Opening line UH

I was gonna respond similarly but you put it perfectly. You just look at them physically and other than Tramon Mark all the body types of their contributors you could imagine they played football. Bunch of wide shouldered, stout guys who can go. Multiple 6'8 230-240 guys. They aren't really post threats but Omier is gonna need to put in another shift down low. Houston couldn't stop fouling Auburn but Auburn was trash from the line. Can Miami's quickness put that same type of pressure on them? We'll see.
Their big men all shot 70% ish. From ft line

Advertisement
LOL! Riiiight! You were the guy that picked Farleigh ****erson in your bracket because you knew how much Purdue sucked...except you didn't because Purdue was ranked in the top 10 all year pretty much and was correctly rewarded with a #1 seed. Indiana spanked them. Twice. Indiana beat them when they were #1 and when they were #5.

The victories are valid.

The victories are exactly what they are, our opinions don't matter. It's not a question of validity or not, it's a question of value.

We know exactly how good these teams ended up being this year, vs. wild pre-season or early speculation. We can see their records, where they finished in their conference, their rankings, etc. I never said Purdue sucked, and I didn't pick FDU, but the way Purdue went out certainly denigrates who they were in 22/23. Those were better wins a week ago then they are today, after a neutral court Quad 4 loss when it really mattered. Arguably the worst loss in the history of the NCAAs. That's just a fact, not an opinion.

The UNC victory was over a team that didn't even make the NCAA tournament and ended up sucking, as opposed to being a win against a team that many thought was the best team in the country in the pre-season. That's just a fact, not an opinion.

Etc.

They don't calculate your final SOS in November. Everything your opponents do all year aggregates. As I said, those wins weren't as great as they seemed to be at the time of the game. We have a larger data set, we know exactly, literally EXACTLY who those teams ended up being in 22/23.

Last edited:
This is according to the bull**** KenPom which has the ******* MWC as better than the ACC. The other mathematical tools are tools, they aren't facts. The ACC is 1000x better and harder than the AAC -- this is not rocket science. Our guys have gone through a gauntlet, whereas Houston has played a bunch of nobodies.
Im just presenting the facts. The facts say your team has gone through an easier gauntlet than Houston. :(

Advertisement
Their big men all shot 70% ish. From ft line
The guy Houston kept sending to the line was the Auburn center. He went 6-16. In a half where Auburn got tighter and tighter with every missed shot, him not stemming the Houston run with points from the line was big. He's only a 56% FT shooter overall and he was much worse in the game. Houston ranks 169th in fouls per game. Miami ranks 14th. In reality it is just about a 2.5 fouls per game difference but in round two they sent Auburn to the line 36 times. Shead and Sasser sat a long time with 4 fouls.

If their guards can't defend Miami without fouling it really changes the game. Miami scored 85 points against Indiana, tied with Creighton for the most points scored in the second round. Creighton did it by going 22-22 at the line. Miami did it going 8-13. If Houston sends Miami to the line 20+ times Miami wins.

Last edited:
The guy Houston kept sending to the line was the Auburn center. He went 6-16. In a half where Auburn got tighter and tighter with every missed shot, him not stemming the Houston run with points from the line was big. He's only a 56% FT shooter overall and he was much worse in the game. Houston ranks 169th in fouls per game. Miami ranks 14th. In reality it is just about a 2.5 fouls per game difference but in round two they sent Auburn to the line 36 times. Shead and Sasser sat a long time with 4 fouls.

If their guards can't defend Miami without fouling it really changes the game. Miami scored 85 points against Indiana, tied with Creighton for the most points scored in the second round. Creighton did it by going 22-22 at the line. Miami did it going 8-13. If Houston is sends Miami to the line 20+ times Miami wins.
Don’t forget Houston’s offense ranks higher than Miami’s. Houston is licking its chops knowing they get to play your 118th ranked defense that gives up 100+ points to Ivy League teams. There is no logical way you can explain that Miami has a path to win this game on paper. Houston is superior in Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, athleticism and physicality. Miami’s path to victory is that they will need to get hot and make shots with hands in their face and have the ball bounce their way. I anticipate a 82-62 Houston victory.

Last edited:
Don’t forget Houston’s offense ranks higher than Miami’s. Houston is kicking its chops knowing they get to play your 118th ranked defense that gives up 100+ points to Ivy League teams. There is no logical way you can explain that Miami has a path to win this game on paper. Houston is superior in Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, athleticism and physicality. Miami’s path to victory is that they will need to get hot and make shots with hands in their face and have the ball bounce their way. I anticipate a 82-62 Houston victory.
What Miami did in November has as much bearing on this game as Houston scoring 55 points at home and losing to a .500 Temple team. Going into the Auburn game, Houston had faced 4 power 5 opponents and hadn't broken 70. They were well on their way to doing that again until Tramon Mark took over with Sasser and Shead on the bench. Throw in another 53 point outing against WCC co-champion St. Mary's. Scored 72, 65 and 67 against Memphis. Two of your top 3 guards are now 1-16 combined on 3s in this tournament. Maybe they're due?

Houston is the favorite and they should be but they have not played down the stretch like a team capable of beating this Miami team by 20. A team that has lost one double digit game all year. It was the second game of a back to back in a neutral site tournament. Miami's metrics had them ranked as the 35th best team in Net Ranking in the country going into the tournament. A point of contention on this board all year. This is a team that for whatever reason has a play style that does them no favors in the numbers measuring contest but serves them well in winning games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was gonna respond similarly but you put it perfectly. You just look at them physically and other than Tramon Mark all the body types of their contributors you could imagine they played football. Bunch of wide shouldered, stout guys who can go. Multiple 6'8 230-240 guys. They aren't really post threats but Omier is gonna need to put in another shift down low. Houston couldn't stop fouling Auburn but Auburn was trash from the line. Can Miami's quickness put that same type of pressure on them? We'll see.
Don’t fall for the tight *** extra medium unis trick Houston wears!

Don’t forget Houston’s offense ranks higher than Miami’s. Houston is kicking its chops knowing they get to play your 118th ranked defense that gives up 100+ points to Ivy League teams. There is no logical way you can explain that Miami has a path to win this game on paper. Houston is superior in Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, athleticism and physicality. Miami’s path to victory is that they will need to get hot and make shots with hands in their face and have the ball bounce their way. I anticipate a 82-62 Houston victory.
You’re a Houston fan.

week GIF

Advertisement
I apologize if my username did not make it clear which team I support, but I believe my posts should have left no doubt. Nevertheless, thank you for clarifying it for anyone who may have been uncertain.
No need to apologize, baby doll. My forum name on CougerDigest is Houston4Lyfe.

Could happen.

Hope it doesn’t.

Love the narrative tho. Keep it coming.

If their guards can't defend Miami without fouling it really changes the game. Miami scored 85 points against Indiana, tied with Creighton for the most points scored in the second round. Creighton did it by going 22-22 at the line. Miami did it going 8-13. If Houston sends Miami to the line 20+ times Miami wins.
Great analysis!

Advertisement
Not me. Houston is the scariest. Houston played like crud , and barely lost to Bama at Bama.
Brandon Miller went 0/8 from the field in this game. If anything, Bama played like “crud” and still overcame a 14 pt deficit to beat Houston.

@IndayArtHauz - LOL

It’s OK that you’re not a Miami fan, but at least be honest about it

@IndayArtHauz - LOL

It’s OK that you’re not a Miami fan, but at least be honest about it
Hey, just wanted to clarify something real quick - I'm actually a Houston fan (as you may have already noticed from my username). I'm not claiming to support Miami, but I do want to offer some insight and help you all understand the challenges that Miami is up against. And hey, if your team manages to overcome those challenges and pull off a win, it'll be an even sweeter victory knowing all the hard work they put in. So keep the faith and keep cheering your team on!

Advertisement
Back