On Judd Anderson

View as article
Good find. Thanks for sharing.

The pass to the back of the end zone was 43:45 - looks like it bounced off the kids facemask. Made another decent throw earlier in that same drive it looks like at 43:30.

TD pass in the back corner was 44:20 - good ball placement.

Tools could be there. Frame is there. Lots of development ahead of him though.
Yea, not nearly as bad as I expected based on comments.

I agree with everything here and the general tone of your post.

He had rhythm in getting the ball out when he wasn't running for his life, and his footwork wasn't a total mess. Big kid with great tools who needs development in a system with better athletes.

Advertisement
I am 100% confident this gets corrected therefore will not comment on JA again until said adjustment happens.

This thread is funny; however, it also pinpoints something. For those who r deemed as mopes for voicing concerns over this offer/commit, their concerns have been validated, while those who are classified as slurpers have once again allowed emotions to cloud judgement. This thread also proves this narrative of “trust the evals” may, just may have some holes in it when it comes to certain positions. Lastly, it further validated spin narratives that have plagued **** near every recruiting thread this off season.

Riveting chit. I’ve taken the approach to no longer really engage on various threads b/c as I posted in this very thread on page 2 or 3, CIS is truly the home of ground hogs day.

Advertisement
Mario’s track record with QBs isn’t good and we tried to justify this take… very odd. We should be recruiting top 10 QBs not guys like Judd and that kid from Monarch who we were considering offering (I believe he’s committed to UMass.)

Things simply aren’t looking good right now but it ain’t December yet.

Yeah a guy that isn't the full on starter has no business having a miami offer lol.
Some Sitkowski type ****. Though surprised how that dude ever started a game in Big10 - especially as a frosh - and even more especially considering he had 4tds to 18ints lol.
I don’t hate taking Anderson. I hate taking him as the only QB. I thought he had some skills. But looking at film the there’s a 6-6 kid at Chaminade that looks a heck of alot more advance then Anderson. No matter what we will portal for a QB and sadly, probably 3 D tackles

Advertisement
This thread also proves this narrative of “trust the evals” may, just may have some holes in it when it comes to certain positions.
I mean no matter how much trust you have in ANY coaches evals, QB is entirely separate. By far hardest position to evaluate, especially if you can't lock down like a top 3 guys.
So Like what 4 of our 3star commits are at OLine. Don't have much of a problem with that given what we did last class - the 2 year average is still good. 3star RB? Really not much of a problem especially when you're taking two and the other appears to be a definite stud.. A local 3star at the skill positions? Again not too big of a problem.

I don't even have a problem with taking a 3star QB - especially given NIL implications of targeting/landing a top 3 prospect. But we will NEED to land a certified stud at QB at some point at least like every 2-3 years. To me seems like gameplan needs to be Portal for 2024 and land an elite prospect that can start for 2025/26 - otherwise we're relying on Emory/Jacurri to massively progress. Those two still aren't bad takes imo, because they have talent/potential, and are relatively cheap. But even if you really believed in Judd, the evaluation changes as soon as he (or anyone) isn't even THE GUY at QB in their senior season of HS. And even if you do still like him, just with the way the depth chart & Elligibility look this should be a class we bring in a top QB, and if we don't next year it's an absolute must.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2:55:00, ******* brutal lol.. throws a horrible pass to a covered WR, coaches don't trust him at all and decide to run a draw up the middle on second and long, down 5.. then Judd proves them right and throws a horrible int the very next play.

They put in the other QB after the pick too. I want it to work out for the kid but he’s going to have to work on some things just to keep his starting job in HS.

Advertisement
Back