Omier enters name into NBA draft

You can give money to anyone you want as long as their government doesn't have a problem with it. As long as Omier doesn't bring it into the US directly, the NCAA can do nothing...
No one is saying to designate to directly to Omeir.. it can be given to his dad.

NGOs and mission agencies do it all the time supporting local workers
Tshiebwe (another non-US citizen) cleaned up money-wise on a summer 2022 trip the Kentucky team took to the Bahamas. Aren't we playing in a tourney there next Fall?

Advertisement
What if Norchad did this to make us more attractive for a portal big man. Once that big man commits, Norchad announces his return. Dominant frontcourt, Natl Title, 40-0
Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

I'm not in the camp that says Omier should be taking 3's. I think he'd be more valuable and effective if he could develop a solid face up mid range jumper.
It's all a process. Basically starting at the basket and working your way out. Based off some of what I saw him do at Ark St. tells me his face up game is a lot more developed than some may think. Just gotta continue to work on his craft this off-season in hopes he's mastered it by the time next season rolls around. His 3-point game on the other hand may be a year or 2 away. That said, many say the easiest thing to learn in basketball is shooting. Repetition and muscle memory.

Only in Miami do you get a player to declare and such player has zero chance being drafted....
Not true by any stretch. Many players declare for the draft, just for the feedback and the experience in the process. Knowing good and well they may not get a draftable grade. Matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet that most underclassmen who declare and come back do it knowing there's a very good chance they're not going to get the feedback they're hoping for. The process is what it is. It's the landscape we live in today's basketball world. No harm. No foul.

One Omier NBA Projected Possible 2nd Rounder evaluation:

A big-bodied PF/C who could find a role in the league as a small-ball 5. He’s a high level rebounder who really knows how to use his frame to carve out space in the lane and gives great effort on the glass.

Does all the dirty work and doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be effective. A good screener and solid passer from the high post.

Is a solid FT shooter with decent touch from mid range.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A "small ball 5" is actually what the NBA might be starting to favor these days what with the dominance of the 3 point shot. They want rebounders at the 5 (albeit maybe a bit taller than Norchad) who can run the floor/get outlet passes upcourt off the defensive glass. Abilty to score is a bonus as the bulk of your points are coming from your 3 point bombers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't remember did Wong or Mcgusty get invited to this camp or the actual combine the year/years they declared before eventually returning to Miami or is this a bad sign?

I can't remember did Wong or Mcgusty get invited to this camp or the actual combine the year/years they declared before eventually returning to Miami or is this a bad sign?
Don’t know about McGusty but Wong didn’t get invite to the combine or the G League camp. He had a couple workouts for teams tho.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think they did. But it's rare for anyone from this camp to get drafted, so our odds are still good.
Can they go all the way thru draft night and as long as they didn't sign an agent and get drafted they can return to school or is there a deadline to remove their name from consideration?

Advertisement
Back