On why Rosier is starting - Miami Herald

It's counter productive to hammer the players. Not sure why Richt has decided that is the best way forward with this group.

Advertisement
It will be interesting if (and it's a big if) Perry comes in over the next 4 games and does well. I truly think that one of the reasons why he isn't starting or even getting in the game is because it would look horribly bad if he came in and tore it up. If you think Richt is getting fried now by social media just imagine what it would be like if Perry came in and made this offense look good to great. People would be questioning every move by Richt from now until the end of his time at Miami and his only excuse would be "I guess N'Kosi being taken out of the VA game and not playing in that BC game really made him grow up and mature which is what the plan was." LOL.

So, presumably the mistakes could have been avoided by working the plays, in practice, to the point where the receivers instinctively know how to run the correct routes. Is that coaching?

It's coaching and leadership. If the receivers aren't running the right routes it's up to the QB to be keeping people after practice to continue running the plays until they're being run correctly.

Coaches can't mandate that extra work as it would be an NCAA violation but a 5th year senior QB should be all over the issue and making sure it gets corrected. I'm not sure that is happening.

Richt is for sure starting to crack.

Coaches never, ever, EVER point out individual blame on individual plays to the media. Ever. It's always a group thing, or it's coachspeak. It's always "we missed a protection", or "we ran the wrong route". It's NEVER Brevin Jordan ran the wrong route.

He's for sure hearing the noise and he's responding. 100%. Whether what was said in this article is true or not, I'm not sure, but I know for absolute certain he's feeling heat because nobody talks to the media like this.

Advertisement
It is ludicrous and completely bewildering that Richt is willing to alienate so much of the fanbase, and more importantly, his entire team, for a guy who not only won't even be here next year, but is and has been performing poorly.

You'd think Malik was Richt's son the way he protects him.

There is plenty of blame to go around from the coaches, to the qbs, to other players...BUT that all falls under the head coach. Buck stops there. Speed of the troops is speed of the leader. Whatever cliche you want to use fits.

Plus, he keeps saying the Rosier can run the offense better and get out of bad plays, which even if that is true, what difference has it been making? In 2 games vs UVA and BC the offense couldn't move the ball or score anyway.

I've been a Richt supporter, I will not call for his firing until and if a loss to UF, but that interview is full of bs. So, one lineman not sliding down and missing a block on 1 play is the reason the offense is abysmal? This is college, guys will make mistakes on every team. Lots of posters here want new, modern offenses, which I get, but you don't need to be perfect or have a top 10 dynamic offense to score more than 1 td against UVA. Especially with our players. That is on richt plain and simple.

This goes to what I’ve been saying. There’s a group of guys in the locker room that the coaches baby & coddle to the point of resentment from the other players. Malik, Homer, Cager, & DeeJay are the ones I hear most about & it’s reiterated by the coaches in interviews. THAT’S how you lose a locker room & team.
You see it, right?

Young Receiver drops a pass -- RICHT: "He's not ready. Needs a lil more seasoning."
Cager drops a pass (his 3rd of the game) -- RICHT: "Let's throw it to him again."

I hate that Rosier is playing as much as all of you!!!
I just wonder what Perry must do wrong on the field. There must've been stupid mistakes or audibles that keep him off the field.

We all are a little anti-Richt right now, but the man isn't blind. He MUST see that Rosier can't throw a football. So there has to be something else.. and I'm not saying the plays in the article make a case for Rosier, it has to be more Perry's mistake or lack of knowledge... Right!?

Advertisement
1st ... I guess this answers the question of if Perry is dual-threat, or not. Clearly, he isn't. He's just not as immobile as Brad Kaaya and Jack Allison.

2nd ... Kirby Smart said the same thing about why he starts Fromm over Fields. It's the pre-snap stuff that coaches value. And the kids that play well early are the kids that have mastered the mental aspect of playing QB. Or, kids who are freak athletes. Dabo said he knew it was time to make the switch to Lawrence when the kid was 8 for 9 on pre-snap checks. His ability to throw the ball never changed ... But his mental grasp on the offense did.

3rd ... Random, and I'm repeating myself .... But I can't help but wonder what this O would look like if Jacob Eason had just followed Richt from UGA to Miami.

What Richt is really saying in that article is that Rosier is the only QB on the roster capable of making an audible out of his bad play calls. The other guys will just try to make the most out of his plays, which is why he took the blame for Perry's INT. But Rosier has the ability to get them into something different. And he values that ability over Rosier's limitations in actual execution.

*** This is where most fans disagree with Richt. Me, included.

At this point, just let the young kid learn on the fly. We'll live with his mental errors, we just want to see progress. Richt is trying to win EVERY game, he ain't playing for the future.

But when you do it that way, you better win EVERY game. Otherwise, we're still losing AND not developing talent.

Last edited:
Read online that Boston College's top seven O-linemen have 140 career starts combined. I think little things like that are lost in the whole "we're more talented" statements that are made here daily.

Imo right now this offense is a mixture of playcalling that is overcompensating for it's deficiences by being way, way too conservative, a ton of inexperienced freshman making mistakes all over the place and a QB that has about 60% of his passes not end up where they're supposed to in any given game.

It's a combination of a ton of factors, not just one thing, with each part needing the other to improve. That is definitely not happening and the result is the **** show we witness weekly..
Best post that's been written all month.

I hate that Rosier is playing as much as all of you!!!
I just wonder what Perry must do wrong on the field. There must've been stupid mistakes or audibles that keep him off the field.

We all are a little anti-Richt right now, but the man isn't blind. He MUST see that Rosier can't throw a football. So there has to be something else.. and I'm not saying the plays in the article make a case for Rosier, it has to be more Perry's mistake or lack of knowledge... Right!?

He sees the last drive againt FSU last year and thinks Rosier can be that QB all the time for whatever reason. Only thing that makes a ounce of sense if you take him at his word that Perry isn't on secret suspension.

Advertisement
Richt is just saying everybody wants to point at the QB cause that's the easy thing to do, but alot of mistakes are being made by the oline and receivers also, he knows Malik isn't great he tried to go with Kosi, the guy just not taking it serious and you can't give him the keys yet. Kosi got all the tools we know this, but I'm sure there's another part we don't know that Richt does

Richt is just saying everybody wants to point at the QB cause that's the easy thing to do, but alot of mistakes are being made by the oline and receivers also, he knows Malik isn't great he tried to go with Kosi, the guy just not taking it serious and you can't give him the keys yet. Kosi got all the tools we know this, but I'm sure there's another part we don't know that Richt does
It’s not even malik at this point, we pointing everything at richt. Malik is a symptom of richt it’s simple

Advertisement
The facts are it's a cluster that all leads back to coaching. Facts: Play calling is too basic (no motion, misdirection, creativity), Rosier isn't the guy, Perry isn't dedicated, WR's are running the wrong routes on plays that would have worked, OL is not getting push on plays that would have worked. All things Richt and his coaches are responsible for.

We are sorely missing Berrios and Richards, they bailed us out the last few years. The TE's have potential but the depth there has changed the play calling too. Richt is an awesome guy, love him, but it's a cluster all around that Richt is responsible for.

He sees the last drive againt FSU last year and thinks Rosier can be that QB all the time for whatever reason. Only thing that makes a ounce of sense if you take him at his word that Perry isn't on secret suspension.
CMR has stated numerous times why he sticks with Rosier. I am not saying I PERSONALLY support it, but he has already addressed it a bunch of times that it is all the other aspects of being a QB that makes him believe Rosier gives us a better chance to win, not purely based on who is a better passer. It's getting the plays in, recognizes defenses, making adjustments, moving blocking assignments, etc. Basically the field general stuff, not just who has a better or more accurate arm. This also fits into the narrative, whether you believe it or not, that Perry hasn't dedicated himself to the film room and getting better as much as he could have been.

Again, I'm not personally saying with this post "We 100% should start Rosier!", it's just so stupid hearing this crap pitched over and over here that CMR wants to lose, has no interest in winning, has a personal vendetta against Perry, etc etc etc. Whether you agree with the rationale or not, CMR has already explained why he has kept #12 under center many times.

Best post that's been written all month.

It wasn't just their OL. They have a better RB, DE, LB, CB than anyone we have currently.
It will take some time before we see the results we expect from the 2017 and 2018 classes.

Advertisement
Back