OK, So WTF Is Really Going On Here!??

Agree. And now you’ve damaged or completely lost any trust or respect you had from the kids and the staff by saying all this publicly on a broadcast. It’s not cool. And Romberg is supposed to be the Honorary Captain on Nov 9. Will be curious to see if that still happens. You do not air dirty laundry on kids. Especially if you want them to trust you.
Exactly..idk how some can’t see this as a singular issue and flat out wrong. Let a actual coach on the stadium come out and do it (T Brown last year) and the same ones say “you can’t throw your players under the bus”. If your tryna be in a mentor or coach role u don’t do it

Advertisement
Mullen's OL coach came in year 1 and did wonders. You saw his unit improve week after week in Mullen's first season where they took over a disastrous offense in Gainesville. Other teams are getting better, we're getting worst.
U do realize UF oline Group is a veteran group right?..each guys a RS JR or better

Exactly..idk how some can’t see this as a singular issue and flat out wrong. Let a actual coach on the stadium come out and do it (T Brown last year) and the same ones say “you can’t throw your players under the bus”. If your tryna be in a mentor or coach role u don’t do it
I could care less if their feelings are hurt. It doesn't sound like they were giving any trust or respect to begin with. I think we must recruit the dumbest of the dumb mentally, regardless of their physical skill set.

I could care less if their feelings are hurt. It doesn't sound like they were giving any trust or respect to begin with. I think we must recruit the dumbest of the dumb mentally, regardless of their physical skill set.
So you just taking Brett, and McKinneys word 1000%..it’s not even about hurt feelings..that’s what most fans would automatically point too lol..it’s about building trust..you watch a couple of fill sessions, work out with the group a few times..and then blast them on a radio show? To accomplish what?

So you just taking Brett, and McKinneys word 1000%..it’s not even about hurt feelings..that’s what most fans would automatically point too lol..it’s about building trust..you watch a couple of fill sessions, work out with the group a few times..and then blast them on a radio show? To accomplish what?
It's freaking football. What is all this trust that needs to be built before you use that grey matter between your ears that God gave you? It's very simple, you are an 18 year old kid that's getting his **** pushed in every game. Former NFL greats come in and try to tell you how to play the **** position. You listen intently and then do what they say. There's nothing else here. What, did they need some kind of trust relationship to believe they know wtf they are talking about? Just do it!

To accomplish what? to accomplish accountability! You know, TNM.

Advertisement
It's freaking football. What is all this trust that needs to be built before you use that grey matter between your ears that God gave you? It's very simple, you are an 18 year old kid that's getting his **** pushed in every game. Former NFL greats come in and try to tell you how to play the **** position. You listen intently and then do what they say. There's nothing else here. What, did they need some kind of trust relationship to believe they know wtf they are talking about? Just do it!

To accomplish what? to accomplish accountability! You know, TNM.
on a radio show and for your twitter followers..oookay

on a radio show and for your twitter followers..oookay
To the public at large, via whatever source gets it there. I guess you only think accountability goes so far. Maybe you are the old Miami, but not the good old Miami, the Al Golden Miami.

To the public at large, via whatever source gets it there. I guess you only think accountability goes so far. Maybe you are the old Miami, but not the good old Miami, the Al Golden Miami.
Oh so former players were calling out Butches and cokers teams on radio shows..and to answer the wims of their twitter followers..keeping them accountable eh

Advertisement

To show respect next time to people are volunteering their time. Other Cane legends are likely volunteering and being similarly disrespected. If Diaz doesn't take care of it (and he can't tie his own shoelaces so its unlikely he is correcting the behavior), you are going to just have a lot of ****ed off former players stop helping the program. Putting a super disrespectful kid (who is a wasted scholarship) on blast serves notice that their disrespect is angering former players. Good for McKinnie and Romberg.

To show respect next time to people are volunteering their time. Other Cane legends are likely volunteering and being similarly disrespected. If Diaz doesn't take care of it (and he can't tie his own shoelaces so its unlikely he is correcting the behavior), you are going to just have a lot of ****ed off former players stop helping the program. Putting a super disrespectful kid (who is a wasted scholarship) on blast serves notice that their disrespect is angering former players. Good for McKinnie and Romberg.
👀

Advertisement
I normally don’t believe in hiring former players bc they were great or bc they’re alumni without other coaching experience, but I would give McKinnie a look if he was interested. When I hear him talk about O line play, he just gets it. He’s the perfect combo of physical and technician you should want in a coach at that position

How much does youth/inexperience, new O scheme, new OL coach, depth play into the obvious terrible OL play? With that being said, after 7 games, Enos and Barry should have been able to make adjustments to counter the obvious issues. We did see Brevin doing some chipping against GT as pointed out by Roman. Brevin chipping the DE is a damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario because it can limit his ability to get open in passing routes.

Obviously, Romberg and Mount McKinnie are as frustrated as the rest of us about the play of the OL. I just don't think airing your dirty laundry in public is a good look. It could alienate them from both players and coaches. Best case would be that it galvanizes the OL and prods them into working harder to improve. But that's highly unlikely because I doubt seriously they're listening to a Romberg podcast.

It’s not about embarrassing players or coaches or bringing attention to themselves. Nobody had to do that to the team or coaches, they do that to themselves every Saturday. It’s about shining a light on the issues, with a hope that they’ll be addressed.

If they didn’t do this interview, who would’ve known? It’s one thing to see the line struggle every week, but it’s another to get insight into why and how it could be fixed by guys who have seen it up close

It’s not about embarrassing players or coaches or bringing attention to themselves. Nobody had to do that to the team or coaches, they do that to themselves every Saturday. It’s about shining a light on the issues, with a hope that they’ll be addressed.

If they didn’t do this interview, who would’ve known? It’s one thing to see the line struggle every week, but it’s another to get insight into why and how it could be fixed by guys who have seen it up close
Point taken. However, I refer back to my days as a peon and a manager. It's like a manager berating an employee in the middle of the office/plant, etc. in the midst of the entire staff. I now that's a little extreme. But the point is, one on one discussion is much more effective. Airing dirty laundry in public destroys trust and builds walls between the involved parties. If it's permissible, I would rather they contacted the players on an individual basis or maybe a group chat.

Advertisement
Point taken. However, I refer back to my days as a peon and a manager. It's like a manager berating an employee in the middle of the office/plant, etc. in the midst of the entire staff. I now that's a little extreme. But the point is, one on one discussion is much more effective. Airing dirty laundry in public destroys trust and builds walls between the involved parties. If it's permissible, I would rather they contacted the players on an individual basis or maybe a group chat.

I don’t think the players would ever do that though. They seem like they don’t care and like they said they haven’t reached back out.

Now I agree with you about at a work place but I’ve always seen sports as not a work place and fair game for criticism off to the side and in front of others. Just my two cents. I was raised by parents who held me accountable and I wasn’t babied. My mindset isn’t aligned with these millennials.

I just finished the Podcast. Just... ****.

They came at the players as hard as they came at Barry. But on Barry, they definitely came at him for jumpsetting all the time, though Romberg seemed to think it might be the result of his OL having soft hands. You could tell McKinney was holding back a little on Barry, though. But he did allude to there being issues in what was being coached.

Just... ****.

Yup. The only saving grace is we might eventually have no option but to put in Martell and at least that noise/question mark will be addressed.

The funniest/saddest **** will also be Mark Whipple exposing our D and Manny. It'll be like our misery is just coming full effing circle.

Martell will excell from a primarily shotgun offense just like Jarren and N’Kosi.

Oline was better in pass pro against gt, but that ain’t saying much.

Double reverse on the 10.

NEVER FORGET!

Even with the bad offensive line, we can get more points if Enos had it together.

Advertisement
Back