On Judd Anderson

View as article
Like how does buddy have 13 ints in a wing T?? You only throw the ball 10x per game in that offense if you’re really living on the edge. It’s borderline unimaginable to throw more than 1 pick per game in a wing t offense. wtf are we doing 😅
I believe it was his first year not playing in a wing T offense. His highlights looks like more of a spread offense.

Advertisement
This is the recruiting board and that's what I'm talking about.

if you think we've done enough to go from 5 wins to 10 wins on the field based on 1 recruiting class and an average transfer portal haul (not to mention how many guys we lost in the portal) you're delusional.

This team isn't very talented and the team isn't well-coached. Even with a New OC I don't see us being better than a 7 win team.

It doesn't make me any less of a cane fan because I wont buy into the offseason bull****.

I get your point about us not going from 5 to 10 wins in a year, and I agree, but for the record we've had the #12 portal class two years in a row. That's not average. If you were to equate recruiting rankings to AP poll rankings, being the 12th best in CFB means 10-11 wins. So we've been recruiting the portal very well, and we've been recruiting the HS ranks even better.

Not sure how you can say "this team isn't well coached" yet either since you've never seen 70% of this coaching staff coach a game at Miami, and I doubt you have a problem with Mirabal at the least. I doubt you're there watching spring practice either.

Also we "lost" one guy in the portal, Jackson, who transferred closed to home to be near his ailing mother. We pushed out the rest (maybe Campbell was pushed out or maybe he wasn't pushed out but he got passed and I don't think we gave a crap that he left). That's how you bring in 35-40 new kids in one off-season. You need to make room.

Last edited:
I anticipate they will still recruit QBs but this kid reminds me of a similar big bodied 6’6 225 QB that was a 3* out of Sheldon HS in Eugene that played at Oregon.

Except that over 14 games, Herbert threw 46 TDs with 3 INTs, with around a 66% completion percentage. There is raw and then there is the "the cow is still mooing" raw. Harbor Freight looks like the latter.

Except that over 14 games, Herbert threw 46 TDs with 3 INTs, with around a 66% completion percentage. There is raw and then there is the "the cow is still mooing" raw. Harbor Freight looks like the latter.

I never said he was Herbert but I can see the body type of QB they want. I think they still want 2 QBs just like they wanted last year. This kid isn’t coming in to start immediately obviously. Plus like some said above the portal can be your friend

Plus like some said above the portal can be your friend

That may be true, but portal is also basically free agency which means paying NFL money for a college QB. Is UM willing to do that? So far doesn't seem to be the case for WRs, so not confident that we'd break open the piggy bank for a top transfer QB.

Advertisement
Like how does buddy have 13 ints in a wing T?? You only throw the ball 10x per game in that offense if you’re really living on the edge. It’s borderline unimaginable to throw more than 1 pick per game in a wing t offense. wtf are we doing 😅
No. The 13 picks didn’t come in the wing T. Wing T offenses don’t throw it enough for that, 😂🤣😂. The 13 picks came from being in a modern spread offense for the first time in his life. The kid is ultra competitive. So he takes chances with the football. Another of his issues is he’s a 1st read QB right now. He struggled when his 1st option was covered. It’s stuff he’s gotta work on.

That may be true, but portal is also basically free agency which means paying NFL money for a college QB. Is UM willing to do that? So far doesn't seem to be the case for WRs, CBs, DTs, DEs or Safety, so not confident that we'd break open the piggy bank for a top transfer QB.

Advertisement
I get your point about us not going from 5 to 10 wins in a year, and I agree, but for the record we've had the #12 portal class two years in a row. That's not average. If you were to equate recruiting rankings to AP poll rankings, being the 12th best in CFB means 10-11 wins. So we've been recruiting the portal very well, and we've been recruiting the HS ranks even better.

Not sure how you can say "this team isn't well coached" yet either since you've never seen 70% of this coaching staff coach a game at Miami, and I doubt you have a problem with Mirabal at the least. I doubt you're there watching spring practice either.

Also we "lost" one guy in the portal, Jackson, who transferred closed to home to be near his ailing mother. We pushed out the rest (maybe Campbell was pushed out or maybe he wasn't pushed out but he got passed and I don't think we gave a crap that he left). That's how you bring in 35-40 new kids in one off-season. You need to make room.
Same story different season I guess. I don't feel like going back and forth on these subjects and you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

My main point still stands. We won't recruit at a high level this season unless we win 10+ games. We can revisit this at year's end when we win 7 games or 10 games and chat about it then.

Same story different season I guess. I don't feel like going back and forth on these subjects and you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

My main point still stands. We won't recruit at a high level this season unless we win 10+ games. We can revisit this at year's end when we win 7 games or 10 games and chat about it then.

I hear you, but you made some negative and inaccurate statements. God-willing a healthy TVD this year, as well as 40 new players, new coordinators, new coaches, all off an excellent #7 class with 8 transfers in and probably 3-6 more coming... you can say whatever you want, and you are too entitled to your opinion, but its not the "same story." It's a very different team, staff with a new offense and a new defense. You'd be hard-pressed to change the "story" more in one offseason.

Advertisement
Juddgement?

@JamesQuall

Wile E Coyote Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes
youtube no GIF by ADWEEK

I hear you, but you made some negative and inaccurate statements. God-willing a healthy TVD this year, as well as 40 new players, new coordinators, new coaches, all off an excellent #7 class with 8 transfers in and probably 3-6 more coming... you can say whatever you want, and you are too entitled to your opinion, but its not the "same story." It's a very different team, staff with a new offense and a new defense. You'd be hard-pressed to change the "story" more in one offseason.
Ummmm what about last offseason when every coach was new and we brought in a bunch of transfers. Or every three years at Miami before that.

Believe what you want. Most of the portal guys we got weren't highly recruited by elite schools and the high school kids coming in this year won't contribute to wins even if they play. Outside the OL guys potentially having an impact because the rest of our guys aren't very good.

This team is going to be average at best.

Ummmm what about last offseason when every coach was new and we brought in a bunch of transfers. Or every three years at Miami before that.

Believe what you want. Most of the portal guys we got weren't highly recruited by elite schools and the high school kids coming in this year won't contribute to wins even if they play. Outside the OL guys potentially having an impact because the rest of our guys aren't very good.

This team is going to be average at best.

Facts. I realize there are probably only 20-25 pre Mario kids left on the roster. But the talent is heavily weighted to 2023 and some 2022. We’re better but not dramatically so and too young. A critical look at our roster wouldn’t scare any decent team. Especially our defense which is still going to be porous without 4-5 more portalers.

Advertisement
No way we miss on this kid since we have Alonzo Highsmith on staff and ..... he evaluated talent in the NFL!
At least that's what posters were saying as they were singing his praises and saying what a difference he would make for us in recruiting when he first became part of the staff.

Dorsey was also a two sport letterman in football & basketball & was a USA Today Honorable Mention for the All-USA Selection. The rankings were quite different back then, but he for sure would’ve been a 4 star QB by today’s rating formula.
Robert Marve did well…

A lot of great hot takes in this thread…

Not thrilled but seeing as this looks to be a two QB take cycle I know this isn’t going to be our only take. Wouldn’t be shocked if we reach for a starter type out of the portal…

Advertisement
Back