On Judd Anderson

View as article
For those who hope Mario is going to recruit over Judd Anderson (or bring in a 2nd HS QB) :

Anderson says his understanding is he will be the only QB in the class. “I’m their guy,” he said. And he says the message he got from Mario Cristobal is that “He said he’s getting me around some studs. He’s such an amazing guy, I love being around him.”

He also enjoyed spending extensive time with OC Shannon Dawson:

“He said his offense is made for a big, tall quarterback who likes to throw the ball around, and that’s how I think of myself,” Anderson, who is 6-foot-7, said. “We cut up some spring game film, got into it. He showed me different ways I can fit in to the offense.”
1687835100512.png

Advertisement
A thread on 247 indicates the score was 41-14 by the time Buford's starters came out. And one of Jones County’s touchdowns at this point in the scrimmage came on the opening kickoff return by 4* Oklahoma WR commit Zion Ragins.

Dylan Raiola went 6-of-7 for 160 yards and 3 TD's for Buford.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Poster on 247 said he started off rough and got pulled. Maybe got back in eventually but haven't seen any stats . They got blown out as expected.

Its also a jamberee/scrimmage where they were expected to rotate players. Buford is going to do that to alot of teams. this year

Advertisement
Got some feedback on this scrimmage from someone there doing some scouting on Buford

Keep in mind Buford is arguably one of the best teams in America and probably a top 5 defense in the country.

Judd started the game and threw a pick but it got reversed on a BS PI call on Buford. Went on to get strip sacked on the same drive and then Jones County recovered and he threw a lame duck incompletion to end the drive.

Not sure if it was part of the plan all along because it was a scrimmage or if they're going to do this all year or even if it was a result of that drive but they put in a younger dual threat QB and he actually made a few plays and kept them in the game somewhat - including a big 35-40 yard TD pass as he got drilled in the pocket.

Went back to Judd and he dinked and dunked and handed off a few times and didn't do anything. Then put a pick 6 right in the defenders chest that jumped a short out route and he dropped it.

Backup QB #16 got a few more drives and really didn't do a lot himself after throwing that impressive TD early in the game. Up to that point #16 definitely looked tougher, more poised, and more comfortable and competitive than Judd, but neither was doing a lot against this defense.

Judd flashed big in the 3rd quarter dodging some pressure and moving up in the pocket and put a dot in the back of the end zone but it went through the WRs hands. Made a decent short throw and handed a few times and then drilled a TD in the back corner of the end zone. Actually looked solid when he got time to throw and they let him drive it down field.

Overall, he looked uncomfortable and very meh. Said he had several lame ducks when he had to catch and throw quickly. Very clunky in his mechanics and when it's not in sync it doesn't come out of his hand right and doesn't have any velocity on it.

Can move in the pocket and had some pressure in the pocket where guys were dragging him down but he was big enough to stand in and just throw the ball out to avoid the sack. Made a few decent short throwing rolling to his right. Never drove it down field moving in the pocket. Can't throw at all going to his left.

Pretty decent deep ball with touch. Short and intermediate game is bad. Person giving me the information said he's definitely a P5 prospect but he's at least 2-3 years away once he gets to college. Watching him vs Raiola was not even in the same stratosphere and it was obvious in all elements of both kid's game.

He'll put up better numbers than he did a year ago, even if they use the 2 QB system. Not everyone will be Buford that he plays. But overall he'd be surprised if he ever played at Miami. If he does, probably more indicative of Miami than of Judd. Possibly could get on the field 3-4 years down the road at a program like GT, Texas Tech, Houston, West Virginia, etc. but better served as developmental at a UAB, Georgia State, or Tulane type program.

Got some feedback on this scrimmage from someone there doing some scouting on Buford

Keep in mind Buford is arguably one of the best teams in America and probably a top 5 defense in the country.

Judd started the game and threw a pick but it got reversed on a BS PI call on Buford. Went on to get strip sacked on the same drive and then Jones County recovered and he threw a lame duck incompletion to end the drive.

Not sure if it was part of the plan all along because it was a scrimmage or if they're going to do this all year or even if it was a result of that drive but they put in a younger dual threat QB and he actually made a few plays and kept them in the game somewhat - including a big 35-40 yard TD pass as he got drilled in the pocket.

Went back to Judd and he dinked and dunked and handed off a few times and didn't do anything. Then put a pick 6 right in the defenders chest that jumped a short out route and he dropped it.

Backup QB #16 got a few more drives and really didn't do a lot himself after throwing that impressive TD early in the game. Up to that point #16 definitely looked tougher, more poised, and more comfortable and competitive than Judd, but neither was doing a lot against this defense.

Judd flashed big in the 3rd quarter dodging some pressure and moving up in the pocket and put a dot in the back of the end zone but it went through the WRs hands. Made a decent short throw and handed a few times and then drilled a TD in the back corner of the end zone. Actually looked solid when he got time to throw and they let him drive it down field.

Overall, he looked uncomfortable and very meh. Said he had several lame ducks when he had to catch and throw quickly. Very clunky in his mechanics and when it's not in sync it doesn't come out of his hand right and doesn't have any velocity on it.

Can move in the pocket and had some pressure in the pocket where guys were dragging him down but he was big enough to stand in and just throw the ball out to avoid the sack. Made a few decent short throwing rolling to his right. Never drove it down field moving in the pocket. Can't throw at all going to his left.

Pretty decent deep ball with touch. Short and intermediate game is bad. Person giving me the information said he's definitely a P5 prospect but he's at least 2-3 years away once he gets to college. Watching him vs Raiola was not even in the same stratosphere and it was obvious in all elements of both kid's game.

He'll put up better numbers than he did a year ago, even if they use the 2 QB system. Not everyone will be Buford that he plays. But overall he'd be surprised if he ever played at Miami. If he does, probably more indicative of Miami than of Judd. Possibly could get on the field 3-4 years down the road at a program like GT, Texas Tech, Houston, West Virginia, etc. but better served as developmental at a UAB, Georgia State, or Tulane type program.

Excellent post with thorough detail. Much appreciated.

Advertisement
Also he told me there's a few HS football YouTubers that were in attendance so some highlights are probably coming. Possible that they just focus on the prominent kids at Buford or even just Raiola but there might be something out there soon. One of them was called "Under the Radar"

Advertisement
I don’t understand taking him but at this point can u just turn the kid away lol?
I could see it ending up like Sitkowski but I wouldn't project it.

Worst case scenario (for Judd) is Miami has a good season and can lure a talented HS QB and he still gets a chance to come in as QB2 in the class. Doubt they turn him away completely because of numbers in our QB room. Especially with Jacurri struggling.

SMH. I don’t care about stars at all, but **** even looking at this kid’s film I don’t see how he was a take. He’s gotta be looking to transition to another position at the U because we can’t be left with him and Jacurri at some point in 2025. Miami needs to really attack UGA QB. The one from CT.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Back