[OP has a question about] Cyrus Moss

Moss is a project with incredible upside. He's still a year or maybe even two out.

I remember some guys on here saying he would be taking starting snaps last season lol. At least this season he'll see the field and be a force on STs. I'm sure Guidry can figure out how to use him in his defense. But if he's setting the edge, our opponents will be running straight at and over him.

Advertisement
We should see him this year in Guidry’s scheme. He was a safety at Gorman for 2 years. If you’re trying to build a Hybrid LB/Pass Rusher like Micah then there is it.
Thought of guys like Moss when I was listening to Lance break down how Guidry utilized undersized guys at Marshall. That segment was awesome

Advertisement
The WR1 we’ve been missing was here all along!!
feel-me-think-about-it.gif

He looks super light. Moss might need another year on the bench. I think year 3 is his year to get playing time
He needs to show signs of being able to add weight this offseason. Bulk, take the year to adjust and stabilize and then hopefully cook this year. If he’s looking like this come summer camp…not a great sign

Looks like a freshman tightend. He needs alot of weight.

That's maybe being generous. I'd be surprised if he could add and carry a lot of weight. A lot of that is determined by your frame and he doesn't have it to bulk up a lot. I remember when we were recruiting him and thought he doesn't look like a DE.

Advertisement
Maybe in a year or 2 but he’s at least a year away from making an impact. Not only is he still light but he also has a real narrow frame
Speed is elite. He’s going to be rush end and dropping back in the flat for coverage.

He’s set. You’ll see

Can one of the resident S&C experts explain the objective of this drill/exercise? The player is diving and reaching full extension. Not sure how that is relevant to a football game other than it might come in handy if there is a fumble. 😎

All kidding aside…I’m curious as to the functional and physiological benefits of such a drill.
@AlexCane @AlphaMarshan

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was always 2 years away from the field when he signed, but just being honest his body looks like it hasn't changed at all. and year 1 in a serious strength and conditioning/nutrition program you typically see huge gains. That does seem to be the case here.

Advertisement
Back