On why Rosier is starting - Miami Herald

Advertisement
So, presumably the mistakes could have been avoided by working the plays, in practice, to the point where the receivers instinctively know how to run the correct routes. Is that coaching?

HAHAHA all of that is probably true but not once in that article does he say Malik had a poor read, threw a poor ball, or made the wrong decision. He covered for Malik. And it's his and his son's job to get Perry and the other QBs better at pre snap reads and recognizing coverages. Such a cop out.

Hahaha the coaches are throwing the WRs, OL, and TEs (some who are true freshman) under the bus but god forbid they are critical of Rosier. Holy s-hit, we have mentally handicapped offensive coaches.

Advertisement
So, presumably the mistakes could have been avoided by working the plays, in practice, to the point where the receivers instinctively know how to run the correct routes. Is that coaching?
Jeff Thomas was just quoted this week saying even though they run the same play "a million times" in practice some people get jitters in games and do the wrong thing. So, no, not all lack of execution is a result of coaching.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but the fact none of Malik’s deficiencies were highlighted in that article says a lot.

I don't have any serious issues with what he's saying here, it's just that Richt continues to miss the fact that he's part of the problem. He doesn't get that he's not doing a good job of adapting to the team he's got and putting his players in the best positions.

These things he talks about aren't made up problems, but as long as he insists that they're the only problems we're going to struggle.

Advertisement
Listen....you can try and pick out a few plays and make it that is the reason why the offense is crap..
However, that excuse cannot be used over a half season and the last 3 games of last year.
GTFOH!!!!
To lose to virgin and BC is friggin pathetic. Those games we win by 28 with the talent we have.
My 11 year old son knows the plays that Richt calls before we take the snap.
To try and deflect on the reason why you are failing has made me respect CMR less and less.
Own up and be accountable on your garbage playcalling and archaic set of offense.

Bull****.jpg

I blame the OL
I blame the WR's
I blame the RB's
I blame the Defense
I blame the fans

I blame anybody & everybody except for Richt or Rosier, it's not their fault nor is it their responsibility to make sure our Offense runs efficiently.

Richt & Rosier do everything perfect, it's everybody else who needs to execute properly. When Rosier throws an INT, it's on the OL & WR's. When we lose a game, it's on Diaz & the rest of the team not Richt.

The problem is this team just isn't good enough outside of Rosier, he's our best player & carries this team, the rest of these guys just need to shut up & do as their told.

Hahaha the coaches are throwing the WRs, OL, and TEs (some who are true freshman) under the bus but god forbid they are critical of Rosier. Holy s-hit, we have mentally handicapped offensive coaches.

Sorry but Cager and Langam are JAG's - 2 huge plays vs FSU & Ga Tech yes but zero separation

Advertisement
Wow. What a load of crap. They did everything but blame Thomas for being too fast to deflect blame from Rosier who can’t hit the side of a barn and has the slowest release I have ever seen from a QB at this level. So done with Richt.

I blame the OL
I blame the WR's
I blame the RB's
I blame the Defense
I blame the fans

I blame anybody & everybody except for Richt or Rosier, it's not their fault nor is it their responsibility to make sure our Offense runs efficiently.

Richt & Rosier do everything perfect, it's everybody else who needs to execute properly. When Rosier throws an INT, it's on the OL & WR's. When we lose a game, it's on Diaz & the rest of the team not Richt.

The problem is this team just isn't good enough outside of Rosier, he's our best player & carries this team, the rest of these guys just need to shut up & do as their told.

I need some R @ R from R@R....

Please. Everyone wants to blame coaching. No one wants to blame players for half-assed effort and a lack of execution.

It's not on the coaching staff to have Langham and Cager play to their body size, or to keep Wiggins from dropping catchable balls.

When are people going to quit inventing ways to ***** about Richt in year three and admit that he doesn't yet have the talent and depth it takes to complete at a high level.

Program was 60-47 from Coker's last year to Golden's firing—for a reason.

79 scholarship kids; 31 are freshman and 17 are sophomores—48 players on the team underclassmen ... and trying to get it done with a sub-par offensive line and no answer at quarterback—as the two underclassmen are proving grossly immature and doing nothing to beat out a very below average, perennial back-up, r-senior who is starting due to the depth chart and nothing else.

If the program still looks like a hot mess in 2020, different story. It's year three. Dabo needed seven years to make Clemson a bonafide contender. His fifth year, No. 3 Clemson got waxed at home by No. 5 Florida State, 51-14.

Advertisement
Take your pick and fault coaches, discipline, inexperience, team dynamics, or whatever for significant poor game time execution by the many on Offense in tough games, which playing ranked teams on the road are.

The article clearly is focused on why Richt is starting Rosier, WITH ALL HIS FLAWS, over Perry (with his flaws.) Richt obviously wants enough wins and a bowl game, for his own sake, if not for the fans. If Perry (or Jarren) at this stage, for the reasons in the article, offer less of a chance, hard to fault Richt for that choice. For insufficient coaching and other things, sure, but until Perry or other can do ALL the things required, it makes reasonable sense.

Yea read the article. Still don’t understand why Richt is starting the obviously less talented QB who only has 4 games left here over the young talented QB who could potentially be a star here for the next 3 years. Nothing he says will make that decision make any sense.

Advertisement
Back