesn't have to consider nobodies money, if the coach and the university didn't pay you a dime, why should they consider your NIL when evaluating your play.

Next thing you said you are worried that it's not gonna have kids motivated, that's wrong. First off by saying that it makes it seem every kid that doesnt have money is motivated because they don't have money and means, not true. Also why should the kids who are driven and motivated no matter what have to suffer so to speak because of lazy kids? How many 5 star busts long before NIL?

I'm gonna use multiple examples of why money doesn't change who you are fundamentally.

After Usain Bolt won the Olympic triple in 08, he was fine financially, yet he wanted to do It again in '12, he was double fine after that. Yet he did it again in 2016. That's his make up. Xavier Carter who is from Florida and went to LSU ran the fastest time in the 200m in like 06 for like 10 years, 19.63, Bolt got 4th in that race. Both guys went in opposite directions. Think Carter eventually went to Jail. That's 2 different guys with 2 different make ups, getting into money. Why should one guy suffer for the other?

Tom Brady didn't need to keep playing after leaving New England, none of the great athletes really need to keep playing but he is driven to work hard and win. JaMarcus Russell didn't become lazy and a codine addict when the raiders drafted him and gave him millions. He was already like this.

One more thing I'll use. Young Thug and YSL just got a rico indictment for gang banging, murders etc. These are rich people who claimed they needed to do all these things to get out the mud. Did they say ok let's switch up, move out the hood blah blah when they got millions in label deals, nope they bought more guns formed gangs etc.

Money is not the root of all evil, it exposes who you are. If a kid is lazy and gets money, he is gonna be lazy. If a kid is motivated and get money, he gonna pay for a trainer, he gonna work on his body etc.

It's on the coaches to scout these players more before recruiting them, find out what kinda person they are outside of football

The kids deserve the money cuz people are making billions on their backs. What they do with it, does not need to matter. End. Good podcast

Advertisement
over the next few weeks I will have Coach Duasso and Coach Chaney on as well as Ro coming back to do a breakdown of all our June and July recruiting pickups!

The anecdote from @Coach Macho about 90% of kids admitting they would rather have the game of their life and lose vs. winning while having a bad game blew my mind. High school coaches nowadays deserve every ounce of credit that comes their way

Advertisement
The audio on the Macho episode was horrible
I tried my best, there is very little I can do when it’s over the internet and he’s using a laptop. Trust me, this required a lot of patience and understanding from all parts involved. You want to contribute to a plane ticket so he can fly up here for the next one, by all means do so. Otherwise? Understand limitations that I cannot help.

@Coach Macho @LeedsCane great interview but I have many disagreements with what yall said. First of all the coach doesn't have to consider nobodies money, if the coach and the university didn't pay you a dime, why should they consider your NIL when evaluating your play.

Next thing you said you are worried that it's not gonna have kids motivated, that's wrong. First off by saying that it makes it seem every kid that doesnt have money is motivated because they don't have money and means, not true. Also why should the kids who are driven and motivated no matter what have to suffer so to speak because of lazy kids? How many 5 star busts long before NIL?

I'm gonna use multiple examples of why money doesn't change who you are fundamentally.

After Usain Bolt won the Olympic triple in 08, he was fine financially, yet he wanted to do It again in '12, he was double fine after that. Yet he did it again in 2016. That's his make up. Xavier Carter who is from Florida and went to LSU ran the fastest time in the 200m in like 06 for like 10 years, 19.63, Bolt got 4th in that race. Both guys went in opposite directions. Think Carter eventually went to Jail. That's 2 different guys with 2 different make ups, getting into money. Why should one guy suffer for the other?

Tom Brady didn't need to keep playing after leaving New England, none of the great athletes really need to keep playing but he is driven to work hard and win. JaMarcus Russell didn't become lazy and a codine addict when the raiders drafted him and gave him millions. He was already like this.

One more thing I'll use. Young Thug and YSL just got a rico indictment for gang banging, murders etc. These are rich people who claimed they needed to do all these things to get out the mud. Did they say ok let's switch up, move out the hood blah blah when they got millions in label deals, nope they bought more guns formed gangs etc.

Money is not the root of all evil, it exposes who you are. If a kid is lazy and gets money, he is gonna be lazy. If a kid is motivated and get money, he gonna pay for a trainer, he gonna work on his body etc.

It's on the coaches to scout these players more before recruiting them, find out what kinda person they are outside of football

The kids deserve the money cuz people are making billions on their backs. What they do with it, does not need to matter. End. Good podcast
You're not wrong.
I even said in the interview, I could be wrong and maybe I need to watch it play out before jumping to any conclusions.

I tried my best, there is very little I can do when it’s over the internet and he’s using a laptop. Trust me, this required a lot of patience and understanding from all parts involved. You want to contribute to a plane ticket so he can fly up here for the next one, by all means do so. Otherwise? Understand limitations that I cannot help.
Love your work. Keep going

Advertisement
Back