On Burroughs

Advertisement
I love this.

No reason to go after HS DTs anymore. Load up on war daddies who’ve played in the SEC. This is how you win in the ACC.
agree, seasoned DT who was going to get a ton of burn on Bama's DL (inevitably beating out incredible competition on that roster) equates to better return than just about any HS recruit we could hope to land

The fact that we need at least 4 more DT for next year is scary.
I think the coaches have their wants at DT in HS and if we don’t flip those whales we’ll hit the portal hard with some provens. No more 3 star DTs out of HS just because

Advertisement
I love this.

No reason to go after HS DTs anymore. Load up on war daddies who’ve played in the SEC. This is how you win in the ACC.

I'm not saying this applies to this particular situation but I think the problem teams like Alabama are going to run into is they cannot afford to get into crazy bidding wars for 4 & 5 star recruits every single year. So I'm sure part of the sales pitch is, "Yea, these guys are offering you more but this is Alabama. You're gonna make it into the league". The second those guys feel they're not getting their fair shot all the sudden the money becomes an issue. And teams that are desperate are going to pay guys and make it real hard to say no.

I just don't think in the new world you can amass the talent they do and expect to hold onto it. It won't affect the superstars but it's going to hurt their depth.

You’re telling me I’ve got to eat a bunch of crow now?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
With alcohol-free beer.

Advertisement
Nothing official yet but it’s looking like he will redshirt and play next year, per source with knowledge. Huge boon to what was looking like a thin depth chart.

They did their due diligence and are comfortable with the kid. Good grades and good reports. They also have a year to get to know him. This part didn’t come from Miami, but the coach he fought has a history of altercations.

As a player, I am told he is a skilled interior pass rusher with a high football IQ. Similar in style to Leonard Taylor- maybe not quite as athletic, but older with years of Alabama development.

He’s also a walk-on, so he will not count against our scholly limit.
Herald rag refers to an incident with pellet gun and their strength/cond coach. 2 yrs remaining eligibility.

I love this.

If cornrows can win at gaining transfers so can Mario. Has to continue recruiting HS and transfers successfully.

Advertisement
if he had entered the portal last cycke @Lance Roffers where would you have ranked him. I think there was a Kentucky? transfer that was a 5 star that we were after he didn't qualify. Is this guy on that level?
I won’t pretend to have evaluated all DT’s who entered the portal and put together an ordinal ranking, so keep that in mind.

To me, he’s a good, starter-quality DT at the P5 level who can clearly play for any program in the country right now. The potential is there to be an All-ACC player because of his size and quickness.

The part I cannot tell you about is the character of the player. One of the driving factors to a player hitting certain percentages of possible outcomes is their own drive to improve.

Deen was a kid I really liked on tape. Strong, relentless, produced against good competition. This kid is right there for me, with NFL potential if he works hard.

The Texas A&M transfer had superior physical tools and was probably another level for me.

If you lined them up and asked me to choose, it’s a toss-up with this kid and Darrel Jackson. I’d lean this kid on tape, but Jackson is younger in age and has meat on the bone.

The Fiske kid that FSU got was ready-made and will be a very good ACC DT this year.

It was an active year for DT portal and while I wouldn’t have this kid #1 overall, he’s in that first tier to my eyes.

I won’t pretend to have evaluated all DT’s who entered the portal and put together an ordinal ranking, so keep that in mind.

To me, he’s a good, starter-quality DT at the P5 level who can clearly play for any program in the country right now. The potential is there to be an All-ACC player because of his size and quickness.

The part I cannot tell you about is the character of the player. One of the driving factors to a player hitting certain percentages of possible outcomes is their own drive to improve.

Deen was a kid I really liked on tape. Strong, relentless, produced against good competition. This kid is right there for me, with NFL potential if he works hard.

The Texas A&M transfer had superior physical tools and was probably another level for me.

If you lined them up and asked me to choose, it’s a toss-up with this kid and Darrel Jackson. I’d lean this kid on tape, but Jackson is younger in age and has meat on the bone.

The Fiske kid that FSU got was ready-made and will be a very good ACC DT this year.

It was an active year for DT portal and while I wouldn’t have this kid #1 overall, he’s in that first tier to my eyes.
Thank you Lance. If that is the cass then this is a home run. Getting a first tier DT from that program is a fantastic job by Mario.

That second portal kid better be, as you labeled, a close to starter level player. It will put less pressure on Moten or Horton to make a massive leap. I’m probably one of the bigger Artavius Jones fans on the board and thought David Stone could give us 3T snaps next season, but I despise relying on DTs in their first couple seasons.
I’m not relying on a kid that said “go noles”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back