On Burroughs

Advertisement
This may seem like a rationalization, but I truly believe this is a better situation for us.

We could be losing Taylor, Deen, JHH, Lichtenstein and Gore all at once. That leaves us with just Moten, Horton and Campbell. We are going to hit the Portal anyway but this is the equivalent of a home run Portal add with a year of development in our system.
The fact that we need at least 4 more DT for next year is scary.

You’re telling me I’ve got to eat a bunch of crow now?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
I have no idea who he is, but I looked at a picture of him. Why do Bama guys that are 6’2” or 6’3” around 315-325 look soooo much different than our guys with the same numbers? (That’s a rhetorical question.)

I know you said rhetorical but I’ve always felt our numbers were inflated. For example LT is listed at 305 and he hasn’t looked a pound over 285 to me since he has been on campus. I can give other examples too but I’ve seen several college programs up close along with the next level and idk, our “bigs” just haven’t always looked it, it’s weird.

Advertisement
This may seem like a rationalization, but I truly believe this is a better situation for us.

We could be losing Taylor, Deen, JHH, Lichtenstein and Gore all at once. That leaves us with just Moten, Horton and Campbell. We are going to hit the Portal anyway but this is the equivalent of a home run Portal add with a year of development in our system.
I see you didn’t mention Jones. Should we read into that? Also, any sort of report how Burroughs has looked in practice?

Nothing official yet but it’s looking like he will redshirt and play next year, per source with knowledge. Huge boon to what was looking like a thin depth chart.

They did their due diligence and are comfortable with the kid. Good grades and good reports. They also have a year to get to know him. This part didn’t come from Miami, but the coach he fought has a history of altercations.

As a player, I am told he is a skilled interior pass rusher with a high football IQ. Similar in style to Leonard Taylor- maybe not quite as athletic, but older with years of Alabama development.

He’s also a walk-on, so he will not count against our scholly limit.
Rhetorical question...

and he affords UM tuition how then???

Advertisement
I know you said rhetorical but I’ve always felt our numbers were inflated. For example LT is listed at 305 and he hasn’t looked a pound over 285 to me since he has been on campus. I can give other examples too but I’ve seen several college programs up close along with the next level and idk, our “bigs” just haven’t always looked it, it’s weird.
I think it’s more body types and body frames.

We mostly measure from the base of our balls

Advertisement
Yea LT has said himself he has been lower than that. But he is now he it is definitely the biggest he has been and I seen one lil report saying he is up to 310

Advertisement
Back