[OP has a question about] Cyrus Moss

He's already 230 Pounds
Great if he's up to 230, but may be close to his max. Don't imagine Jason Taylor was much bigger in college.

Note:
In November 1996, Gary Wichard flew to Ohio to recruit a spindly college linebacker out of the University of Akron who wore No. 33. At first glance, Jason Taylor looked like a safety. Or a receiver. Or a small forward in basketball. But Wichard saw him as an NFL defensive end, even though the kid barely weighed 230.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I've seen him in person on a couple occasions. He's got that bball athlete physique--long limbed and lean. And as someone noted, he also don't have a huge frame. Those folks *tend* to be hardgainers. I'm guessing, but he doesn't seem like a kid who's ever going to be 240+; and he might be the type that doesn't mature physically until 24-28.

I guess the question is, can the DC find a way to get an undersized rusher to contribute, or is he doomed to be a "weight room project" his entire career. Based on his speed/length attributes, can he be an asset in the passing game or against running QBs where he might have the speed to run with QBs (say, for example, against a guy like Travis).

Different position, but similar size/weight issue is DeVonta Smith. Great player. Watching Super Bowl & couldn't get over how rail thin/slender he is.

I saw him at Publix on Super Bowl Sunday. He was dressed in baggy clothes which was a bit unusual. And best guess is he doesn’t weigh more than 210 or so. Narrow frame. Thin legs. Thin shoulders. Looks like a basketball player as said earlier

Advertisement
I saw him at Publix on Super Bowl Sunday. He was dressed in baggy clothes which was a bit unusual. And best guess is he doesn’t weigh more than 210 or so. Narrow frame. Thin legs. Thin shoulders. Looks like a basketball player as said earlier
Why was it a bit unusual that he was in baggy clothes??

C7B2B0A7-3D28-40CB-967A-4696D04244FC.jpeg

Ignore the giant, 90’s shoulder pads and focus on Jason Taylor’s arms and legs when he was in college. You’re looking at a 225lb DE here.

View attachment 229977

Ignore the giant, 90’s shoulder pads and focus on Jason Taylor’s arms and legs when he was in college. You’re looking at a 225lb DE here.
JT said not long ago he maxed out between 240-245. The nfl always for some reason listed him at 260-265. Moss looks like he’d max out physically around 235.

Why was it a bit unusual that he was in baggy clothes??
because it was hot AF and he had a ton of baggy clothes on. looked unusual for the weather. i said hello and he was a super nice kid. they were buying foodstuffs and beverages for the super bowl.

Advertisement
because it was hot AF and he had a ton of baggy clothes on. looked unusual for the weather. i said hello and he was a super nice kid. they were buying foodstuffs and beverages for the super bowl.
Lol He must be adapting to this Miami lifestyle. I see kids all the time walking around outside with a sweater on, and it be in the high 90⁰s!

Advertisement
Back