one of the toughest jobs Ed Reed will have this offseason...

Advertisement
Frierson might bounce too. **** Ivey wouldn’t surprise me either. Hopefully Reed helps these guys realize they still gotta get better before making the jump.

With this extra year, it's going to be interesting to see what transpires. I hope for the players sakes they make the right decision and surely ER20 can provide some insight.

Not canes related per se, but I think this Covid thing has set a new precedent for the top players. Opting out wasn’t a thing. The only one who kind of did it was Bosa, but that was injury related.
Even when the world goes back to “normal” Ithink you might see some guys done at 2 years and opt out of their Jr year. Under the right circumstances.

Advertisement
How about king.

with the new player likeness $$$ available they need to show king that a 4-7 round pick can get cut right away and end up with a signing bonus and a pink slip.
1 more year of king PLEASE
If the qb comes back that could influence others and perhaps start to change a culture.

look at Ettienne in Clemson. He came back. It can be done.
It seems like everyone at Clem$on comes back. Now with the new monetary incentives we can now provide maybe we can do what they been doing for years.

There are differences. May not be obvious, but they exist.

I'll give you one example. For the Miami players who have jumped too soon, most of them got their "overly optimistic information" from agents and runners.

On the other hand, if you have an NFL HOF'er to talk with, a guy who is known for giving straight-talk, and a guy who has a lot of connections, those same kids might take his advice more seriously than, say, their own position coach. This is one of the reasons why I was in favor of hiring Alonzo Highsmith (before Ed Reed emerged as a candidate), because you had a history of Alonzo being an evaluator for NFL teams.

Again, you can't just sum it up with one overly simplistic word like "culture". That is certainly part of it. But I think that honesty and trust are important too, and you need a counterpoint to the poison that agents/runners are dripping in these kids' ears.
That’s what I thought the impact would be, when ER was brought on board. Thanks!

Advertisement
Selfishly Cam coming back would be great. I see your point on Brevin that's why I alluded to possibly 2nd round. Other than Pitts I'm not sure of many other TEs coming out that would get high looks from scouts. It's Jordan and Pitts IMO. Brevin is a complete TE, Pitts probably a better receiver.

If King stays and we're cooking this season I'd respect the **** out of all of them if they came back to make a run.

Pat Freiermuth at Penn St is another potential Rd 1 TE.

King and Lashlee agreeing to come back in 2021

shakeee.jpg

Advertisement
If guys are high round picks I have zero problem with them going. Bubba, Philips, Brevin, Roche, Cam, & maybe Blades will all be 3rd round selections or better. We will be able to sell that. Also, we are very ******* talented this year. We might be the real McCoy.

Very talented this year and years past. We just NEEDED great coaching. Mental plays a big friggin part of the equation. Our young men just needed some guidance and leadership. Being winners again.

Advertisement
Cam should not stay. RBs with film should declare. He has enough for scouts to evaluate. Brevin is no worse than 2nd round and should go (probably 1st round).
What makes you think Cam should go?
You think he is day 2 pick?????
I’m not so sure of that
If he’s projected to be a 4th-7th w current body
Of work, and he can improve it, he should stay.

these
**** kids have been so dumb over the past ten years leaving early imo

I agree, but culture change (often) = better decisions made. Depends how the rest of the season plays out I guess

In the past, why come back to lose a buttload of games?

It's a bit different when you're winning - and having fun - enabling you to hone your skills for the draft after graduation.

They're all gone, just enjoy the season & accept it.

It's on the staff to develop the guys behind them & get them ready to play for next year.

Can't keep hiding behind transfers every year & expecting them to bail you out from doing your job, unless your strategy is to just ransack the Portal every year, then that defeats the purpose of recruiting in the first place.

But hoping against hope that these kids don't all declare early is only going to leave you disappointed. ****, Rousseau should still be playing this year even with being a projected 1st rounder, we're lucky Brevin didn't opt out.

This is just the new era of college football, until these kids have an incentive to stay in school, they're gonna leave the first chance they get, whether it's a good idea or not, no sense in getting mad at'em, just enjoy the players we got & hope they're good enough fast enough to help us win games.

If yall are expecting kids to stay in school for 4+ years, I suggest you build a time machine.

I don't think most think top kids are staying 4 years.

What many fans are frustrated seeing is kids getting bad advice from family/friends or shady agents and jumping to the pros simply to be Day 3 or UDFA pickup when they are not quite ready and have an opportunity to come back and develop more. If more did, the team would theoretically be better, give those returning players opportunity to play better with a better surrounding cast. Is it somewhat selfish? Sure, i can buy that....Canes fans want to watch good teams. But what Miami fan doesn't want these kids to be drafted high and in the league, watching them for years to come on Sunday? That helps recruiting and helps the brand!

If they keep playing the way they have been -

Cam: 2nd-4th
Brevin: 1st-3rd
Phillips: 1st-3rd
Bolden: 2nd-4th

Blades and Nesta should come back, but they prob won’t

Advertisement
Back