Opening line UH

Miami will have to play its best game of the year to win this one. That doesn't mean a perfect game, but it will require a **** good one.

Advertisement
We have to do to them what they want to do to us. We have to defend, trap at right time, keep them out of rhythm on offense, and most importantly, box out. I expect we see L empty the defensive playbook right back at them, try to rattle them early with defense turning into offense and hope to keep them playing catch up. Do that and play the odds on the 3's falling. If they shoot really well from 3, they will be **** to beat.

I mean I can say the same..for myself personally. So we’re level. No one was discrediting you. I asked how much you watch. But everyone here is sensitive don’t worry about it bro
Its all good,, I'm not sensitive bro, simply responding to your comment about how much I watch. That comment, in general, is made to discredit somebody's opinion. An ad hominem attack.

I responded like that so we move beyond that and discuss substantive ball.

What was Houston's most impressive win this season? I'll go watch the tape right now.

Its all good,, I'm not sensitive bro, simply responding to your comment about how much I watch. That comment, in general, is made to discredit somebody's opinion. An ad hominem attack.

I responded like that so we move beyond that and discuss substantive ball.

What was Houston's most impressive win this season? I'll go watch the tape right now.
I wasn’t attempting to discredit anyone tho. I know pros who don’t watch the sport they play if it’s not film. But if you ask ME the best win we had was the buzzer beater @ Memphis but I have my own reasoning for that. If you want a bet sense of where we are currently watch the Bama game where they came back to win. We’re closer to the team that dominated them the first half right now

Indiana beat #5 Purdue twice, #24 Rutgers,#18 Wisconsin, MichSt(still in tournament),#1 North Carolina

Auburn beat #13 Arkansas, #12 Tennesse

Purdue was the biggest first round overrated flame-out in NCAA history, and Rutgers, Wisconsin and UNC didn't even make the 64 team tourney. Even Mich St., who yes, are 2-0 in the NCAA's, is an unranked team that went 11-8 in the conference this season.

We have a lot more data and info on who these teams were now. Those "big" wins weren't quite the accomplishment they seemed to be at the time.

Advertisement
Miami snuck by a bad Drake team. The whole survive and advance narrative when Miami wins is all that’s said. But when another team does it, you use it as ammo. A win against an Indiana team that everyone here was saying was so overrated and over seeded has all of the sudden turned into a top 5 win.

Nobody said Miami wasn’t good or being disrespected. But the idea that Houston isn’t really ******* good and a tough matchup, (my opinion the worst) is delusional.

Y’all refuse to be level headed about anything

Exactly who said Houston isn’t any good?

Chilllll with the Phillies talk. They were playing with house money all last postseason. We were just happy to be there.

Also go Dusty Baker.
I was thinking the same thing. Im a Phillies, Dolphins, Magic and U of Miami fan so I haven't had a lot to brag abiut in my 20 plus years of fan hood. But the Phillies fans did not want Houston. Most of us would say we wanted the Yanks because they weren't very good. Houston was always going to be tough and halfway thru the world series the phils just forgot how to hit the **** ball. Ugh I'm still not over that. I really need Miami to make a deeeeep run and win this thing. It's been too long since a team or mine won anything( 08.Phillies actually only team to win a championship for me Lol.)

Don’t overthink it Miami has been in every situation imaginable it’s not like we are playing a NBA team.
This. I made a comment that they have trouble scoring at times and we can be on the same level athletically (we have two guys people suggest play football for us, another guy who can jump over a palm tree, and prob a player with top 5 footwork in all of cbb right now) and was told I was crazy.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. Im a Phillies, Dolphins, Magic and U of Miami fan so I haven't had a lot to brag abiut in my 20 plus years of fan hood. But the Phillies fans did not want Houston. Most of us would say we wanted the Yanks because they weren't very good. Houston was always going to be tough and halfway thru the world series the phils just forgot how to hit the **** ball. Ugh I'm still not over that. I really need Miami to make a deeeeep run and win this thing. It's been too long since a team or mine won anything( 08.Phillies actually only team to win a championship for me Lol.)
I was at game 3, was easily the best game I’ve watched with my father and then we went to game 5. You know how that went…

They have trouble scoring at times. Their best player is also dealing with a groin which can be very nagging. One thing they won’t do is out athlete us. They’re def not as battle tested as us either they played in a dog **** aac. I like our chances.
Careful, Houston ranks a few spots ahead of Miami regarding strength of schedule. Appears Miami has sustained a few more losses against a statistically easier schedule than Houston has played.

I would say yes in the OOC. I just think for the last two months they haven’t played as deep a schedule as the acc even as bad as it is. But I never understand those computer metrics anyway so you’re prob right!

Careful, Houston ranks a few spots ahead of Miami regarding strength of schedule. Appears Miami has sustained a few more losses against a statistically easier schedule than Houston has played.
Ohhh wow yeah game 3 was awesome. All those home runs. The next 3 games sucked! This year they will get there again and finish it this time! Just like our Canes.

Advertisement
I guarantee this line goes down simply because it’s too high. Of course everyone expects Houston to win where have we seen where that seed stuff just doesn’t work.

Purdue was the biggest first round overrated flame-out in NCAA history, and Rutgers, Wisconsin and UNC didn't even make the 64 team tourney. Even Mich St., who yes, are 2-0 in the NCAA's, is an unranked team that went 11-8 in the conference this season.

We have a lot more data and info on who these teams were now. Those "big" wins weren't quite the accomplishment they seemed to be at the time.
LOL! Riiiight! You were the guy that picked Farleigh ****erson in your bracket because you knew how much Purdue sucked...except you didn't because Purdue was ranked in the top 10 all year pretty much and was correctly rewarded with a #1 seed. Indiana spanked them. Twice. Indiana beat them when they were #1 and when they were #5.

The victories are valid.

Advertisement
This is according to the bull**** KenPom which has the ******* MWC as better than the ACC. The other mathematical tools are tools, they aren't facts. The ACC is 1000x better and harder than the AAC -- this is not rocket science. Our guys have gone through a gauntlet, whereas Houston has played a bunch of nobodies.

This is according to the bull**** KenPom which has the ******* MWC as better than the ACC. The other mathematical tools are tools, they aren't facts. The ACC is 1000x better and harder than the AAC -- this is not rocket science. Our guys have gone through a gauntlet, whereas Houston has played a bunch of nobodies.
The last time Houston played an offense as good as ours it was Alabama. And they lost. If we reach 75 I like our chances. The ACC is worthy competition.

Advertisement
Back