OK, So WTF Is Really Going On Here!??

How much does youth/inexperience, new O scheme, new OL coach, depth play into the obvious terrible OL play? With that being said, after 7 games, Enos and Barry should have been able to make adjustments to counter the obvious issues. We did see Brevin doing some chipping against GT as pointed out by Roman. Brevin chipping the DE is a damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario because it can limit his ability to get open in passing routes.

Obviously, Romberg and Mount McKinnie are as frustrated as the rest of us about the play of the OL. I just don't think airing your dirty laundry in public is a good look. It could alienate them from both players and coaches. Best case would be that it galvanizes the OL and prods them into working harder to improve. But that's highly unlikely because I doubt seriously they're listening to a Romberg podcast.

romberg who i like is annoying at times. he talks about wanting to get involved and help out and all this ****, but if he were to be placed on staff, he'd be the laziest **** out there. he barely shows up to do his own job, imagine him trying to recruit. with that said, it sucks the line is useless, and both have been there in the summer to "help" them and or berate them, but it is what it is. theres a diff mentality from these kids and the kids back then.

Advertisement
If I had to guess we've lost (2) things on our first encounter with getting smacked during a game.

MINDSET and BELIEVING maybe not all the players but it only takes a few to mope and droop.

Why because we get up for big games only and lose to gimme win opportunities , we lose this weekend way before the forth quarter comes , FSU a blood bath of epic proportions for us this game for most of the country will be switched by the network to other competitive games.

Braces yourselves for a FIU loss down the street from Coral Gables a real sad possibility.

GOCANES

Manny and this staff is fckin bull chit. Stealing money. And these kids have zero pride. Starts from the top. This is what we r. Lol at any fan thinking Manny will improve w/in 3 yrs. This is his new Miami.
He’s the Cuban Taggart. Over his head schematically, organizationally, and tactically, he falls back to vibes and gimmicks. He talks about culture because it is amorphous. Culture is down stream of shared morals / ethical standards. Old boy is standard as **** but has no standards. Ya know?

Not sure if it's been touched on yet, but guess who's at the center of this hack offensive line coach of ours?

Dan Penos.

Barry coached under Penos for five season at CMU. Not only can't Penos call plays, he can't hire a staff, either. Penos really is a son of a bltch and Mandy absolutely whiffed on his most important hire. It's only more depressing when you recall how much he hyped this hire up and how different Penos is compared to the fictional OC he promised the fans.

Mandy hired a terrible OC and gave him free reign over hires on that side of the ball, and now we're dealing with the consequences.

Not sure if it's been touched on yet, but guess who's at the center of this hack offensive line coach of ours?

Dan Penos.

Barry coached under Penos for five season at CMU. Not only can't Penos call plays, he can't hire a staff, either. Penos really is a son of a bltch and Mandy absolutely whiffed on his most important hire. It's only more depressing when you recall how much he hyped this hire up and how different Penos is compared to the fictional OC he promised the fans.

Mandy hired a terrible OC and gave him free reign over hires on that side of the ball, and now we're dealing with the consequences.
I dont know if he got free reign to make hires because he has no ties to hickson or field. Looks like he was able to bring a couple of his guys in with barry and stubblefield.

Advertisement
Manny and this staff is fckin bull chit. Stealing money. And these kids have zero pride. Starts from the top. This is what we r. Lol at any fan thinking Manny will improve w/in 3 yrs. This is his new Miami.
I have to believe these players hear Manny talk mad crap about accountability and toughness and competition

Then when it comes to game day and see what the coaches do, and say F this used car salesman

romberg who i like is annoying at times. he talks about wanting to get involved and help out and all this ****, but if he were to be placed on staff, he'd be the laziest **** out there. he barely shows up to do his own job, imagine him trying to recruit. with that said, it sucks the line is useless, and both have been there in the summer to "help" them and or berate them, but it is what it is. theres a diff mentality from these kids and the kids back then.
Even bringing up pay, position, etc (when he should be volunteering) wreaks of desperation on his behalf. Combine that with the new podcast/radio gigs and I would say the man is reeling from being canned at 790.

Advertisement
We have got to be the only university with all world talent begging to be hired as consultants every year and we shoot them down. Better distance ourselves from the successful ones quick don’t wanna accidentally win a game

Alarming that our backups are goofballs. Do we have any legit backups? Dykstra/Herbert/hillery don’t sniff the field. Do we really only go 6 deep at OL? Fml

The thing that's most depressing about the offensive line not considering the playcalling, is how they have not improved through 7 games, yet. Our sacks allowed/game number is still 127th out of 130 teams, and we inflate the sack numbers for mediocre defenses and make solid defenses like UF seem all world.

This year we have played two teams in the top 50 in scoring defense (Pitt will be the third at #41 so far) in UF #11 and UVA at #24, so consistently we have not even been challenged a lot with tough defensive teams.

Idk rell..only part I don’t like is the calling out players on a Radio show..if your an alum..tryna help/mentor..then I don’t believe in doing that. Ppl had a issue when T brown did it as a coach saying there was some “cancers” on the team, throwing a player under the bus..now my thing is this, Brett and McKinney are former stars so I’m never gonna pretend to know more then them as far as ball..but we’re either one of those greats finished products when they stepped on campus as fresh, soph..no. Do u really expect a couple of film sessions/ workouts with a unit that was TERRIBLE the year before to make that unit come out and dominate? I think if you asked these two that they’d say no. But they want to see improvement, which is fine. We all do. But If you tryna mentor/ teach these kids, getting on a radio show and singling out them is not cool imo. If your in that role you can communicate to the kids who are responsive to it behind public view..but absolutely nothing about this Olines performance surprises me. But If they don’t show improvement, (I’d say they played OK the last two weeks) over the last stretch of games then there’s a huge problem..As fans we want to eat up as much insight as we can get. I get that..
Okay you dont like calling the players out, but the question is how do the players feel about it? Are they upset, ****ed off? If so good!!!! Most of our lineman play with zero aggression. They're trying to light a fire under their asses because nothing else is working.

Advertisement
Alarming that our backups are goofballs. Do we have any legit backups? Dykstra/Herbert/hillery don’t sniff the field. Do we really only go 6 deep at OL? Fml
And this might be the reason we are playing Nelson who clearly isn't ready yet. Honestly I think it's more alarming that we never know who to pick on on blitzes up the middle.

I have zero problems with players being called out publicly. This generation, people don't tell them like it is. They get all butthurt, not that there wasn't players like that back in the day, and shut down. You're playing a man's game, ***** the b.s., and if you don't like it hit the portal.

The portal, I get how it can help some players out, but it's also again a problem with this generation. It's an easy way to cop out and bounce. The way the NCAA has been handing out immediate playing time compounds the situation. Ultimately though, you've gotta earn your keep and if not, someone else can take your spot.

Advertisement
Mullen's OL coach came in year 1 and did wonders. You saw his unit improve week after week in Mullen's first season where they took over a disastrous offense in Gainesville. Other teams are getting better, we're getting worst.

mullen has a good staff and brought his MSU gusy with him aside from grantham. the issue with DM is that theyre not recruiters. Florida will always get kids bc theyre in the SEC and a power brand, but hes still getting crushed in recruiting. theyre hoping he hires recriuters for his staff bc none of his guys cna do that well

I don't know the inner workings but I always believe that bad leadership is at the core of bad play much more often than not.

Our guys may not be doing what they need to because they might not be buying into or respecting our coaches.

Just a thought.

I don't know the inner workings but I always believe that bad leadership is at the core of bad play much more often than not.

Our guys may not be doing what they need to because they might not be buying into or respecting our coaches.

Just a thought.

Your a reflection of your management.

I get that but these are extremely successful people who are voluntarily donating time to help. You heard McKinnie talking about all the businesses he owns but still offered to come down twice a week to help. If the kids are being disrespectful they have every right to put them on blast. The problem with someone on the coaching staff doing it is that IT IS HIS JOB. Dont call your players cancers in public. You are getting paid to fix it. Romberg and McKinnie are justifiably ****ed at kids who were blowing them off. My guess is #75 was being especially disrespectful- these dudes seem like they have a good sense of humor so they wouldn't be angry at kids just having fun.
Yeah..from they point of view u right..but going on the radio show is doing what..
Okay you dont like calling the players out, but the question is how do the players feel about it? Are they upset, ****ed off? If so good!!!! Most of our lineman play with zero aggression. They're trying to light a fire under their asses because nothing else is working.
I have no problem with calling out players..the same ones okay with it now have a problem when a actual coach does it tho ..

Advertisement
Back