Omier enters name into NBA draft

Advertisement
Would miss this talent greatly but wish him the best. Good guy and nice announcement (I wish Beverly had at least said "bye ya'all". )

Please read and digest what @IndayArtHauz and @JZCane0825 wrote. I know we are not as reactive as the football board, but let’s all try to remember to support these young men when they make decisions that are in the best interest of the men and their families. Omier should learn what the NBA people think of him, his game, and where he needs to improve. And this is the method to do it.

Advertisement
Did he get 2 yr option for Life Wallet $$ as Pack did?
Unless Ruiz (or someone) elected to reveal in public some aspects of individual NIL offers and contracts, this stuff is surely unknown... what performance incentives (player/team), form and timing of payment, amounts generally, buyback or whatever liability for leaving early or non-performance, etc. I don't even think we know the full details of Pack's "arrangement".

****, I want him back but also hope he gets drafted. It's looking like 2023-24 could be a rebuilding year unfortunately if Omier actually enters.
Tell me you don’t know anything without telling me. Omier is a big piece of the puzzle and even if he left, which is extremely unlikely, this team has enough pieces to be good. It wouldn’t be as strong in the front Kurt, but with what Miami has in the backcourt, there’s enough to at least be a solid bubble team if not better. Omier is **** good, but he isn’t the second coming of Dennis Rodman.

Advertisement
Tell me you don’t know anything without telling me. Omier is a big piece of the puzzle and even if he left, which is extremely unlikely, this team has enough pieces to be good. It wouldn’t be as strong in the front Kurt, but with what Miami has in the backcourt, there’s enough to at least be a solid bubble team if not better. Omier is **** good, but he isn’t the second coming of Dennis Rodman.
If Omier leaves were not competing for a championship unless they find someone just as good to replace him. He was absolutely massive for us last season.

Not surprised. He'll be a great fit with Golden St. Expect this to be norm for us going forward. Also, there's nothing wrong with getting feedback from the league.

Advertisement

His departure would also be a surprise to Larranaga, who last week said, "I've had discussions with all of them and I will say that I'm counting on them for next year. Conversations with players today, you can't predict anything. I think those guys (Omier and Nijel Pack) are planning to come back, but who the heck knows in today's college basketball world."

Advertisement
If Omier leaves were not competing for a championship unless they find someone just as good to replace him. He was absolutely massive for us last season.
You said it was a REBUILDING year if he left, when in reality, Miami would be a solid Tournament team, with a ceiling that would be a little lower than if he had stayed. Frankly, it's a joke to even consider him leaving because it's EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to begin with. You overreacted, take the L and move on.

You said it was a REBUILDING year if he left, when in reality, Miami would be a solid Tournament team, with a ceiling that would be a little lower than if he had stayed. Frankly, it's a joke to even consider him leaving because it's EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to begin with. You overreacted, take the L and move on.
If he does leave I would look at it as a rebuilding year. We would be losing Wong,Omier and Miller. That's a ton of talent going out the door at once. Can we win 20-24 games and maybe make a sweet 16? Yes but as far as championship contender's, no. Regardless he will probably be back so hopefully we have nothing to worry about.

If he does leave I would look at it as a rebuilding year. We would be losing Wong,Omier and Miller. That's a ton of talent going out the door at once. Can we win 20-24 games and maybe make a sweet 16? Yes but as far as championship contender's, no. Regardless he will probably be back so hopefully we have nothing to worry about.
If you think Miami making the tournament and possibly making the S16 is a rebuilding year, then you know nothing about what this program has been historically. It would be disappointing, because with Omier, this team can be a contender to win it all, but considering that Miami has only made three consecutive NCAA Tournaments ONCE in school history, it's tough to see that as a rebuild. A rebuild year for Miami basketball is when the school is solidly out of the NCAAT conversation.

It's all likely a moot point, I'd wager heavily on Omier coming back.

I think Omier is just going to make the rounds. Meet with some agents. Talk to some teams. Have some workouts. But in the end, I think he'll be right back at Miami. Nothing wrong with that. It'll open up his eyes to what he needs in order to one day get a more realistic crack at the league. I've been wrong before, but don't think there's a chance in **** he gets a draftable grade for the 2023 draft. The only thing that I can see keeping him from coming back will be $$$. If he ain't getting it here, he's going to go get it somewhere else.

Advertisement
Back