Opinions of the offense?

Advertisement
1. You can tell the play calling really vanilla.

2. Brevin and Mallory have to be involved in the passing game because our WRs are not dependable. Payton needs to get major burn and be prepared to take major snaps during the game.

3. The OL still has problems. The RB room and King are talented runners and makes the OL look serviceable.

4. The LBs are simply non-existent in this defense the past two years.

5. Ivey and Blades are going to give up big plays.

I don't think the yardage total really tells the whole story. In that case, the point total is completely underwhelming for that much yardage.

After watching the whole game, i think Lashlee PURPOSELY called a run-heavy game to test the OL and backs. Whether that was Manny's doing, or no, I don't know, but there was a reason DK let the backs take the option soooooften. That said, here is what i was thinking while drinking(LMAO):

I honestly felt Baker was the biggest issue of the game.
King needed to settle in on passes, but when he did, the calling went conservative.
Jarrid Williams was getting beat bad.

Advertisement
Is this what we've wanted for almost generation? Not saying good or bad, but def. a mixed performance. Our RB's are absolutely CFB elite level. Amazing game from them. This offense still had only about 20 minutes of good football, including a total fizz out in the 4th quarter. It showed what it was capable of in that 3rd quarter, though. Mixed feelings.
RBs are not elite after one game. Wait and see approach for me.

That Oline gotta get more push! I though they should have done a better job against this team! This team was senior Ladin doe! Oline still gotta get better if they wanna win this thing! King look pretty good tonight he the real deal! Cam was outstanding and so were the freshmen! It was the first game and a new system! Just hope that OLine gets better and should be in good shape

Advertisement
I'm more concerned with the passing ability and how we hardly utilized our TE's but I do believe we were holding out most of the sophisticated plays for week 2

Ehhhh

we probably win two or three more games last year

But no matter what that’s not a bad start for a new offense, QB who hadn’t played in a year himself and not to mention Covid

Advertisement
WR is the biggest problem. We should have gone after a grad transfer again. Our guys just aren't getting separation.

Advertisement
We need to get stronger on offense and at Linebacker, we are not holding up on blocks nor are the linebackers taking on The blocks

shrug2.gif

Advertisement
Back