On Judd Anderson

Hopefully when Ward balls out this year it will change the narrative regarding Mario as a QB killer because of a dull offense and we will be able to recruit and get a top QB out if HS….

We also need to start keeping some of the top WR’s at home cause that too will bring top QB’s…..they go hand in hand.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter who we bring at quarterback, our biggest problem is that practice is not exposing game day deficiencies.

CIS report: Emery Williams was born to pass the football then gets in the game and looks awkward being inaccurate throwing the football.

Hurricane practices are doing a poor job at replicating game day and if you think I’m lying then what in the **** are the coaches seeing in cam McCormick doing weekly practice versus what we’re seeing on Saturdays?

We should be trying to recruit blue-chip QBs... like Noland, Dante Moore, Julian Sayin or Jaden Rashada; if we can't land them we need to hit the portal for guys like Cam Ward...

Barring that we need to at least get some 3* projects on board like Emory/Judd/Luke....

On the way college quarterback, to become a running back to the NFL. No reason to waste your money until you need to when you can just get somebody else with a risk (financial in one/injury or financial in the other).

position is wildly valuable but because only one plays movement proportionately is higher. Dl and ol can move sides or slide from guard to tackle etc.

Wait does Poff not have experience now according to you? Is he not a good backup qb? lol, I’d take him as a backup qb basically every single year. Most years we won’t have a guy with any experience as a backup. It’ll mostly be guys like Jacurri. Tell me how much experience any other team in the country has as backup lol.

… what are you talking about lol, I’ve literally said for over a year now that what I think is the best strategy at QB is to get these low to mid 4star types - maybe a 3star here and there - to develop yearly as good use of resources. And along side that you target the TOP guy either in portal OR HS to be the immediate starter. What I want is to spend 85-90% of our QB NIL allocation on THE GUY. I want to spend maybe 20%-25% of overall NIL on QB. So if we had $10M NIL budget starter should get anround $2M and the backups getting like $150k each on average.

What I don’t want is $1M+ in NIL sitting on the bench for a year because we consistently sign say the number 6-9 QB on average. Those would be expensive high 4 stars. And they would be a waste of money - even if they didn’t transfer out. That high 4star qb directly comes at the cost of top WRs, DT, CB, EDGE, and OT. And when you do hit on one of them they will immediately demand a pay raise anyways or threaten to leave!

So imo We pretty much nailed QB recruiting THIS yr. The only difference I would have liked that would turn this years qb haul from an A-/A to an A+ is getting someone like Luke Nickell in this class instead of Judd. Now again they are both 3 stars TODAY. But we expect Nickell to rise because of his clear talent. Will he rise to a 5star or very high 4 star? I very much doubt it. But he is the exact type of QB I want us getting every year and hoping we don’t get in a bidding war to keep.

Geeeeeeez Louise, Great Balls of Fire (pause), w/ a side of Gee Willickers Batman!

What in the Blue Blazer r u talking about? Is Poff a good back up? How in thee absolute Fock would u, I, or anyone else know that since he’s never played FBS football? What I see is a kid who led FCS in passing yards & T-4th in interceptions & accounted for 14 T.O’s. So I have no idea how he will be at the P4 FBS level.

Furthermore, I’ve said over the year either directly to u, indirectly to u via comments on my own post that ur strategy absolutely sucks. U seem very content being mediocre, friend. D$ focused on HS QBs transferring, not adding “value” to the teams that recruited them, while totally neglecting that the transfer portal has caused every position across the board to transfer at an alarming rate from teams that are absolutely stacked at those positions. It’s not a QB thing, it’s a transfer portal thing.

The UGAs, Bamas, OSU’s of the world can give two flying fcks about guys leaving b/c they over recruit everywhere. This is not an either or situation, yet some in this fan base on various topics think it’s either or on everything. All myself, @cway313, & @01Canes, & any other fan who actually watch the game of football is saying u MUST lock down blue chip HS QBs, & if u want to pull in a vet leader via Portal to allow the pup develop, so be it.

& @DMoney

U do realize that UofM’s blue chip recruited QB won the Nat’l Title this year, don’t u?

Let’s look at all the participants in the CFP since 2014:

2014-15:
OSU - 3* recruited QB (OSU was led by a 4* recruited QB all year)
UO - 3* recruited QB
FSU - 5* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB

2015-16:
OU - 3* Transfer QB
Clemson - 4* recruited QB
MSU -3* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB

2016-17
UW - 4* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB
OSU - 4* recruited QB

2017-18
UGA - 4* recruited QB
OU - 3* Transfer QB (From 2015)
Bama - 4* recruited QB
Clemson - 3* recruited Qb

2018-19
Clemson - 5* recruited QB
ND - 3* recruited QB
Bama - 5* recruited QB
OU - 5* Transfer QB

2019-20
LSU - 4* Transfer QB
OU - 4* Transfer QB
OSU - 5* Transfer QB

2020-21
Bama - 3* recruited QB
ND - 3* recruited QB (from 2018)
OSU - 5* transfer QB (from 2019)

2021-22
Bama - 5* recruited QB
Cincy- 3* recruited QB
UGA - 3* recruited QB
UofM - 4* recruited QB

2022-23
UGA - 3* recruited QB (same from 2021)
OSU - 4* recruited QB
TCU - 4* recruited QB
UofM - 5* recruited QB

2023-24
UofM - 5* recruited QB (same from 2022)
Bama - 4* recruited QB
UT - 5* Transfer QB
UW - 3* Transfer QB

There have been 35 different QBs who have played in the CFP

-80% were recruits, 20% were transfers
-74% were considered Blue Chips
-Out of the 10 National Championship teams, 9 were recruited QBs, 1 was a transfer
-Out of the 9 recruited QB Nat’l Champions, 62% were blue chips (The Three 3* QBs who were starting QBs were rated Top 20 in the Nation at their position:
*C. Jones - #10 Pro QB
*M. Jones - #18 Pro QB
*S. Bennett - #6 JUCO QB [2x Champion] )

Again, I’m not sure y u guys wanna die on this hill, but go off fam. All I’m saying is top, elite programs are not doing either/or.

Advertisement
Geeeeeeez Louise, Great Balls of Fire (pause), w/ a side of Gee Willickers Batman!

What in the Blue Blazer r u talking about? Is Poff a good back up? How in thee absolute Fock would u, I, or anyone else know that since he’s never played FBS football? What I see is a kid who led FCS in passing yards & T-4th in interceptions & accounted for 14 T.O’s. So I have no idea how he will be at the P4 FBS level.

Furthermore, I’ve said over the year either directly to u, indirectly to u via comments on my own post that ur strategy absolutely sucks. U seem very content being mediocre, friend. D$ focused on HS QBs transferring, not adding “value” to the teams that recruited them, while totally neglecting that the transfer portal has caused every position across the board to transfer at an alarming rate from teams that are absolutely stacked at those positions. It’s not a QB thing, it’s a transfer portal thing.

The UGAs, Bamas, OSU’s of the world can give two flying fcks about guys leaving b/c they over recruit everywhere. This is not an either or situation, yet some in this fan base on various topics think it’s either or on everything. All myself, @cway313, & @01Canes, & any other fan who actually watch the game of football is saying u MUST lock down blue chip HS QBs, & if u want to pull in a vet leader via Portal to allow the pup develop, so be it.

& @DMoney

U do realize that UofM’s blue chip recruited QB won the Nat’l Title this year, don’t u?

Let’s look at all the participants in the CFP since 2014:

2014-15:
OSU - 3* recruited QB (OSU was led by a 4* recruited QB all year)
UO - 3* recruited QB
FSU - 5* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB

2015-16:
OU - 3* Transfer QB
MSU -3* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB

2016-17
UW - 4* recruited QB
Bama - 4* recruited QB
OSU - 4* recruited QB

2017-18
UGA - 4* recruited QB
OU - 3* Transfer QB (From 2015)
Bama - 4* recruited QB
Clemson - 3* recruited Qb

2018-19
ND - 3* recruited QB
Bama - 5* recruited QB
OU - 5* Transfer QB

2019-20
LSU - 4* Transfer QB
OU - 4* Transfer QB
OSU - 5* Transfer QB

2020-21
Bama - 3* recruited QB
ND - 3* recruited QB (from 2018)
OSU - 5* transfer QB (from 2019)

2021-22
Bama - 5* recruited QB
Cincy- 3* recruited QB
UGA - 3* recruited QB
UofM - 4* recruited QB

2022-23
UGA - 3* recruited QB (same from 2021)
OSU - 4* recruited QB
TCU - 4* recruited QB
UofM - 5* recruited QB

2023-24
UofM - 5* recruited QB (same from 2022)
Bama - 4* recruited QB
UT - 5* Transfer QB
UW - 3* Transfer QB

There have been 35 different QBs who have played in the CFP

-80% were recruits, 20% were transfers
-74% were considered Blue Chips
-Out of the 10 National Championship teams, 9 were recruited QBs, 1 was a transfer
-Out of the 9 recruited QB Nat’l Champions, 62% were blue chips (The Three 3* QBs who were starting QBs were rated Top 20 in the Nation at their position:
*C. Jones - #10 Pro QB
*M. Jones - #18 Pro QB
*S. Bennett - #6 JUCO QB [2x Champion] )

Again, I’m not sure y u guys wanna die on this hill, but go off fam. All I’m saying is top, elite programs are not doing either/or.
Top 10 portal QBs 2023.
Screenshot_20240120_203541_Samsung Internet.jpg

We should be trying to recruit blue-chip QBs... like Noland, Dante Moore, Julian Sayin or Jaden Rashada; if we can't land them we need to hit the portal for guys like Cam Ward...

Barring that we need to at least get some 3* projects on board like Emory/Judd/Luke....
Exactly we need ward to ball out and nickel to he a big time recruit
Then either Williams or Judd portal out
In 26 as we stack another blue Chip
But any time there is a qb in the portal that is better than what you currently have you have to reg to get him

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter who we bring at quarterback, our biggest problem is that practice is not exposing game day deficiencies.

CIS report: Emery Williams was born to pass the football then gets in the game and looks awkward being inaccurate throwing the football.

Hurricane practices are doing a poor job at replicating game day and if you think I’m lying then what in the **** are the coaches seeing in cam McCormick doing weekly practice versus what we’re seeing on Saturdays?
We need to stop building up Emory to something he is not. So far he has shown that he is very average. He is a decent athlete with below average throwing mechanics.

Why is this so **** hard? It’s this. the top programs don’t pick and choose. They don’t keep middle of the road older guys when there are studs in the portal. There is not a single person on the roster we shouldn’t be trying to upgrade through either channel

Why is this so **** hard? It’s this. the top programs don’t pick and choose. They don’t keep middle of the road older guys when there are studs in the portal. There is not a single person on the roster we shouldn’t be trying to upgrade through either channel

I just don’t get why this is such a hard concept to understand?

We took one QB in 2022. Even though he was considered a “blue chip”, myself & others became weary of this take. He started off w/ a .9609 score & finished w/ a .9080 score. A precipitous drop, which screamed developmental.

We took one QB in 2023, again another developmental QB

We took one QB in 2024, again ANOTHER developmental QB

So this fan base asked why? And the logic has become “we’ll just attack the portal for a bridge guy.” Bridge to what? B/c we ain’t recruiting the HS ranks well!

Elite teams don’t do this, period

We took one QB in 2022. Even though he was considered a “blue chip”, myself & others became weary of this take. He started off w/ a .9609 score & finished w/ a .9080 score. A precipitous drop, which screamed developmental.

So this fan base asked why? And the logic has become “we’ll just attack the portal for a bridge guy.” Bridge to what? B/c we ain’t recruiting the HS ranks well!

And again I ask…what happens if there is no Cam Ward. What if you miss? I am also skeptical of our takes, but that’s another topic. The point is…you gotta do both

Advertisement

12671860_566516886841818_4123002218236661021_o.jpg

We need to stop building up Emory to something he is not. So far he has shown that he is very average. He is a decent athlete with below average throwing mechanics.

He's young and we should let him develop. One day maybe he's the guy, but he was thrown in too early if you ask me.

Mechanically, he's not bad, certainly not below average. I'd like to see him raise his arm height up which would make his release point higher.

Back to young though. He's not up to speed yet in college e. That's a big ask of any freshman. He's out there and not as comfortable as a guy who has more experience. When that happens, he's going to plant his feet and deliver things more accurately. His base will be more solid. It's so cliche, but he needs to settle in and get to a point where the game slows down for him. Get his nerves under control.

He's now got time, at least on paper, to develop his game.

You need to be weary to not overpay for the wrong QB recruit, but you also can’t go without taking quality QB prospects as the QB room could become a house of cards dependent on the portal (this offszn). QB rooms like everything else is about balance.

Now back to Judd

Advertisement
Why is this so **** hard? It’s this. the top programs don’t pick and choose.
But we aren’t a top program. That’s what people struggle to understand.

This isn’t a video game. You have to pay the players, and we have to pay them more than the top programs. So we have to be smart. The evidence shows that Top 10 HS QBs are not smart money.

…so Luke nickel? lol.
The exact same strategy that got Emory and Judd also got us Nickel and yet everyone seems to be fully aboard that take. He’s only a 3star today. Plus I’d say Emory looks like a perfectly fine take.
I agree with your point that there is a lot of room to spend a decent amount on hs QBs rather than just going for extremely cheap and very low rated ones or the best of the best high price tag ones. mid 4stars are those types. But qb evaluation is difficult and the only thing different between nickel and Judd is that more people on CIS believe in his potential. Did anything about nickel change if he ends up getting a 4th star?

I love Nickel as a prospect. I've been vocal about that for several months. Great eval, IMO. But he isn't signed/enrolled. And his stock is climbing. If he sticks and they are willing/able to lay him in that mid-range, I'm all for it and that would be right approach.

And if Nickel gets a 4th star, the difference between him and Judd won't just be that people on CIS believe in Nickel more than Judd. It'll be that far more people in the industry believe in Nickel over Judd. Judd's a 3* in January after his senior season. We don't know where Nickel will be at that same point.

But we aren’t a top program. That’s what people struggle to understand.

This isn’t a video game. You have to pay the players, and we have to pay them more than the top programs. So we have to be smart. The evidence shows that Top 10 HS QBs are not smart money.
I grant this 100%. But im not convinced that going portal shopping while only taking developmental QBs is the right path to becoming a top program. We haven’t had a QB make all his starts since ‘17 I think. We can’t make it back if we are banking on batting 1.000 in the portal

Rell, my guy..we are not a top team. We have not been. So it’s kind of strange to compare us to that when the programs you HL who made the playoffs , majority of the time at least we’re programs in a much better position AROUND the QB position..we upgraded that room. It’s in a better position today than it was yesterday…we don’t need to see these guys on the field to see the floor and ceiling in the room..we have a legitimate top 10 QB in CFB. The top returner at THE MOST IMPORTANT position decided on Miami..where we are as a program rn I’d say that’s the most important thing..and if you balls out and we put on a good product..HS QBs will take note..yes we missed on our top guys (Rashada, luckily..then Air to OSU).

Advertisement
Back