On Burroughs

Advertisement
we took him AFTER he punched a coach. its the same thing lol. we took him bc we were desperate.
I understand what you're saying.. But with one incident there's a chance it could have been a one time thing we just decided to overlook

But the next coach who takes him will be overlooking two incidents.. That becomes a pattern and means they're even more desperate.

Not sure where the confusion is.

I understand what you're saying.. But with one incident there's a chance it could have been a one time thing we just decided to overlook

But the next coach who takes him will be overlooking two incidents.. That becomes a pattern and means they're even more desperate.

Not sure where the confusion is.
the confusion is that youre okay with taking a dude who punched a coach but shaming a fictional Ole Miss commitment for a dude bc this entire board hates lane who all he has done is win since he got to FAU

Advertisement
At this point, the reasons for him joining then departing the team are irrelevant. The effect is we have a gaping hole in our interior defense. JHH, Clark, Cook, Moten, Horton and a bunch of true freshmen are enough bodies, but not enough Grown *** Man disruptive force.

So add DT to WR and CB. 3 portal spots to get this team right-sized, IMO.

At this point, the reasons for him joining then departing the team are irrelevant. The effect is we have a gaping hole in our interior defense. JHH, Clark, Cook, Moten, Horton and a bunch of true freshmen are enough bodies, but not enough Grown *** Man disruptive force.

I mean do we really want guys post spring? The only guys that will be available are the ones who are getting beat out and falling down their depth chart. I think Scott and Blount will probably be significantly better than any guy we find in the portal post spring

Clark is huge (pause). Don’t think we need another guy there IMO

Advertisement
Didn't read the last 4 pages, this guy gone or nah?
200.gif

the confusion is that youre okay with taking a dude who punched a coach but shaming a fictional Ole Miss commitment for a dude bc this entire board hates lane who all he has done is win since he got to FAU

I think you are missing the larger point here.

In the first example, the kid had a fight with a coach, when the coach tried to take the kid's AirSoft gun away. Nobody said "punched", who knows exactly what happened in terms of the physicality.

And after speaking with this kid over the incident, Miami gave him a walk-on opportunity. Fits the profile of "second-chance", particularly if the kid was convincing in expressing his remorse and lessons-learned.

But he also didn't make it past a few months of time without having a similar fight, this time with a player rather than a coach. And if another school wants to give him a walk-on opportunity and a third chance, I don't think anyone would be concerned. However, upgrading him back to "full-ride" might seem a bit questionable under the circumstances.

Come on, man, don't be so worried about poor Lane Train, and what everyone's saying about poor Lane Train, and whether poor Lane Train is being treated fairly on the Miami boards.

There’s no way in the world we’re losing to Florida, especially since we no longer have a question mark at QB. If you go down the list and look at each individual unit we literally have an advantage at every position group. The only positive the Turds have going for them is that the game is being played at The Swamp, that’s it. The biggest advantage we have, by far, is in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Murda Mertz will be running for his life all game, and I don’t see them being able to get any pressure on Cam. Still a long ways to go until next season, but if I had to make a prediction right now I like Miami 34-17.
We turn the ball over 4-5 times, its a guaranteed loss. It will be a tough game. The odds of us winning by 17 are slim.

Advertisement
There’s no way in the world we’re losing to Florida, especially since we no longer have a question mark at QB. If you go down the list and look at each individual unit we literally have an advantage at every position group. The only positive the Turds have going for them is that the game is being played at The Swamp, that’s it. The biggest advantage we have, by far, is in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Murda Mertz will be running for his life all game, and I don’t see them being able to get any pressure on Cam. Still a long ways to go until next season, but if I had to make a prediction right now I like Miami 34-17.
Statistically, a 10-14 point favorite will outright lose a game 20% of the time.

Even 24-point favorites lose games 5% of the time.

A win against the gators is far from a sure bet.

I think you are missing the larger point here.

In the first example, the kid had a fight with a coach, when the coach tried to take the kid's AirSoft gun away. Nobody said "punched", who knows exactly what happened in terms of the physicality.

And after speaking with this kid over the incident, Miami gave him a walk-on opportunity. Fits the profile of "second-chance", particularly if the kid was convincing in expressing his remorse and lessons-learned.

But he also didn't make it past a few months of time without having a similar fight, this time with a player rather than a coach. And if another school wants to give him a walk-on opportunity and a third chance, I don't think anyone would be concerned. However, upgrading him back to "full-ride" might seem a bit questionable under the circumstances.

Come on, man, don't be so worried about poor Lane Train, and what everyone's saying about poor Lane Train, and whether poor Lane Train is being treated fairly on the Miami boards.
kids an idiot for getting into a fight w a coach over an air soft gun. also, Burroughs reportedly struck assistant strength coach and former Alabama defensive lineman Josh Chapman after an argument surrounding the use of gel pellet guns. so from the bama side, it was alleged he hit a coach.

either way, hes off the team and out of school. the spot is better served for someone who actually deserves it and not an idiot

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back