Omier enters name into NBA draft

Bmacthe1

Redshirt Junior
That was out of nowhere (Can come back since no agent has been signed)

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 85
Advertisement
Advertisement
Really hope he returns or this season could look drastically different. Loved having him on the team. Wanted 2 years

Last edited:
Advertisement
Omier will need to work on a jump shot if he wants any hope of taking it to the next level. Almost certain he’s looking for feedback on where to improve. He’s far better served coming back.

Undersized big men who stand under the basket don’t last long in the NBA.

On one hand I think he's just not gonna get the feedback necessary for him to stay in the draft, he's a non shooter at like 6'7"-6'8" and a guy like him in Tshiebwe is getting mocked in the late 50s. When you're that much on the edge of getting drafted, the prospect of a fat NIL deal and the security of not getting cut while also getting to work on your game in a comfortable environment is so much more promising than fighting for a two way spot in the league.

On the other hand, if he's gone I actually think Nwoko is very ready to step up big time and start day 1, rotating with Beran and Casey as small ball 5s. At that point you also take another big in the portal and maybe even bring Aire back?

Omier is like 80% coming back though imo. All he has to do is look at how Wong came back last year and improved across the board to vault his name up draft boards. I'm sure if Omier asked Coach L to take a few threes a game he would oblige. Just needs to lock in this summer as a shooter, come back and shoot above 33% from 3 and he becomes instantly draftable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back