Opening line UH

I honestly dont know. I could see a Coogs blowout or a close Canes win. Hoping for the later. Despite all the noise and disrespect about UH in the AAC and SOS, they are are very very tough athletic team. But, our Canes are too!
Yeah. I’m along the same line of thinking. If Miami loses I don’t think they cover. They either win a tight one or houston defense controls the game

Advertisement
Lets talk about that first round pick. I cant see a 6'8 post player doing much in the NBA. He has zero outside game, can not score outside the paint. What do you see him doing in the pros?
He's a quick leaper, physical and can score contested shots inside. Plus he's 240lbs. That compensates for being an inch or 2 short. He'll need a mid range game but I see the potential.

Well you mention defensive effeciency when discussing Houston, but ignore when talking about Miami - just focused on Scoring. More to it than that fella, and the seeding folks look at it all, not like a myopic fan like you.

Was trying to be nice by leaving out defensive efficiency. I thought your were one of the non casuals and did not just make up stats and knew Miami ranked 118 or so in defensive efficiency. No need to be rude especially when I’ve only provided facts.

Fella - your self awareness that the whole world recognizes Houston area codes is laughable. 713 and 281 are NOT the same as 305. Back to the drawing board. And I am a Houston fan by Kids degrees relationship, but a long long time Cane fan. I live on Houston and Florida. Go to Coogs games, go to Canes games. About as unbiased as there is on this board, and your posts are myopic.
Sorry, I’m only sharing facts and correcting your fan base who does not understand Miami had a similar strength of schedule as Houston and that they rank below Houston in OE and DE. There is a reason the line is 7 points. It is what it’s. No need to be rude because you don’t like the facts

Sorry, I’m only sharing facts and correcting your fan base who does not understand Miami had a similar strength of schedule as Houston and that they rank below Houston in OE and DE. There is a reason the line is 7 points. It is what it’s. No need to be rude because you don’t like the facts
I just wanna point out to the board, I did NONE of what this brother is doing on a Miami board right now and y’all jumped down my throat 😭 so I don’t wanna hear any y’all don’t have any dislike for me. Y’all don’t even read my posts

Advertisement
, I’m only sharing facts and correcting your fan base who does not understand Miami had a similar strength of schedule as Houston and that they rank below Houston in OE and DE. There is a reason the line is 7 points. It is what it’s. No need to be rude because you don’t like the facts
I get all that and it is all about style. You are a visitor here. You started with some partial data to make your case and inserted foot. Now you say simliar SOS but in an earlier post you were using SOS and an argument. Guests dont come in and half bake their talking point on this forum. Yes UH is favored, now move on.

Was trying to be nice by leaving out defensive efficiency. I thought your were one of the non casuals and did not just make up stats and knew Miami ranked 118 or so in defensive efficiency. No need to be rude especially when I’ve only provided facts.
OMG - .

I get all that and it is all about style. You are a visitor here. You started with some partial data to make your case and inserted foot. Now you say simliar SOS but in an earlier post you were using SOS and an argument. Guests dont come in and half bake their talking point on this forum. Yes UH is favored, now move on.
Nothing half baked. I responded to claims that we played a cupcake schedule by letting you know we technically had a tougher strength of schedule. Again, just helping you guys understand the real facts. I’m not making any of these stats up.

Nothing half baked. I responded to claims that we played a cupcake schedule by letting you know we technically had a tougher strength of schedule. Again, just helping you guys understand the real facts. I’m not making any of these stats up.
But you dont do full research podner. Pomeroy adjuste schedule strenght - Miami 77, Houston 90. That is the problem with your approach - you are cherry picking your "facts" Chill out and have a conversation, not a half baked facts presentation.

Advertisement
But you dont do full research podner. Pomeroy adjuste schedule strenght - Miami 77, Houston 90. That is the problem with your approach - you are cherry picking your "facts" Chill out and have a conversation, not a half baked facts presentation.
We are on the same page friend. Miami and Houston are neck and neck strength of schedule wise. I pulled my stats from Team Rankings. I did not apply any filters and did not alter the data just typed in strength of schedule rankings. I Posted the link in another thread. This conversation started because I responded to someone claiming we played a cupcake schedule.

Nobody here needs your help. Nobody said Houston played a cupcake schedule. We get it. The metrics say Houston played an incrementally "tougher" schedule. All I'm saying is that those 6 tough games in November/December are doing a ton of heavy lifting, and that the one advantage we might have is being a little more salted at this point in the year. Whatever the NET rankings say, in February, I'd rather be playing at Temple or Wichita or Tulane... than at Wake Forest or North Carolina or Syracuse...

Nobody here needs your help. Nobody said Houston played a cupcake schedule. We get it. The metrics say Houston played an incrementally "tougher" schedule. All I'm saying is that those 6 tough games in November/December are doing a ton of heavy lifting, and that the one advantage we might have is being a little more salted at this point in the year. Whatever the NET rankings say, in February, I'd rather be playing at Temple or Wichita or Tulane... than at Wake Forest or North Carolina or Syracuse...
I agree with all of this. Houston is beyond excited to join the Big 12 next season and do not expect to be a 3 loss team.

Advertisement
Hey, just wanted to clarify something real quick - I'm actually a Houston fan (as you may have already noticed from my username). I'm not claiming to support Miami, but I do want to offer some insight and help you all understand the challenges that Miami is up against. And hey, if your team manages to overcome those challenges and pull off a win, it'll be an even sweeter victory knowing all the hard work they put in. So keep the faith and keep cheering your team on!

You must have a couple of identities here because I wouldn’t guess you were a Houston fan from your user name. That must be your other user name.

Yeah. I’m along the same line of thinking. If Miami loses I don’t think they cover. They either win a tight one or houston defense controls the game

Did Houston blow out a single good team they faced this year other than Auburn?

Seems like all their games against decent teams were close. Maybe Oral Roberts is decent or maybe they just ran train over a truly awful conference.

Houston certainly didn’t have a win close to as impressive as our win over duke… and really nothing as impressive as our win over Indiana either.

Lol at comparing the AAC to the ACC. All the metrics in the world can’t change the fact that the average quality of athlete and basketball player is orders of magnitude better in the ACC than the AAC. It’s not even in the same universe.

Advertisement
Did Houston blow out a single good team they faced this year other than Auburn?

Seems like all their games against decent teams were close. Maybe Oral Roberts is decent or maybe they just ran train over a truly awful conference.

Houston certainly didn’t have a win close to as impressive as our win over duke… and really nothing as impressive as our win over Indiana either.

Lol at comparing the AAC to the ACC. All the metrics in the world can’t change the fact that the average quality of athlete and basketball player is orders of magnitude better in the ACC than the AAC. It’s not even in the same universe.
I get what you’re saying. All I’m saying is that Miami’s style of play with Houston’s style of play is usually a bad mix and those are the teams they blow out IF they win. Arizona was high powered like that and we did them dirty with a weaker team last year. I’m not saying houston wins at all. I’m saying that’s typically how it happens if it happens. We beat them as 5 seed when they were a 1 and the game was much worse than the 12 point victory it ended up being. That said Miami is the best team we’ve played all year (better than Bama imo) we’ll see

2 number 1 seeds have gone down. Throw out all the metrics. What Miami does is create chaos and that leads to steals and breakaways. Miami spaces on offense if you take that away you have a chance to beat Miami. Same with Houston they are mirror images of each other. Simple nothing complicated. It’s gonna be intense that you can count on.

LoL, no they aren't. BFG, they boat raced a mediocre Auburn team in the second half. Auburn had no business being in the tournament. They were 4-9 in their last 13 SEC games.

No team is being disrespected more in this tournament than Miami. ESPN just reclassified the Sweet Sixteen and we come in #13. WTF
I liked SouthPark better. anyway. Terrific season for Houston. Sometimes the bear gets you. See us against KU last year. Crazy tournament. Peace.

Advertisement
Back