On why Rosier is starting - Miami Herald

Rosier can't throw an accurate pass and yet he is our best option, give me a f@cking break

Not to mention he is 1-6 as a starter over the last 7 games, 1-6! Based on that record, how in the world can Richt say he gives us the best chance of winning? If playing Williams, Cade or Nkosi makes that record 0-7, so be it. Get them experience and stop playing a guy that has been losing and brings no upside. I can't watch Rosier any more, he is awful! He needs to get his young QBs experience for next year. Why can't Richt see that?
STOP PLAYING ROSIER!! HE DOES NOT WIN GAMES AND YOU GAIN NOTHING FROM CONTINUING TO PLAY HIM!!

Advertisement
It will be interesting if (and it's a big if) Perry comes in over the next 4 games and does well. I truly think that one of the reasons why he isn't starting or even getting in the game is because it would look horribly bad if he came in and tore it up. If you think Richt is getting fried now by social media just imagine what it would be like if Perry came in and made this offense look good to great. People would be questioning every move by Richt from now until the end of his time at Miami and his only excuse would be "I guess N'Kosi being taken out of the VA game and not playing in that BC game really made him grow up and mature which is what the plan was." LOL.

Based on Perry's past performances, I doubt he's tearing anything up. However, he has to be better than Rosier. I can't understand why Richt continues to play Rosier.

Not to mention he is 1-6 as a starter over the last 7 games, 1-6! Based on that record, how in the world can Richt say he gives us the best chance of winning? If playing Williams, Cade or Nkosi makes that record 0-7, so be it. Get them experience and stop playing a guy that has been losing and brings no upside. I can't watch Rosier any more, he is awful! He needs to get his young QBs experience for next year. Why can't Richt see that?
STOP PLAYING ROSIER!! HE DOES NOT WIN GAMES AND YOU GAIN NOTHING FROM CONTINUING TO PLAY HIM!!

Yea. The "best chance to win" argument goes completely out the window when your results are actually losses and you have scored a total 27 points in 8 quarters. It's like he think we are all watching a different team and different Rosier. Insulting to say the least.

It wasn't just their OL. They have a better RB, DE, LB, CB than anyone we have currently.
It will take some time before we see the results we expect from the 2017 and 2018 classes.
I woudn't swap Joe Jax and Garvin for their DE's nor their LBs for our trio. But I get your point.

Based on Perry's past performances, I doubt he's tearing anything up. However, he has to be better than Rosier. I can't understand why Richt continues to play Rosier.
If he "has to be better than Rosier" wouldn't he have won the job in the spring or summer?

Advertisement
In regards to execution -- You don't hear the champions talking about players not executing over and over again. It's always the coach's fault is my way of looking at it. I recall this infamous exchange between Saban and Lane Kiffin when Blake was their QB:

Saban and Kiffin's shouting match in the final moments of a 38-10 win over Western Kentucky in September 2016 was caught on camera and became a viral moment. Neither Saban nor Kiffin said publicly what caused the dustup, which occurred after a careless Alabama fumble led to a Western Kentucky touchdown in garbage time. Savage writes that Kiffin said into his headset "dumb players make dumb plays," which all the Crimson Tide coaches heard. Saban snapped back with "no, dumb offensive coordinators call dumb plays." There were probably a few expletives left out.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/5_things_we_learned_from_phil.html#?platform=hootsuite

If he "has to be better than Rosier" wouldn't he have won the job in the spring or summer?

If Rosier is the best QB on our roster, who is one of the worst in all of college football, what does that say about Richts recruiting and/or development at the QB position? You’re not going to convince me that Rosier is the best QB on the roster. He is 1-6 as starter over his last 7 starts. What is the point of continuing to play him at this point? He is not winning games!! Richt has recruited 4 QBs in his 3 years here and none are better then Al Golden’s backup QB? How in year 3 are we continuing to start Rosier?

If Rosier is the best QB on our roster, who is one of the worst in all of college football, what does that say about Richts recruiting and/or development at the QB position? You’re not going to convince me that Rosier is the best QB on the roster. He is 1-6 as starter over his last 7 starts. What is the point of continuing to play him at this point? He is not winning games!! Richt has recruited 4 QBs in his 3 years here and none are better then Al Golden’s backup QB? How in year 3 are we continuing to start Rosier?
Agree with every point you made. And I'm not in any way trying to convince you that Rosier is the best QB on the roster. I'm just stating the FACT that Perry is now in his second year here and failed to beat out Rosier in Spring or Fall camp. Considering how bad Rosier has looked, that speaks volumes.

CMR has stated numerous times why he sticks with Rosier. I am not saying I PERSONALLY support it, but he has already addressed it a bunch of times that it is all the other aspects of being a QB that makes him believe Rosier gives us a better chance to win, not purely based on who is a better passer. It's getting the plays in, recognizes defenses, making adjustments, moving blocking assignments, etc. Basically the field general stuff, not just who has a better or more accurate arm. This also fits into the narrative, whether you believe it or not, that Perry hasn't dedicated himself to the film room and getting better as much as he could have been.

Again, I'm not personally saying with this post "We 100% should start Rosier!", it's just so stupid hearing this crap pitched over and over here that CMR wants to lose, has no interest in winning, has a personal vendetta against Perry, etc etc etc. Whether you agree with the rationale or not, CMR has already explained why he has kept #12 under center many times.
Malik Rosier is 0-3 this season vs P5 opponents, passing for 42.9% & 2INT's vs LSU with a 12.8 QBR, he passed for 52.2% & an INT vs UVA with a 42.7 QBR, and passed for 52.8% & 2INT's with a 39.1 QBR vs BC.

Just because Richt might say that, doesn't mean it's true. It's pretty obvious the results don't reflect that Rosier actually knows how to do all those things that people keep claiming he does.

Advertisement
Malik Rosier is 0-3 this season vs P5 opponents, passing for 42.9% & 2INT's vs LSU with a 12.8 QBR, he passed for 52.2% & an INT vs UVA with a 42.7 QBR, and passed for 52.8% & 2INT's with a 39.1 QBR vs BC.

Just because Richt might say that, doesn't mean it's true. It's pretty obvious the results don't reflect that Rosier actually knows how to do all those things that people keep claiming he does.
I didn't say it was true, nor did I claim Rosier does great things. Pretty sure I qualified my statement above not once but twice that I wasn't arguing FOR Richt's position. I was just pointing out that CMR has already stated his basis for it numerous times, whether people agree with that basis or not.

Agree with every point you made. And I'm not in any way trying to convince you that Rosier is the best QB on the roster. I'm just stating the FACT that Perry is now in his second year here and failed to beat out Rosier in Spring or Fall camp. Considering how bad Rosier has looked, that speaks volumes.
That's because you make the mistake of thinking the QB competition was a real competition to begin with.

Jarren Williams is the most talented QB on the roster & he's been 4th string the entire season up until Weldon got suspended only bumping him up to the 3rd team.

Nobody could beat out Rosier in the Spring or Fall because Richt had already made up his mind he was sticking with Malik as the starter no matter what.

They clearly are not being graded on the same scale, though.

And that is the origin of alot of the problems in the locker room. You can't have a guy play like dog**** and continually make excuses for him, while the other guy at a minimum is playing no worse, but you can't even let him finish a quarter.

There was no QB competition in the spring. There's no open competition right now. The players have (correctly) concluded that nothing will send Rosier back to the bench. Nothing is more disheartening as a player than to know you're not being given a fair shake.

EDIT: LCE beat me to it.

Agreed, Perry has not impressed either. This QB situation is a disaster.

Advertisement
That's because you make the mistake of thinking the QB competition was a real competition to begin with.

Jarren Williams is the most talented QB on the roster & he's been 4th string the entire season up until Weldon got suspended only bumping him up to the 3rd team.

Nobody could beat out Rosier in the Spring or Fall because Richt had already made up his mind he was sticking with Malik as the starter no matter what.

I pray to god Williams is the real deal or we’re in serious trouble for the foreseeable future. I’m really looking forward to seeing him play.

And what knowledge do you have to establish as FACT that there was never a QB competition and CMR was going with Rosier no matter what transpired in the Spring and Fall? That's absolute horsesh-it, man, derived from nothing but your dislike of Rosier (understandable) and your own belief that Perry and Williams are way better. There was (and I'd argue still is) a lot of sh-t happening behind the scenes with Perry, much we likely know nothing about. This is evidenced by the fact he was suspended for the LSU game. Did CMR just make up a fake reason to suspend him? Of course not. And that put him way back in the race. As to Williams, you aren't in the film room, you aren't with them at practice every day. Regardless of how much potential he may have, you have no idea if the staff legitimately believes he is ready to lead the team or not.

I get it, you have an narrative you want to support. And trust me, I'm no fan of Rosier. I've **** near thrown my TV out the window watching him at times this season. But making statements like "Richt had already made up his mind he was sticking with Malik as the starter no matter what", "they aren't being graded on the same scale", "there was no competition in the spring", etc, is nothing but made up rhetoric you spit to further your own belief.

Rick is a despot because our AD is weak. It’s like a woman who humiliates her husband in public because she knows he’s not going anywhere and won’t say anything.

If we had a strong AD, he wouldn’t have given Rick such unbridled autonomy. And he would have already told him, “Listen, man. This isn’t working. We need to bring in an innovative OC before we dig a giant hole here and you wind up getting fired. These are the 3 OCs on my list. Interview them and pick the one you like best.”

Advertisement
Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution Execution

Now i have passed the Mark Richt test to be a coach or player at miami.
I'm hearing John McKay saying "I'm in favor of it...."

Rick is a despot because our AD is weak. It’s like a woman who humiliates her husband in public because she knows he’s not going anywhere and won’t say anything.

If we had a strong AD, he wouldn’t have given Rick such unbridled autonomy. And he would have already told him, “Listen, man. This isn’t working. We need to bring in an innovative OC before we dig a giant hole here and you wind up getting fired. These are the 3 OCs on my list. Interview them and pick the one you like best.”
Richt has clearly proven he's his own worst enemy. He needs a strong AD hovering over him to check him and issue him ultimatum's to change things if they're not working or he will, but Flake wouldn't even know where to begin to do those type of things. What else would you expect from a career yes-man.

With a strong AD we wouldn't be in the mess we're in, this is on Flake just as much as it is Richt.

Bottom line is some booster better write a big check for Malik Rosier when he graduates for serving as the whipping boy for the program as a whole, going on 2 years now.

1st and foremost, he's taking the heat off the program for putting themselves in this QB position in year 3, and not having serviceable QBs and a couple immature back-ups who can't stay off suspension. Taking the heat for no improvement in the O-line, and a non-existent running game. He's taking the heat for bad throws, int's, inaccuracy, but also for blown assignments, injuries to key players, dropped passes, the inability of receivers to get open consistently, the play calling, lack of execution, field position, special teams/kicking game, and sometimes even the defense.

If I were him, I have one of my homies flip a bird like Perry's boy did, while I was saying into the camera (with the Mayhem smirk): "Hey hatter Canes fans, everyone told me I'd never start here, but two years in a row I'm all the program has got. You don't need to be rocket scientist to see that I over achieved, while the program is under achieving. All I can do is what the coach tells me to, So F- the **** off you dipsticks!"
3392dcf779031c9203efdbd2d307cb29 (1).jpg

Advertisement
Back