On Randy Russell

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami safety commit Randy Russell was at practice today for the second time in the last week. With all of the talk about the defensive backs in this class, I received more confirmation this afternoon that the Canes defensive staff absolutely views Russell as a must-keep in this class. They have even referred to him as a "cornerstone member" of the class. This is a prime example of the staff recruiting to a mentality as Russell fits the exact bill they are looking for.

Advertisement
I'll trust CMR and staff on their evaluations until they prove me wrong.

I heart Macho Man as a football player.

I would hope nobody thought he was expendable, especially with the talent CC will be pumping out in the future

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
If he was 6'1 205 he'd be a 5 star.

The only weakness in his game is size. 5'11 is fine but i'd like to see him close on 200lbs in a year or two.

Think a violent Earl Thomas (who is 5'11 and 202).

The Living Legend been trying to tell the simps on here that Russell is elite. They'll listen now. This dude plays the game like it's supposed to be played. He's Diaz's wet dream the way that he relishes violence.

Earl Thomas ran a 4.43...let's hope that Russell can get close to that. But I see him as a Meriweather clone

Advertisement
Has the Deon Bush Karl Joseph type hitting ability where you get destroyed running into a wall and all forward momentum stops

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back