one of the toughest jobs Ed Reed will have this offseason...

What makes you think Cam should go?
You think he is day 2 pick?????
I’m not so sure of that
If he’s projected to be a 4th-7th w current body
Of work, and he can improve it, he should stay.

these
**** kids have been so dumb over the past ten years leaving early imo

Last years RB class was deepest it has been in a minute but this year, opposite. After Etienne, its a free for all...Cam keeps doing what he is doing and runs sub 4.5 in Indy at 210+..he can very well be a day 2 pick IMO.

Advertisement
Players leaving early despite a low draft projection is clearly a problem in the Miami culture. Or, had been a problem. Players were stagnanting under Golden and Richt. No reason to stay.

Posters reference Clemson players returning but need to realize, and they do, those players saw a shot at a national championship the following season. Miami players saw yet another poor season in their future. The Canes lockerroom had to be a miserable place.

I am hoping Ed Reed can provide insight to the truth of trying to make an NFL roster. More truth than tall tales told by a low-level agent.

I am hoping the season ends strong and players see a chance at an ACC title, the CFP, and NC in 2021. The team is truly ‘trending upward’. If King can be convinced to return we have a shot.

Naive? No doubt.

I’ll tell u this Nesta is not coming back haha. I mean I wish he would be but he just isn’t

will be convincing draft eligible players not going in the 1st round to come back. lets face it, we probably lose cam and brevin is a no brainer. given our history of losing anyone projected in the 5th round or worse, Ed's influence and experience (coming back for another year) may be able to convince guys to come back and make a run next year.

if not, we stand to lose potentially cam, brevin, bolden, Philips, nesta, blades.

maybe Ed can convince king and the others not projected in the 1st 2 rounds to come back, which we haven't been able to do in a long time.
This is one of the biggest issues facing this program if not college football in general. In light of this, having someone like Ed Reed is invaluable. The fact is that being considered a 1st round draft choice is not easy to accomplish and it isn't all about having God given talent. Those kids on our great teams like Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Jon Vilma etc all had natural talent but that's not all they had. Those kids had a work ethic far beyond what most could possibly imagine. Those kids were driven by the desire to be the best and they were fully invested and were willing to pay the high price it took to get there. That high price is work, focus and an unrelenting commitment to be the best on every single snap. Those players valued winning and that meant winning titles. Reggie Wayne, Ed Reed and many others didn't have to come back for their senior year but they did. Those players came back because the opportunity to win a national title was something that they clearly valued. In fact they placed such a high value on it that they were willing to defer financial rewards that were certainly there for them after their junior season.

Lately you have kids that feel that they are good and ready for the NFL as soon as they begin flashing on a consistent basis. They get to that point where they begin to see themselves getting better and making some plays and they think that's it, I'm gone lol and that's a shame.

Players like Silvera and Blades for example would greatly benefit coming back for their senior years in order to continue learning the finer points of the game in addition to going for a title IMO. I believe they do themselves a disservice when they leave before they are ready. Now do not misunderstand. Those players have every right to try to sell their skills on the open market. I just think that too often these kids buy into their own hype based on back to back games that they balled out in thinking the the process of development is complete when it is only just beginning.

To be fair there are players that probably should go pro. Brevin Jordan is a great example of this. You watch Brevin play and it seems so effortless for him. Players of Jordan's caliber honestly do not come around as often as we may lead ourselves to believe. Brevin Jordan is a rare player. Believe it or not I think Jordan too could benefit from another year if not to make a run at a title then to keep getting better but in this case that's just not necessary unless it's something that he really wants to do.

Cam Harris is another example of someone who probably should go pro but for different reasons than Jordan. In the case of Harris, he plays a position that has a very limited shelf life, outlier freaks like Frank Gore notwithstanding. In addition to this in the case of Harris, he will have maximized the value gained by being in college. In other words, he is as good as he is going to be so he needs to cash his chips in asap.

Last edited:
ed and all those guys did themselves a benefit by coming back and winning a NC. not one lowered their draft position and I'd say they all probably improved their draft status by coming back. I'm sure they all are happy they did so and have something no one can ever take away from them and I bet others wish they had as well, in hindsight.

but to imply ed won't have a hand or say in trying to change this culture of leaving for 5th round money, whether asked by Manny or not, is idiotic.

Advertisement
I think players will see that if they stay we may have a shot at the ACC. Really hinges on king staying tho. Also lash staying. Next year Clemson won’t have sunshine or ETN. They are their bread and butter. Without those guys they are significantly weaker. I pray our guys can see this. Probably won’t. We got nesta posting on social that he can’t keep his mom waiting anymore. Like dang man. Maybe they can wait a little longer with the NIL bag

will be convincing draft eligible players not going in the 1st round to come back. lets face it, we probably lose cam and brevin is a no brainer. given our history of losing anyone projected in the 5th round or worse, Ed's influence and experience (coming back for another year) may be able to convince guys to come back and make a run next year.

if not, we stand to lose potentially cam, brevin, bolden, Philips, nesta, blades.

maybe Ed can convince king and the others not projected in the 1st 2 rounds to come back, which we haven't been able to do in a long time.
I was thinking the same thing. Every last one of those guys need to come back including king.

Advertisement
Nesta has shown some flashes but good lord, cmon man. Blades is solid but I dont think anywhere close to a no brainer decision to leave early. I bet they both return. Cam is probably gone if he continues as he has.

I hope our coaches are ready to recruit our juniors man. Cause if not they better have their replacements ready to rock and roll. The one I have a bad feeling about is gurvan. Got this strange feeling he pulls a bandy

Advertisement
King and Lashlee agreeing to come back in 2021

shakeee.jpg

Would love to have Williams and Borregales too.

If seeing how other Cane players have lost out doesn't shape perspective, what makes you think Ed Reed has some magical sauce?

Listen, when the agents get in their ear all reality is tossed out the window. In fact, 90% of players believe they are better than the projections. This belief has carried them this far.

Football is a very grinding sport, why not get paid for it? This is the thought process for the overwhelming majority of players.

The only exception to this rule has consistently been Clemson.
Yeah, some big exception$.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back