Ole Miss RB coach being targeted..

Advertisement
9258477C-3490-4DB8-A44B-1D19644026D0.jpeg

Seider is not leaving PSU until his son Jaden graduates from there, he’s a walk-on at PSU.

His children have also all pretty much grown up in the area, they were raised in Morgantown & have moved to PA since he got hired at Penn St. He’s not as much in a rush to go back to South FL as people always assume he is...

He also had put it out through his agent a few years ago back when Thomas Brown left for the NFL & we were looking for a new RB coach again, that he would only ever come to Miami if given the OC title & allowed to call plays, thus why it didn’t & hasn’t happened yet.
Thoughts on Smith?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thoughts on Smith?
Good coach & recruiter, he signed Henry Parrish, Braylon Brown & Markevious Brown to Ole Miss.

The reason why I wasn’t very high on Mastro was because he didn’t have a great track record as a recruiter & while he was a good coach with lots of experience, he wasn’t the one who recruited CJ Verdell or Travis Dye like most assumed he did, Donte’ Pimpleton did...

Plus he had never recruited in Florida before & not that its the be all end all, but the 2023 class in particular is literally stacked to the ceiling with high caliber RB’s in FL & it wouldn’t have made sense to have a career West Coast guy who’s never even set foot in a FL HS to recruit multiple 4/5-star RB’s who are all at schools & regions that haven’t been historically Cane friendly.

Smith would be a good pickup for us, I think we’d give our selves a very good chance at prospects like Richard Young, Mark Fletcher & Samuel Singleton etc with a trio of guys like BMac, Smith, Field gunning after them.

IF he’s even an actual candidate, because reality is, this could just be another rumor lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good coach & recruiter, he signed Henry Parrish, Braylon Brown & Markevious Brown to Ole Miss.

The reason why I wasn’t very high on Mastro was because he didn’t have a great track record as a recruiter & while he was a good coach with lots of experience, he wasn’t the one who recruited CJ Verdell or Travis Dye like most assumed he did, Donte’ Pimpleton did...

Plus he had never recruited in Florida before & not that its the be all end all, but the 2023 class in particular is literally stacked to the ceiling with high caliber RB’s in FL & it wouldn’t have made sense to have a career West Coast guy who’s never even set foot in a FL HS to recruit multiple 4/5-star RB’s who are all at schools & regions that haven’t been historically Cane friendly.

Smith would be a good pickup for us, I think we’d give our selves a very good chance at prospects like Richard Young, Mark Fletcher & Samuel Singleton etc with a trio of guys like BMac, Faulk, Field gunning after them.

IF he’s even an actual candidate, because reality is, this could just be another rumor lol
It's legit. I was texted earlier today. When I saw that tweet I felt ok enough to say there's smoke. I didn't start the rumor lol.

Smith would be a good pickup for us, I think we’d give our selves a very good chance at prospects like Richard Young, Mark Fletcher & Samuel Singleton etc with a trio of guys like BMac, Faulk, Field gunning after them.

Thanks
He has had some very effective RB rooms and exposure to both Kiffin and Briles. Figured the on field aspect was solid, was interested in how good of a recruiter he was. Dont think he is near a Seider in that regard but looks like a solid up and coming coach.

Advertisement
Back