On Randy Russell

Advertisement
Miami safety commit Randy Russell was at practice today for the second time in the last week. With all of the talk about the defensive backs in this class, I received more confirmation this afternoon that the Canes defensive staff absolutely views Russell as a must-keep in this class. They have even referred to him as a "cornerstone member" of the class. This is a prime example of the staff recruiting to a mentality as Russell fits the exact bill they are looking for.

Amazing how this stuff can change so fast in recruiting. He goes from a "must keep" and "cornerstone of the class" to a guy we don't even want to fight to keep

It might not be that they don't want to fight to keep him. It may simply be that they know he is leaving town no matter what.

It's June 6th, they have Atleast 6 months with this kid playing right down the street. Plenty of time to show him why he needs to stay home and rep yo city

Kid is a beast, a lot of people in their feelings downplaying his ability to ball after the decommit

Not that he can't ball but more like we're stacked with DB's. Hall and Jobe are ahead of him and we have Amari Carter and Derrick Smith from Jacksonville who's also a thumper.

Yeah no offense but I'll ride with a 305 kid all day long over a Jax kid

Miami safety commit Randy Russell was at practice today for the second time in the last week. With all of the talk about the defensive backs in this class, I received more confirmation this afternoon that the Canes defensive staff absolutely views Russell as a must-keep in this class. They have even referred to him as a "cornerstone member" of the class. This is a prime example of the staff recruiting to a mentality as Russell fits the exact bill they are looking for.

Amazing how this stuff can change so fast in recruiting. He goes from a "must keep" and "cornerstone of the class" to a guy we don't even want to fight to keep

Should show you that Miami is really happy with their pull at safety and how confident they are that Hall and Jobe stick.

Also, they are definitely upset at the loss. But this staff knows how to allocate their recruiting resources effectively. They know when it's worth continuing to fight.

It might not be that they don't want to fight to keep him. It may simply be that they know he is leaving town no matter what.

It's June 6th, they have Atleast 6 months with this kid playing right down the street. Plenty of time to show him why he needs to stay home and rep yo city

Kid is a beast, a lot of people in their feelings downplaying his ability to ball after the decommit

I'm simply saying maybe the family decision was that he needs to get out of town and the staff doesn't see that changing.

Should show you that Miami is really happy with their pull at safety and how confident they are that Hall and Jobe stick.

Also, they are definitely upset at the loss. But this staff knows how to allocate their recruiting resources effectively. They know when it's worth continuing to fight.

The last part is why I'm confused. Why are we essentially giving up on this kid in June when we considered him a cornerstone of the class just a month or 2 ago? Is it something you can share with us or is this one of those things we won't find out until after NSD?

Advertisement

The last part is why I'm confused. Why are we essentially giving up on this kid in June when we considered him a cornerstone of the class just a month or 2 ago? Is it something you can share with us or is this one of those things we won't find out until after NSD?

It's being reported that his family wants him to leave town for college. As I said previously, maybe the staff knows this was a family decision that simply isn't going to change. It might just be about more than football, as the kid said himself.

There's nothing really secretive about it. They just know where they stand with the rest of the guys on their board.

There's nothing really secretive about it. They just know where they stand with the rest of the guys on their board.

Thanks Pete

Do you see us going after another safety or simply just replacing the hitmans scholly with bethel and that's a wrap?

Thanks Pete

Do you see us going after another safety or simply just replacing the hitmans scholly with bethel and that's a wrap?

Yup, get Bethel on board and they'll be thrilled. Frierson can easily play safety too.

Advertisement
Pete, how often does Tyson C. visit Miami? Not that crystal balls matter, but they continue to roll on for Ohio State.

Advertisement
Advertisement

It's being reported that his family wants him to leave town for college. As I said previously, maybe the staff knows this was a family decision that simply isn't going to change. It might just be about more than football, as the kid said himself.

Bags dropping, maybe? that's what "family decision" is often code for in cases like this.

Peter, Why does Nigel Bethel sound familiar to me. Who was the kid named Nigel from BTW a few years ago that we lost?

Thanks Pete

Yup, get Bethel on board and they'll be thrilled. Frierson can easily play safety too.
Nigel Bethel is a name familiar to me. Is he the BTW kid we recruited a few years ag?

I'd like to see Al Blades come back into the fold, that will eliminate any negative vibes from this way more than Bethel would.

Advertisement
Back