On Burroughs

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Nothing official yet but it’s looking like he will redshirt and play next year, per source with knowledge. Huge boon to what was looking like a thin depth chart.

They did their due diligence and are comfortable with the kid. Good grades and good reports. They also have a year to get to know him. This part didn’t come from Miami, but the coach he fought has a history of altercations.

As a player, I am told he is a skilled interior pass rusher with a high football IQ. Similar in style to Leonard Taylor- maybe not quite as athletic, but older with years of Alabama development.

He’s also a walk-on, so he will not count against our scholly limit.

Advertisement
Why cant he play this season? Does that have something to do with his enrollment date?

Advertisement
cocaine GIF

Advertisement
Portal date.

Which, for the second period, was April 15 to April 30. Burroughs entered the Portal in June.
Not sure if was you or someone else on Recruiting thread. If Bama pulled his ship does that matter any? Also, I think there is some catch if the player was suspended at old school. So tough to keep up on portal rules.

Advertisement
I have been watching this situation for a while and between Mario's connections with Nick Saban and Cohen his former teammate vouching for him added to Miami's desperate need at DT this move makes sense and forces the youngman to prove himself at no direct roster cost.

Go Canes

Advertisement
****, I am disappointed he won’t be playing this year. Oh well, still good for the program. Will help this year in practice preparation and of course next year.
This may seem like a rationalization, but I truly believe this is a better situation for us.

We could be losing Taylor, Deen, JHH, Lichtenstein and Gore all at once. That leaves us with just Moten, Horton and Campbell. We are going to hit the Portal anyway but this is the equivalent of a home run Portal add with a year of development in our system.

Advertisement
Back