On Burroughs

Still need another addition to that room this December for 24, and preferably an established veteran but ..

Burroughs/*Portal*/Moten/Horton/ULL kid + Freshman class isn’t bad and is actually pretty ******* good in terms of the pure body types you want inside IMO. Hopefully that Freshman class involves Jones and another “whale”. Those guys wont have to be rushed into play and could develop their bodies like legit programs with depth actually do with their talented freshman bigs …
I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in TWO more portal guys on top of Burroughs for 24 honestly. In fact I would welcome it like a mf. Depth at this position has been as issue here for us forever, that would be a monumental step in fixing that.

Advertisement
This may seem like a rationalization, but I truly believe this is a better situation for us.

We could be losing Taylor, Deen, JHH, Lichtenstein and Gore all at once. That leaves us with just Moten, Horton and Campbell. We are going to hit the Portal anyway but this is the equivalent of a home run Portal add with a year of development in our system.
1693439567181.gif

Still need another addition to that room this December for 24, and preferably an established veteran but ..

Burroughs/*Portal*/Moten/Horton/ULL kid + Freshman class isn’t bad and is actually pretty ******* good in terms of the pure body types you want inside IMO. Hopefully that Freshman class involves Jones and another “whale”. Those guys wont have to be rushed into play and could develop their bodies like legit programs with depth actually do with their talented freshman bigs …
I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in TWO more portal guys on top of Burroughs for 24 honestly. In fact I would welcome it like a mf. Depth at this position has been as issue here for us forever, that would be a monumental step in fixing that.
We have moved from whales to baby dolphins.

So many underrate the value of scout team. They are truly getting your team ready throughout the week and practice against your starters. Thin teams don't struggle just because of injuries, they struggle because they are simply not getting prepared for game weeks against scout teams littered with 250-pound walk-ons.

This kid will immediately help with that and prepare them for bigger bodies than we currently have to practice against.

To me, it's no-lose unless he's a true locker room cancer, which I doubt.

Advertisement

That second portal kid better be, as you labeled, a close to starter level player. It will put less pressure on Moten or Horton to make a massive leap. I’m probably one of the bigger Artavius Jones fans on the board and thought David Stone could give us 3T snaps next season, but I despise relying on DTs in their first couple seasons.

Nothing official yet but it’s looking like he will redshirt and play next year, per source with knowledge. Huge boon to what was looking like a thin depth chart.

They did their due diligence and are comfortable with the kid. Good grades and good reports. They also have a year to get to know him. This part didn’t come from Miami, but the coach he fought has a history of altercations.

As a player, I am told he is a skilled interior pass rusher with a high football IQ. Similar in style to Leonard Taylor- maybe not quite as athletic, but older with years of Alabama development.

He’s also a walk-on, so he will not count against our scholly limit.
Amazing... @DMoney I know you said home run.. Where would you rank him in terms of the portal DTs that hit this year assuming we have Bear as 1... Is this a better prospect than the OL Miss guy? Deen?

Advertisement
Redshirt as in not playing at all or redshirt but he will play in 4 games?

There are 4 games in the schedule where we will need depth. Maybe not Tamu cause it’s too soon for him. But we will need him at Clemson and fsu at the very least.

Advertisement

There are 4 games in the schedule where we will need depth. Maybe not Tamu cause it’s too soon for him. But we will need him at Clemson and fsu at the very least.
Seems like he will have to sit out this year like transfers used to work unless he gets a waiver

he is not playing this year if no waiver. doesn't seem like a waiver candidate either but idk

Advertisement
This may seem like a rationalization, but I truly believe this is a better situation for us.

We could be losing Taylor, Deen, JHH, Lichtenstein and Gore all at once. That leaves us with just Moten, Horton and Campbell. We are going to hit the Portal anyway but this is the equivalent of a home run Portal add with a year of development in our system.
Crazy we are losing that much a DT and can’t land high school kids. Do
You see Joe on this staph next year after his continued failures to recruit his position?

Advertisement
Back